GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also mentioned that LH has terrible anxiety and may be on anxiety meds. Says he will be stunned if she is involved. I posted that a few minutes ago but I don't know if my post disappeared or if it didn't post to begin with. (Still getting used to the new layout).

I don't know if she's involved or not, either, but her reaction to her child's death is, IMO, off the charts in terms of normal, regardless of whether or not she's on anti-anxiety medication. My oldest daughter takes anti-anxiety medication, but she's still capable of responding with and displaying normal emotions.

Anti-anxiety meds don't suppress a normal grief response to a tragic event.

LH's own mother questioned why LH wasn't upset when she was on the phone with her shortly after LH had learned that her child was dead.

Something's off with this chick - and I don't think her flat affect can be blamed on anti-anxiety meds.

I don't know if she's involved or not, either, but her reaction to her child's death is, IMO, off the charts in terms of normal, regardless of whether or not she's on anti-anxiety medication. My oldest daughter takes anti-anxiety medication, but she's still capable of responding with and displaying normal emotions.

I agree. I think her reactions and bizarre comments are just.......incomprehensible. I can't get my head around any of it.

And although we all do grieve differently and express the different stages of grief differently, I think the term that "we all grieve in our own way" is way overused to the point of cliche, especially during armchair debates.

It's also a favorite of defense attorneys when they have no other logical explanation or reasonable defense for their client's inexplicable behavior. Usually unemotional, inappropriate, guilty, or sociopathic behaviors.

Her reactions and statements go WAY beyond that and point to something else entirely. :moo:

From my experience of taking them for many years, it may dull, but won't suppress all emotion. You still get angry, just not as much, your feeling still get hurt just not as much, you get smacked, it might not hurt as much, but you still react by smacking back.

You would have to be abusing them to have no emotional response at all. Even that is a stretch IMO!

Something's off with this chick - and I don't think her flat affect can be blamed on anti-anxiety meds.

Oh, I bet some anti anxiety meds can. Especially if used in conjunction with an anti depressant.

Oh, I bet some anti anxiety meds can. Especially if used in conjunction with an anti depressant.

Not in my experience. Been on more meds then I can count since 1995. (in one year I was on 36 different types of meds) No combo I have ever come across in that time has EVER given me a flat response to anything, ever. Dulled, yes/ heighten/yes, but never flat lined it.

JMO

Dude. DUDE. Like, EVERYONE knows you trade off for 'hamburger' 'casserole' on 'steak' days.

You talk like a man but have a kitty kat. Okay I'll play along. When are you taking a vacay to Minnesota. We have some lovely small towns.

Not in my experience. Been on more meds then I can count since 1995. (in one year I was on 36 different types of meds) No combo I have ever come across in that time has EVER given me a flat response to anything, ever. Dulled, yes/ heighten/yes, but never flat lined it.

JMO
I was going to say basically the same thing.

Do you know what else you have in Minnesota? An inordinate amount of snow and mosquitos the size of bats. You'll have to come down to OTP (Outside the Perimeter) S&G if you want to hang out. :floorlaugh:

P.S. Real men love cats!

JMO

Truth. Was on this combo of anti-anxiety plus anti-depressant meds years ago during a nasty divorce and it never made me robotic or unemotional. It made me able to get out of bed in the morning and go to work and deal with stuff I never wanted to have to deal with, but I could still show emotions, and did.

First, re: the car seat. Cooper was nearly 2 years old. Rear-facing car seats are for newborns and infants... my son outgrew his by the time he was 12 mos., maybe a little older, and my daughter outgrew hers by about 10 mos. Even if Cooper was small compared to his average peers, by 22 mos., he would definitely have been way too big for a rear facing car seat and would have been really cramped and sticking out both with his head and feet. I can't imagine how they actually managed to buckle him into it.

Secondly, the Hyundai Tucson is really small. I have a friend who has one. She actually sold a mid-sized Volvo sedan and bought the Tucson because she wanted more room. I was shocked when I first saw the inside. They look bigger on the outside, but my the interior (not counting the cargo space) has less room than my Honda Accord. Like WAY less. As in, an adult of say, 5'7" or taller, would have their knees against the back of the front seat. In fact, I'd say leg-room-wise, it's not much bigger than a Honda Civic (my former car). And it's true that the rear facing car seat would not only be huge on that car, it would intrude into the peripheral vision of the driver and front seat passenger. It would take up most of the space in the back seat. I don't recall seeing anywhere exactly how tall RH is so we could have an idea how far he would put his seat back, but even if it wasn't back too far I just don't see how he wouldn't be able to see the seat even if he wasn't looking back at it.

ETA: argh! Still catching up from posts a few pages back and apparently I am hitting the wrong 'reply' button and posting random replies with no quotes! Sorry! :(

Do you know what else you have in Minnesota? An inordinate amount of snow. P.S. Real men love cats!

Thanks for educating everyone about MN. We have dog-sled races, and hunt and fish in the winter. And you can usually find a good ladies bar in each town no matter the size. You guys are slowly dying from soot pollution in Atlanta. It's a death chamber down there breathing Diesel fumes and all of the toxic coal powered plants.

I know a lot of men and none own a kitty kat.

Thanks for educating everyone about MN. We have dog-sled races, and hunt and fish in the winter. And you can usually find a good ladies bar in each town no matter the size. You guys are slowly dying from soot pollution in Atlanta.

I know a lot of men and none own a kitty kat.

Don't think I haven't been in Minnesota, because I have. I love all those Minnesota things you have mentioned, if I can watch them on TV while getting a spa treatment. In a NORMAL kind of climate, I like fishing. I like shooting, though not hunting, and sled dogs are awesome. Call of the Wild was one of my favorite childhood books and I still maintain Buck got a very raw deal. If you like crime & sled dogs you might like the Holly Winter series by Susan Conant. Because of her, I now dig Malamutes.

And if you know a lot of men, and none own a kitty cat, you know the wrong men. You know who liked cats? Ernest Hemingway. Find me a more man's man than that.

And sorry to all for getting O/T, sometimes I just need a little break on these very intense threads.

I agree. I think her reactions and bizarre comments are just.......incomprehensible. I can't get my head around any of it.

And although we all do grieve differently and express the different stages of grief differently, I think the term that "we all grieve in our own way" is way overused to the point of cliche, especially during armchair debates.

It's also a favorite of defense attorneys when they have no other logical explanation or reasonable defense for their client's inexplicable behavior. Usually unemotional, inappropriate, guilty, or sociopathic behaviors.

Her reactions and statements go WAY beyond that and point to something else entirely. :moo:

I agree that the phrase "we all grieve in our own way" or "we all grieve differently" is overused. Most humans grieve in a similar manner to one another.

I think it's a convenient, weak excuse trotted out by defense attorneys when their clients are displaying sociopathic traits that don't match the expected emotions typically expressed by the bereaved.

Human beings are more alike than not, which is why aberrant behavior is so distinctive and easily recognized - because it falls outside the spectrum of what is known to be natural.

The judge does not have ESP. I assume he used those statements to determine there was probable cause that RH planned the murder of Cooper.

The defense would have and will have access to all of the information the prosecutors have during the discovery process. The defense was not going into this blind, though as someone who was once a legal assistant for a defense attorney, I will tell you that it is not uncommon for defendants to not tell the whole truth to their attorneys, or to embellish or omit the truth. Also, the defense has/had the opportunity to present evidence to the contrary, if they have it. Obviously the defense does not have every single bit of information that the detectives and investigators have at this stage, but neither does the district attorney.

FWIW, RH has excellent counsel. This is not some whippersnapper pro bono inexperienced fresh out of law school type. Google his atty and you'll see what I mean.

Also, FWIW... I have not an ounce of pity for RH.

FWIW I can't see any company accepting this kind of behavior (RH's). Rolling in whenever he wants and doing what he wants while there.

From my experience of taking them for many years, it may dull, but won't suppress all emotion. You still get angry, just not as much, your feeling still get hurt just not as much, you get smacked, it might not hurt as much, but you still react by smacking back.

You would have to be abusing them to have no emotional response at all. Even that is a stretch IMO!

I agree, I've been on and off them for about 15 years. When I'm on them, I react in a less panicking and erratic way, but I still react with emotion.

I agree, I've been on and off them for about 15 years. When I'm on them, I react in a less panicking and erratic way, but I still react with emotion.

Exactly. They don't make one behave like a robot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme