GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's wrong to even speculate there was something "wrong" with Cooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? They killed him. So what is the reason?

It seems to me that it is a "mercy" killing.

Her statement of saying too much and knowing he was left in the car indicates to me that he was killed.

So why did they do it?

It does not have to make sense to me except that people justify killing using their own standards.

She said he would be having issues in school. Why would she think that?

ITA. The revelations surprised the defense attorney. RH should have known to tell his lawyer what he did on June 3rd while at work. This IT guy thinks LE can't find his deleted files or else he is so caught up in getting off that it became his main focus.

I surely could be wrong, but I think the poster who said they read 17 pages meant they read 17 pages of the thread here at WS. Found these links of transcripts for ya but it certainly isn't 17pgs and you've prob already seen these.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cg.01.html

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cg.02.html

Yeah, I've seen those. Much appreciated, though. I think he tried to hide his track but he had so many devices that were synced that he didn't get everything he meant too erased.

Maybe I read the post wrong... I was sure hoping to read the defense's redirect.

I read in a press release (don't have the link at the moment) about LAA that HD employees can meet their children for lunch at the cafe in HQ. Has anyone else heard this and if that's true, I wonder if RH ever took advantage of that....

Do we know who *started* the "round of applause" at the funeral? I can see people going along with it to avoid looking like jerks to a "grieving father" even if privately they found it rather unseemly.

I would have walked out...nothing about the funeral seemed to be about Cooper.

ITA. The revelations surprised the defense attorney. RH should have known to tell his lawyer what he did on June 3rd while at work. This IT guy thinks LE can't find his deleted files or else he is so caught up in getting off that it became his main focus.

I surely could be wrong, but I think the poster who said they read 17 pages meant they read 17 pages of the thread here at WS. Found these links of transcripts for ya but it certainly isn't 17pgs and you've prob already seen these.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cg.01.html

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cg.02.html

Ok, I found part of what I was looking for but then they cut to commentary. Does anyone remember from watching the hearing and/or video if Kilgore went back and addressed their (RH &LH) conversation in the interview room?

KILGORE: OK. When he was driven away from the scene in the cruiser, was Ross taken directly to persons to be interviewed?

STODDARD: Yes, sir.

KILGORE: All right. When he got to "persons," how long was he there? Before he was interviewed?

STODDARD: I don't have those times in front of me, sir.

KILGORE: Well, do you think it was more than an hour?

STODDARD: I would say less than an hour.

KILGORE: OK. And during the time he was there, he was in a cell, right?

STODDARD: No. KILGORE: No? He was just in a lobby?

STODDARD: He was unhandcuffed. He was placed into the interview room and given water.

KILGORE: OK. And you recorded all of that.

STODDARD: That's all recorded.

KILGORE: Sure. So anything he said or did, regardless of how it may be characterized, we're going to get to see at some point, right?

STODDARD: Yes, sir.

KILGORE: And then who came in there to speak with him?

STODDARD: I did and Detective Waldorf.

KILGORE: Who?

STODDARD: Waldorf.

KILGORE: Waldorf.

STODDARD: With the crimes against children's unit.

KILGORE: So by the time you sat down to interview him, he had just seen the body of his son. At that juncture, less than three hours.

STODDARD: Yes.

KILGORE: Less than two hours?

STODDARD: We'll say less than three for now.

KILGORE: OK. Certainly sufficiently short period of time where somebody absolutely could still be in shock, correct?

STODDARD: Correct.

KILGORE: And at this point in time, when you spoke to him in that interview room, he had not had an opportunity to see his wife, speak to his wife, or have any interaction with her at all, had he?

STODDARD: That is correct.

KILGORE: During the interview, was he expressing to you concerns about what in the world he was going to say to his wife?

STODDARD: Yes.

KILGORE: And he wanted to talk to her.

KILGORE: And that would not be a remarkable or unusual concern for somebody in this situation, would it?

STODDARD: I would say no.

KILGORE: How long was the interview?

STODDARD: I believe the interview was about -- I'm going to say approximately, but around an hour, hour and a half.

KILGORE: And it's audio and video.

STODDARD: It is audio and video.

KILGORE: OK. So you went through the events of the day.

STODDARD: That is correct.

KILGORE: You didn't -- you didn't discover that Ross had taken Cooper to Chick-Fil-A. He told you that.

KILGORE: He told you that they went there, they went inside. They ordered breakfast and had breakfast there.

KILGORE: And have you gone to Chick-Fil-A to get a recording of those events?

STODDARD: We have.

KILGORE: OK. And did you review those?

STODDARD: I have.

KILGORE: And it's fair to say that what Ross told you about what transpired at Chick-Fil-A, that was accurate?

STODDARD: True.

KILGORE: Who -- who have you talked to at Chick-Fil-A, or who did some of the detectives talk to at Chick-Fil-A.

STODDARD: They talked to the manager.

KILGORE: Do you know who that is?

STODDARD: I don't. Well, it's an owner operator --

BALDWIN: Let's get analysis as we're listening to this defense attorney cross-examination this detective in this case of this father in Georgia, who is sitting in that orange jumpsuit right there right now, who is Justin Ross Harris, who left his 22-month-old, Cooper, in that hot car in June.

I think Kilgore was so blindsided by the sexting revelations that he didn't do as good a job as he could have. The CNN link only has the prosecution's direct. I'm looking for a transcript of redirect. Does anyone have one? Someone also mentioned reading a full transcript that was 17 pages long. Does anyone have a link to it? I looked in the media thread where the CNN links are, but couldn't find the full thing and I can't watch the video right now.

Also, there's a big difference in probable cause hearing and the redirect that would take place in a trial...

I watched the probable cause hearing from an archived file on Wild About Trial website. I'm not sure what the link is, or how to go about bringing it over properly. If you google Wild About Trial, I'm sure you can come across it - I think it is on their front page, or at least it was the last time I was there. Sorry, no idea about transcripts.

I got a different perspective after watching both sides (prosecution / defense).
Prior to watching I was thinking RH murdered his son, and had help from LH.
After, I can see where it could have been an accident with RH absentmindedly making the biggest mistake of his life, and LH not knowing what had happened.

my opinion, etc., etc., and all that jazz - and this can change in the future.

Now I'm wondering just how many of RH's and LH's statements will be admissable if this case goes to trial – what was okay to present at the probable cause hearing may not fly in the actual trial. And it's been pointed out that strong counter arguments will be made by the defense.

So far, just going on what's been made public, I would think that the internet searches by both parents will be included, and some of their statements may come in by way of witness testimony. Maybe the issue of the car seat too.

The autopsy report verifies Cooper died from hyperthermia but that in itself isn't proof of murder. The childfree and death videos may not count for much either. Same with the sexting.

I do think the CCTV captures will play a big part, especially the one showing RH turning his head slightly towards the car seat at lunch time and waiting for the passerby to get beyond the SUV. And the very short distances and times from CFA and the intersection where RH turned the wrong way.

I'm apprehensive that the defense will bring in the expert who calls forgetting your child Forgotten Baby Syndrome. I think his name is Diamond and he might have been on HLN recently talking about this case. He's got an impressive CV. I'm not sure how the prosecution would argue against it.

Anyway, I'm just trying to come up with strong evidence, both hard and circumstantial.

Don't be bickering in here.

Speculation that Cooper may have had medical/physical issues needs a link. There has been nothing in MSM to indicate Cooper may have had special needs of any kind. Before that road is walked, please provide a link that indicates there may have been special needs.

Salem

Her statement of saying too much and knowing he was left in the car indicates to me that he was killed.

So why did they do it?

It does not have to make sense to me except that people justify killing using their own standards.

I refuse to speculate on a victim.

Now I'm wondering just how many of RH's and LH's statements will be admissable if this case goes to trial – what was okay to present at the probable cause hearing may not fly in the actual trial. And it's been pointed out that strong counter arguments will be made by the defense.

So far, just going on what's been made public, I would think that the internet searches by both parents will be included, and some of their statements may come in by way of witness testimony. Maybe the issue of the car seat too.

The autopsy report verifies Cooper died from hyperthermia but that in itself isn't proof of murder. The childfree and death videos may not count for much either. Same with the sexting.

I do think the CCTV captures will play a big part, especially the one showing RH turning his head slightly towards the car seat at lunch time and waiting for the passerby to get beyond the SUV. And the very short distances and times from CFA and the intersection where RH turned the wrong way.

I'm apprehensive that the defense will bring in the expert who calls forgetting your child Forgotten Baby Syndrome. I think his name is Diamond and he might have been on HLN recently talking about this case. He's got an impressive CV. I'm not sure how the prosecution would argue against it.

Anyway, I'm just trying to come up with strong evidence, both hard and circumstantial.

I think the technical evidence in this case will do RH in. I feel certain that a model of the driver's/passenger's seats will be brought in, showing exactly how that car seat fit between the two and a mannequin the size of Cooper will be shown in the car seat. Maybe a demonstration of backing up also.

In my mind, there is no way RH did not see Cooper in his car seat when he backed up, when he put the vehicle in park, nor when he got out of the car in that parking lot. I think a good model of all the pieces will show that and I hope the prosecution already has someone working on it.

Salem
Said as a member, not a moderator, so please feel free to disagree.

So why did they do it?

It seems to me little Cooper was cramping daddy's style.
Cooper was becoming high maintenance. He was starting to talk more & sleep less and require and demand a whole lot of attention that Russ would rather focus on his erect penis and sharing photos of it with numerous women & an underage girl.

Russ wanted to be a guitar playing lover boy ...not a responsible father, not even a decent husband.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think RH was so much into his day and so much into himself that he did neglect Cooper that fateful day. jmo And he will be charged in GA with murder for being such a stupid man or it could go otherwise. He won't make it very long but you can't base it on pure speculation at this point. jmo

OH I forgot. Let's not make a detective, like Stoddard a hero. It's his op he stated on the stand. Seems like an upstanding officer. I can't imagine what I'd feel that day upon witnessing Cooper's death in the parking lot of a strip mall. gah

RIP Cooper, little guy.

I believe R chose that particular parking place because it halved the chance that someone parked adjacent to him might forget something, run out to his car to retrieve whatever it was and notice the baby still in his car seat. I haven't read what R's usual office hours were. 9:30 AM to maybe 5 PM (although he left early that day) with a lunch hour is a short day. I think the lunch errand/trip to the car was supposed to allow the discovery to be made with a sympathetic audience, but that didn't work out. It's possible the movie rendezvous was a second attempt to use his friends, but the condition of the victim made that plan impractical, and R decided being with strangers would be a better option.

I realize anecdotes aren't proof, every situation is different, yada, yada, but I'm throwing one out, anyway. My father was completely deaf in one ear from his early teens. He worked with dangerous machinery in a textile mill before becoming a police officer for over thirty years. I never even heard about his hearing loss until I was an older teen and it came up in a conversation with his brother about why he was unable to enlist in the military. He never mentioned a "good" and "bad" ear. Even in his nineties, he managed fine. I can't believe R couldn't hear his son in that tiny car.

Mostly OT: If you watch ID TV regularly and marry a physician, pastor or policeman, you might surmise that you stand a good chance to end up a murder victim. Those professions are normally positions of trust, and crimes involving these individuals attract public interest and are widely covered because they are unexpected. I think the same sort of the thing occurs when regular church goers, especially if they are educated and middle class, are accused of terrible crimes. Hundreds of murders occur, but only a few catch fire in the media. This crime is horrific, the victim was completely innocent and helpless, and the accused seems at first glance to be an unlikely murderer. All MOO

I think the technical evidence in this case will do RH in. I feel certain that a model of the driver's/passenger's seats will be brought in, showing exactly how that car seat fit between the two and a mannequin the size of Cooper will be shown in the car seat. Maybe a demonstration of backing up also.

In my mind, there is no way RH did not see Cooper in his car seat when he backed up, when he put the vehicle in park, nor when he got out of the car in that parking lot. I think a good model of all the pieces will show that and I hope the prosecution already has someone working on it.

Salem

Duh - I forgot about the mannequin simulation! Yes, for sure that demonstration and the tight squeeze in the SUV will be important. Also, IIRC the mannequin used by LE was even slightly smaller than Cooper.

There is a possibility that the video of RH &LH could be favorable to the defense. I keep thinking that, of whatever was said between them, in the hearing Thursday they kept going back to two statements. "Did you say too much" and "I dreaded looking at him." I think there's a possibility the defense will introduce the video into evidence. Especially if it explains the context of, "did you say too much."

I think RH was so much into his day and so much into himself that he did neglect Cooper that fateful day. jmo And he will be charged in GA with murder for being such a stupid man or it could go otherwise. He won't make it very long but you can't base it on pure speculation at this point. jmo

OH I forgot. Let's not make a detective, like Stoddard a hero. It's his op he stated on the stand. Seems like an upstanding officer. I can't imagine what I'd feel that day upon witnessing Cooper's death in the parking lot of a strip mall. gah

RIP Cooper, little guy.
You didn't quote anyone so I'm not sure who you're talking to but what part of Stoddard's testimony was his opinion, in your opinion?

I thought Stoddard did a great job on the stand. Very professional, matter-of-fact, detailed and balanced. He's more of a hero than Cooper's so-called father is.

Salem

I'm leaning towards the same feeling. I think the defense is going to be able to minimize the statements, downplay the significance of a YouTube video with over 1.5 million hits, and nullify the reddit material. But even if they can bring in evidence that RH does instead suffer from hearing and smelling loss... they just aren't going to be able to get around the fact that RH's big country butt couldn't have seen that child.

This may have been mentioned and I forgot or missed it, if so, sorry for the repeat. It was said that the reason RH switched back to the rear facing seat was that LH was going to Alabama (I think) and took the new seat with her. I believe it was 2 weeks prior to CH's death. Has it been said when they returned home? It seems that it wouldn't be "the norm" if he had just started dropping him off again within the past couple days. TIA

It's also possible that RH did look out the rear window while backing up, but had his arm across to the passenger seat so the top of the car seat wasn't visible. What was said about how he parked was also not the same as it's been stated here. It said he drove past an open spot, backed up several feet into a spot between two cars, and then pulled into the spot he parked in. I don't think it makes much difference because the spot he backed into must have been in the 5th row, which would be maybe an extra 10 steps to walk. It sounds now like they've changed that to him backing into the spot, but it's just one more thing that confuses me.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member