GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, these convertible seats are meant to be used until they are outgrown weight wise, their age doesn't matter. I just pulled an extra car seat from my garage, it's a Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite. The straps are set to one location (the lowest) and I just put my 10 month old in it. He fits the car seat specs and fits him comfortably. Then I put my almost 4 year old, (very petite) daughter in it, without changing anything and she fits in it comfortably too, and her head does not go above the shell. She also fits into the online specs. Mine is a little different b/c you can slide the straps up and down without rethreading them at the top though.

<<<< repsectfully snipped by borndem >>>>

Welcome

to

:websleuther:Websleuths,:websleuther:

:drumroll:alsleuther !!!:drumroll:

We're glad you've joined us!!

:party:

I'm assuming the LE have checked, but I would find out if RH is one that typically drives his friends to lunch. His car seat was in the rear-center, so he could have fit 2 passengers. I would like to know if, on the day, he offered to drive or how that discussion went.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you see the prelim hearing and see the evidence pointing to this being a deliberate act? He did not cry at all until it was about him being a good dad. jmo

Yep - every.single.time he showed ANY emotion was when a witness was talking about what a "great dad" they thought he was.

RH showed zero emotion when Det. Stoddard described the condition baby Cooper was in when he was found and the suffering he endured before he died.

That tells me that it's all about RH in RH's demented mind.

IMO, Cooper was nothing more than an accessory to RH, and when that accessory became inconvenient, RH devised a plan to get rid of him in such a way that, once again, it would be all about RH (or so he thought).

I think he expected LE to view him as the poor forgetful, doting dad.

RH: "I can't believe this is happening to me!" "Why am I being punished?" "I'm going to lose my job!"

from your link:

'According to Stoddard, the boy’s parents had purchased a new, forward-facing child seat six weeks ago but, just a few weeks before his death, they switched back to his old seat for reasons not made clear.'

looks like the WS gang was right to keep questioning this

I thought Stoddard said at the hearing that LH put the new car seat in her car to go to AL?

Thanks! I think I jumped in a couple of threads too late, and didn't see that it was a rear facing seat with a base. I cannot imagine a child of his age fitting into that seat at that lowest position.

Exactly. This is setup for a newborn, not a 22mo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

Just from my experience as a grandmother, once you put a toddler in a front facing car seat you could never go back to rear facing! And if you did, there's no way you would be able to forget they were there!!! Mine would have been throwing fits!!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-searched-hot-car-dads-medical-records-electronics/story?id=24452801

There is a picture at this link of the vehicle from the rear, I zoomed in and if I am nor mistaken I can see the car seat. With that said I have wondered if a carseat sits at the same height in the same seat facing forward or rear facing. Some seats in the back of vehicles have a lower seat towards the rear then where your knees bend, hope that makes sense. I have sat in back seat where my lap is level then in some my knees are about under my chin. IDK I think it's wrong to force kidlets to have to be rearfacing while in a vehicle, it would probably make me puke.

http://youtu.be/Q8gU9zzCGA8

Rear facing car seats save many lives and prevent many head and spinal cord injuries. Just take a look at this video. It has a lot of good quotes from major studies/sources but at least fast forward to the crash testing and see the difference, I'd take car sickness over a spinal cord injury any day. I would just hate for less people to want to use rear facing seats from this story. Get a mirror and secure it over the child so you can see them while rear facing or leave your purse or phone in the backseat so you will never forget them back there. But never exchange forward facing seats for rear facing just to see your child!

http://youtu.be/Q8gU9zzCGA8

Rear facing car seats save many lives and prevent many head and spinal cord injuries. Just take a look at this video. It has a lot of good quotes from major studies/sources but at least fast forward to the crash testing and see the difference, I'd take car sickness over a spinal cord injury any day. I would just hate for less people to want to use rear facing seats from this story. Get a mirror and secure it over the child so you can see them while rear facing or leave your purse or phone in the backseat so you will never forget them back there. But never exchange forward facing seats for rear facing just to see your child!

Of course... if the child fits the seat! To have a kid in a seat that is too small is certainly NOT safe, no matter which direction it faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

The question is, WHY was the newer car seat still in Leanna's car? The trip was at least two weeks before Cooper died, so why did they not switch the car seats back during those two weeks?

I thought Stoddard said at the hearing that LH put the new car seat in her car to go to AL?

So why not buy 2 instead of going out to lunch and breakfast and buying a fancy guitar?

I never even thought about our actions with the kitty until after she left. I live in So. CA. and it was only in thelow 80's Saturday. Yet, between us, we showed much more concern for the cat than this did for his child.

Very sad.

Respectfully snipped for one sentence.....

It is so true - We have had other WS posters state they were bottle feeding baby animals - one is feeding a bunny - one is feeding several piglets - I am bottle feeding 3 orphaned kittens. This means getting up every 3 or 4 hours - planning any errands around their feeding schedule - checking room temps. etc.

Yet - most compassionate human beings feel even *more* compelled to take care of living beings that are helpless (like these babies). There is something VERY seriously wrong with a parent who does not show this minimal level of concern and care. Your neighbor's cat, though not a baby, was still helpless by being in the carrier. Just as CH was helpless due to being strapped into his car seat.

I very much agree - it is very sad :(

So why not buy 2 instead of going out to lunch and breakfast and buying a fancy guitar?

Exactly! We bought two of the infant car seats, and two of the toddler seats. Not only are they a pain to install, it's convenient to have one in each vehicle!

My sister works from home. She has a very responsible job that requires Skype calls and regular conference calls. Her kids are 7 and 10 and STILL interrupt unless they are at camp, daycare, or school. SO I get that she might have needed to have the baby in daycare to be able to perform the job functions.

I want to know more about the "rant" posted on a non-reference-able site by Ross concerning abortion.

If there is a hidden medical Dx I suspect we will hear within next 48 hrs.....MOOO

LE has probably interviewed all of the daycare workers by now to get their assessment of CH's development and if there were any unexplained bruises etc.

mimi56

Just from my experience as a grandmother, once you put a toddler in a front facing car seat you could never go back to rear facing! And if you did, there's no way you would be able to forget they were there!!! Mine would have been throwing fits!!

((((

Plus at that age they're jabber jaws! Mine would have been yapping or singing the whole (2 minute) way to daycare! I never stopped talking to her either! you don't just put the kid in the back seat and poof! out of sight out of mind

We can have a conversation like that about the majority of people and their priorities.

True. But in this case we are talking about a "father" that was more concerned with his "flings" than his own son and a "mother" who was more concerned with seeing her husband than her own child.

The two adults in this case are proving that their priorities are skewed.

MOO

True. But in this case we are talking about a "father" that was more concerned with his "flings" than his own son and a "mother" who was more concerned with seeing her husband than her own child.

The two adults in this case are proving that their priorities are skewed.

MOO

Whether "flings" or "things", it makes no difference to me. There are ways to show your child is REALLY your priority, and IMO most parents, including the H's, don't do what it takes to make them just that.

ETA, that's as far I am going with that because it has the potential to take us way OT.

If Leanna was in on this (and I'm not convinced yet), then maybe her recent visit to her Mom's in Alabama was to allow Grandma one last visit. Hoping Leanna's grieving mother will convince her to testify against Ross...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

or come clean herself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads