GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the idea of premeditation will be too much for an entire jury to believe.

Seriously? And you never thought letting the HOT air out FIRST might make you car cooler when you start your car? I am almost 40 and have lived in the south my ENTIRE life. We always roll our windows down to let the hot air out. Then we roll them up and start the ac. I can't even imagine a true southern NOT doing this... it is common place around these parts.

I'm from St. Louis and have been doing that all my life, I'm not in "the South" but it gets plenty hot here in the summer. I haven't owned a car with AC until 2011. Even when I use the AC, if I get a chance I roll the windows down several minutes before leaving because the seat, steering wheel, the club and other parts are not that pleasant to touch when you first get in if you don't do this.

And two weeks before Cooper's death, possible shortly after this story about Luong, Harris and/or Leanna switched Cooper from a forward facing car seat to a rear facing car seat.

MOO

I believe the story is that the FF seat was in RH's car since Cooper rode in that one most. LH took a trip to Bama with Cooper and they switched carseats and then never switched them back.

We also, at one point, used a FF in one car and a RF in the other. My wife has the kids most so she had the FF and I had the RF in mine.

Good car seats aren't cheap. And it's a pain in the *advertiser censored* to switch them. And with one dropping him off and the other picking him up, they needed two seats.

I wouldn't have bought a new guitar when I could have used a new car seat though.

How much was the guitar, btw? RH had recently sold a guitar on ebay. And a bass too. Hell, I sold my '53 Martin for $ for school. I have a nice sounding guitar my with bought me for Christmas several years ago. I'd sell it and my wife would sell jewelry if we really needed something for the girls...

Any guitarists out there? OT but I bought that beautiful Martin for $50. It had a hole the size of a half dollar on the top that had absolutely no effect on the sound. I took it to get an estimate to several places about repairing it. Guy in Nashville told me not to do it. He said, "Ricky Nelson played a geetar with a hole in it and it worked out a'right for 'em."

Sold that axe for $1,750.00 and miss it to this day.

I am thinking that it's a possibility that he may get off. I am thinking that some people will not want to believe that a father would intentionally do this. And the thought that the mother would be involved could possible make it harder. I think that lots of people don't want to think that jail for a long time could be a possibility for forgetting your child in a car. As far as the texting (sexting) with multiple other woman, well as far as men go... I can't think of a man I know that would not look at a naked woman or part of one. It will be interesting to know what conversations he has had with one or more of these women he has communicated with and whether there was talk of him leaving LH and not wanting to share custody or pay child support. I tell you I have known a few men in my life that would never leave their wife and didn't because of the money, it is cheaper to keep her. He was not doing well at work, he was passed over for a promotion. I don't think that home depot is the kind of employer that looks fondly at employees that can't move ahead in their field. Like my lovely daughter said to me, Mom I don't dress for the job I have, I dress for the job I want. It's my opinion that he was on his way out the door. Home depot is not a company that keeps dead wood around. I can't understand the non communication between LH and JRH the whole day, especially when the dad is dropping of the child at daycare. And then the mother picks him up... but was it not said that she did not always do this? If that is true then with no communication how does one know what the other is doing, how do they know who is getting off first to know who, (which one) is picking him up? It does not fly. Sorry for the ramble I had a few hours to think and there you go. :)

OK o/t I am the mommy to a teeny tiny baby bunny that I am still bottle feeding but taking out for fresh air and grass. Time to go out.

there's something about her that reminds me of susan smith. i haven't read anything about her having ppd.

in my heart, i think they planned cooper's death. i think the police will soon charge her as well and that's when they'll turn on each other. i agree with this cnn news clip…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgb6PYnN2g8

yikes y'all…i'm new at this…i meant to reply to pigpong but clicked on the wrong block.

question: i read a post on another site. is it against the rules to cut and paste it into a post here?

I believe the story is that the FF seat was in RH's car since Cooper rode in that one most. LH took a trip to Bama with Cooper and they switched carseats and then never switched them back.

We also, at one point, used a FF in one car and a RF in the other. My wife has the kids most so she had the FF and I had the RF in mine.

Good car seats aren't cheap. And it's a pain in the *advertiser censored* to switch them. And with one dropping him off and the other picking him up, they needed two seats.

I wouldn't have bought a new guitar when I could have used a new car seat though.

How much was the guitar, btw? RH had recently sold a guitar on ebay. And a bass too. Hell, I sold my '53 Martin for $ for school. I have a nice sounding guitar my with bought me for Christmas several years ago. I'd sell it and my wife would sell jewelry if we really needed something for the girls...

Any guitarists out there? OT but I bought that beautiful Martin for $50. It had a hole the size of a half dollar on the top that had absolutely no effect on the sound. I took it to get an estimate to several places about repairing it. Guy in Nashville told me not to do it. He said, "Ricky Nelson played a geetar with a hole in it and it worked out a'right for 'em."

Sold that axe for $1,750.00 and miss it to this day.

While that might explain why he was using Cooper's old infant car seat, that doesn't explain why the car seat was set at the lowest possible setting (for an infant). Cooper wasn't an infant.
Obviously he was strapped in so tight, he couldn't possibly get out.

Ross reminds me of Susan Smith. I was reading about her last night. Many said she led a double life. She murdered her babies as an attempt to save a romantic relationship with a man who didn't want to date a woman with kids. Wondering if Ross had a similar situation with the 6 minute phone call daycare worker?

Someone posted on another thread that 10 months ago Ross was posting about taking Cooper to college football games. Something radically changed in the last 10 months- besides being passed over for a promotion, IMO.

(Ross always had this homicidal propensity but I think a combo of stressors erupted the storm within)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know who the phone was with? I thought we didn't.

While that might explain why he was using Cooper's old infant car seat, that doesn't explain why the car seat was set at the lowest possible setting (for an infant). Cooper wasn't an infant.
Obviously he was strapped in so tight, he couldn't possibly get out.

We all know why the boy was strapped like he was. I was just explaining the reason for FF and RF carseats...

LittleRose we are supposed to tread very carefully about the daycare employee til MSM catches up with this theory

Do we know who the phone was with? I thought we didn't.

Someone at the daycare who hasn't owned up to it yet and who he denied talking to. The answering machine would have cut off before 6 minutes, according to LE.

lawstudent your mother was like mine and like I was (still am) with mine, conversation in the car even if one sided at times. Car rides and walks were learning experiences, a chance to notice the world around and discuss/learn about it.

O/T. There is tons and tons if research that shows that reading and conversing with your child is what makes your child intelligent.

Use big words and read read read. Even as an infant. The research is overwhelming on this.

I am thinking that it's a possibility that he may get off. I am thinking that some people will not want to believe that a father would intentionally do this. And the thought that the mother would be involved could possible make it harder. I think that lots of people don't want to think that jail for a long time could be a possibility for forgetting your child in a car. As far as the texting (sexting) with multiple other woman, well as far as men go... I can't think of a man I know that would not look at a naked woman or part of one. It will be interesting to know what conversations he has had with one or more of these women he has communicated with and whether there was talk of him leaving LH and not wanting to share custody or pay child support. I tell you I have known a few men in my life that would never leave their wife and didn't because of the money, it is cheaper to keep her. He was not doing well at work, he was passed over for a promotion. I don't think that home depot is the kind of employer that looks fondly at employees that can't move ahead in their field. Like my lovely daughter said to me, Mom I don't dress for the job I have, I dress for the job I want. It's my opinion that he was on his way out the door. Home depot is not a company that keeps dead wood around. I can't understand the non communication between LH and JRH the whole day, especially when the dad is dropping of the child at daycare. And then the mother picks him up... but was it not said that she did not always do this? If that is true then with no communication how does one know what the other is doing, how do they know who is getting off first to know who, (which one) is picking him up? It does not fly. Sorry for the ramble I had a few hours to think and there you go. :)

OK o/t I am the mommy to a teeny tiny baby bunny that I am still bottle feeding but taking out for fresh air and grass. Time to go out.

If there's any worry in the DA's mind about him getting off, we won't see a change in the charges. And they will nail the *advertiser censored* on 2nd degree and felony murder. They don't have to prove he intentionally left him there.

But, it could cause a problem if they want to charge LH.

What would records show if he just held onto the phone, pretending he was talking so as not to speak to police, once machine was done, for instance?

What would records show if he just held onto the phone, pretending he was talking so as not to speak to police, once machine was done, for instance?

Good question. I don't know but wouldn't the answering machine show evidence that it received/recorded the call?

Could they have heard about this little girl?
same story... almost

11 months before Cooper's death...on July 18, 2013 in Alabama. Mom had trouble getting pregnant and told her mother she had a feeling something bad was
gonna happen...
Charges were dropped against mom May 28, 2014
puzyby8y.jpg

"Ella, was discovered by her mother about 1:20 p.m. Wednesday, still strapped in her car seat in the locked Lexus parked outside the family's Genesis Nail Spa. The temperature outside was about 90 degrees"

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/07/mother_of_baby_left_in_locked.html

Omg! Great find. That happened in Alabama. For sure they heard about it.

There are too many similarities to ignore. I wonder if LE can search their computers to find out if they viewed this story.

Crazy

Because it reveals he already knew what the baby might look like. Just as in the Haleigh Cummings case when the father said "she "was" the best little girl a father could have. "WAS"? Then he dropped to his knees in tears partially because he realized what he had just said. Using terms in the past tense when discussing the possibility of your child's death reveals frame of mind.

If I realized I had left my baby in its car seat all day... When I realized it 7 hours later, I would be full of dread in that time I stopped the car and saw my child. It doesn't take an Internet search or a medical degree to know what you find isn't going to be pretty. And if you were relaying that to someone else, you'd use the past tense. Because, you know, it previously happened.

I absolutely believe this was intentional... but I wonder if we might be getting hung up on some things they SAID, when there is plenty they DID. And I include myself in that statement....

there's something about her that reminds me of susan smith. i haven't read anything about her having ppd.

in my heart, i think they planned cooper's death. i think the police will soon charge her as well and that's when they'll turn on each other. i agree with this cnn news clip…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgb6PYnN2g8

yikes y'all…i'm new at this…i meant to reply to pigpong but clicked on the wrong block.

question: i read a post on another site. is it against the rules to cut and paste it into a post here?
Welcome to WS!

You can't cut and paste, but you can paraphrase. (unless it's an obvious rumor that hasn't been reported elsewhere)

I don't have dogs or children but I do have birds. I talk to them all the time and they talk back too! It's such a habit that I even talk to wild birds outside sometimes. My birds are social and use a form of language to communicate. One would hope that anyone who is raising a life form who depends on communication would make a habit out of communicating with it so it can learn! My birds pay close attention to my body language and verbal communication and I pay close attention to theirs. We do communicate quite effectively at times though my birds usually don't use human words in the right context (sometimes they do though). For example they have a certain sound that indicates I should check their food dish before leaving the room. When they make that sound I know it's empty or close to it! Birds feel insecure when their humans don't give them enough attention (one of the causes of self-plucking - poor diet or health problems can cause it too). Imagine how awful it is to be a human baby and be ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elle C