GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If his defense is "distracted dad" then, sadly, I think you may be right. I'm surprised at the number of people who think that the loss of your child is punishment enough.

If this had been the result of a distracted babysitter, then there would be no question. I don't know why we don't hold parents to a high standard, since they are the primary caregiver.

Hopefully the jury will see that this is much more than a distracted parent.

He forgot his child in less than six minutes. Six minutes.

And most distracted parents blindly follow their routine. Ross did not. He turned a different way than his routine.

I just don't think the "distracted" excuse will work.

And most distracted parents blindly follow their routine. Ross did not. He turned a different way than his routine.

It shouldn't work but always concerns about the occasional juror projecting their own values onto the soulless criminal, "I wouldn't intentionally harm my baby whom I love...pictures and witnesses portray him as a loving dad...he didn't intentionally kill Cooper".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is also telling that RH said he strapped poor Cooper in extra tight 'like he always did in case of an accident'. Made me think of a book I read called "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker. (I highly recommend this to all parents, women, etc. because it tells of cases of rape/murder and how to trust/hone your instincts to help prevent you from becoming a victim as well.)

Anyways, part of the book describes how to spot liars/manipulators. Part of a liar's modus operandi is often to give "too much information". They are either trying to persuade you for whatever reason or trying to gain your trust.

I believe the 'and then I strapped him in real tight like I always do in case of an accident' was trying to serve a two-fold purpose for RH. 1) He was trying hard to get the police to believe he was a good, OVERLY cautious Dad. 2) He *knew* the police would question why he was strapped in the way he was so he was trying to head off that suspicion.

kind of o/t, but I'm an extremely detail oriented person and tend to give a lot of information that others think is unnecessary. Just look at my posts here lol. I think, if I were ever accused of a crime, I would become an immediate suspect under this theory. Also, for similar reasons, I think I could easily fail a lie detector. For me, there are very few simple "yes" or "no" questions - there's almost always some nuance that would make me pause while I consider exactly how the question is worded and whether I'm answering truthfully given the exact question asked. Not saying that's the case, but these types of generalizations about guilty behavior always make me uncomfortable because I can always imagine someone saying "just LISTEN to her. Of COURSE she's guilty. It couldn't be any plainer. Idiots." lmao

Not to correct you about the time but, It is more like 30 seconds. From the time he strapped Cooper in the carseat to the intersection where he SHOULD HAVE turned left is like 30 seconds. Thats the amount of time it took JRH to forget that Cooper was in the car. I sure hope with all the other evidence it doesn't work either.

there's something about her that reminds me of susan smith. i haven't read anything about her having ppd.

in my heart, i think they planned cooper's death. i think the police will soon charge her as well and that's when they'll turn on each other. i agree with this cnn news clip…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgb6PYnN2g8

yikes y'all…i'm new at this…i meant to reply to pigpong but clicked on the wrong block.

question: i read a post on another site. is it against the rules to cut and paste it into a post here?

I posted a similar comment. She does remind me of Susan Smith. I'll bet Casey Anthony is saying " A good plan but such a bad liar!".

Does anybody know details about Cooper's funeral? I ask because...well, if it was open casket, if I was an investigator, I would like to know if anything was placed inside, particularly by LH.

I don't have dogs or children but I do have birds. I talk to them all the time and they talk back too! It's such a habit that I even talk to wild birds outside sometimes. My birds are social and use a form of language to communicate. One would hope that anyone who is raising a life form who depends on communication would make a habit out of communicating with it so it can learn! My birds pay close attention to my body language and verbal communication and I pay close attention to theirs. We do communicate quite effectively at times though my birds usually don't use human words in the right context (sometimes they do though). For example they have a certain sound that indicates I should check their food dish before leaving the room. When they make that sound I know it's empty or close to it! Birds feel insecure when their humans don't give them enough attention (one of the causes of self-plucking - poor diet or health problems can cause it too). Imagine how awful it is to be a human baby and be ignored.

I loved my bird babies and we communicated from the time my feet hit the floor. I knew exactly what each sound meant and they did talk! Communication with any life is essential!

He actually "forgot" his child in 30-40 seconds between when he strapped him in a CFA, and turned the wrong way to go to work instead of daycare.

I think Ross could become suicidal if he has shame at his core. He could turn on himself if he becomes aware of his nature- "I'm the perpetrator not the victim."

From what I've read about his words and actions, facial expressions of contempt at the bond hearing, and lack of grief about Cooper's death, I don't think he's suicidal at this time. His cognitive dissonance is in full swing. That could change if he loses the support of his wife and family as more details emerge.

I appreciate your post. I just doubt this man will ever commit suicide for what he has done to his child. Maybe in desperation for his situation and pity for himself. What do you think? JMO

I posted a similar comment. She does remind me of Susan Smith. I'll bet Casey Anthony is saying " A good plan but such a bad liar!".

I said the same thing during the hearing, she reminds me of Susan Smith.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone know if family or friends of the couple have spoken out yet? So curious to see if the family is still supportive

I appreciate your post. I just doubt this man will ever commit suicide for what he has done to his child. Maybe in desperation for his situation and pity for himself. What do you think? JMO

Yes. I agree. He has no empathy. He'd do so out of shame (not guilt)- not because he murdered his son but because his true nature was exposed (he was found out- everyone knows he's not the church-going, family man, successful IT guy he tried to portray).

there's something about her that reminds me of susan smith. i haven't read anything about her having ppd.

in my heart, i think they planned cooper's death. i think the police will soon charge her as well and that's when they'll turn on each other. i agree with this cnn news clip…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgb6PYnN2g8

yikes y'all…i'm new at this…i meant to reply to pigpong but clicked on the wrong block.

question: i read a post on another site. is it against the rules to cut and paste it into a post here?

PPD only applies to the first year of the baby's life. A PPD defense could not be used, because Cooper was 22 months.

She reminds me of Susan Smith, also.

I don't think he is suicidal and I doubt the state thinks it as well. But this is the highest profile case in Cobb Co. (and in GA since Sneiderman) and they aren't going to risk anything happening to him. Could you imagine the backlash from supporters (because there still are many) and lawsuits filed by family if he died in jail before a conviction, self inflicted or otherwise.

Anyone know if family or friends of the couple have spoken out yet? So curious to see if the family is still supportive

I have a feeling they are probably still trying to accept or deny the information they heard in the hearing. I would not be surprised if most outside of the immediate family have turned, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the immediate family has no idea what to feel.

My guess is he has few supporters right now. I am also super curious who is still behind him.

I think it is also telling that RH said he strapped poor Cooper in extra tight 'like he always did in case of an accident'. Made me think of a book I read called "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin de Becker. (I highly recommend this to all parents, women, etc. because it tells of cases of rape/murder and how to trust/hone your instincts to help prevent you from becoming a victim as well.)

Anyways, part of the book describes how to spot liars/manipulators. Part of a liar's modus operandi is often to give "too much information". They are either trying to persuade you for whatever reason or trying to gain your trust.

I believe the 'and then I strapped him in real tight like I always do in case of an accident' was trying to serve a two-fold purpose for RH. 1) He was trying hard to get the police to believe he was a good, OVERLY cautious Dad. 2) He *knew* the police would question why he was strapped in the way he was so he was trying to head off that suspicion.

I remember the emphasis on the word "tight" during the detective's testimony. Not "snug," or "carefully"... the detective said "tight" at least twice. So sad.

If mom worked from home why was Cooper in daycare????

It depends on what she did. I have worked for a company and I know of several others where even if you work from home, you are not allowed to have children or other distractions there. They even do checks to ensure that you have a quiet work environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9