GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
7utere9u.jpg

Maybe not that might just be a sidewalk in the other picture. The parking lot looks closer here.
https://foursquare.com/v/home-depot-treehouse/4f4910dbe4b03377e7ce2368

Thank you , Hoosgirl, for posting that. What a sweet, sweet child who was loved by his entire supportive family.

Prayers for all of them in this great loss, and in this sad criminal investigation of his father.

Cooper deserves to have his death investigated. Every childs death is investigated. The LE can only go where the evidence leads.:twocents:

Cooper deserves to have his death investigated. Every childs death is investigated. The LE can only go where the evidence leads.:twocents:

Yes, thank you.

A child is dead. The only ethical, honorable, and just thing to do...is to investigate. The investigation only turns criminal, when criminal behavior has revealed itself.

Is it possible the car was in the shade and early morning temps were more closer to the 70's than the mid-day 90's?

That day, here were the temps...

9am-78 (temp inside car approx 100)
10am-82 (temp inside car approx 109)
11am-83
Noon-86 (temp inside car approx 115)
1pm-88
2pm-90

That day, here were the temps...

9am-78 (temp inside car approx 100)
10am-82 (temp inside car approx 109)
11am-83
Noon-86 (temp inside car approx 115)
1pm-88
2pm-90

If you look at charts with temperatures inside and outside the cars, in one hour, at just 70-75 degrees, it would be around 115 in that car. Also, the recorded temp was 91 at noon that day.

ETA: I fixed my accidental random caps. Sorry if you saw that, I wasn't trying to yell at you! :)

ybaqunup.jpg

Of course the best chart I coud could was on a dog site.

IF you look at charts with temperatures inside and outside the cars, in one hour, at just 70-75 degrees, it would be around 115 in that car. Also, the recorded temp was 91 at noon that day.

You are right, I pulled historical data for Marietta rather than ATL... in ATL at noon it was 88 (at 9am it was 79). The data for inside closed cars with no windows cracked, comes from Red Rover, which is an animal crisis site. Those numbers are just estimates.

You know, my husband and I had this conversation last night, and he pointed out that manslaughter comes with jail time. So someone accidentally killing a pedestrian or something like that, still gets convicted. So why wouldn't a true accident that ends with the death of a child come with a conviction? (That was his response when I said in cases of true accidents parents have to deal with a lifetime of guilt - he also said people have to deal with a lifetime of guilt in any accident causing a death.). Fairly convincing argument to me

Not only do the parents have to deal with a lifetime of guilt, they have to deal with the loss of that child in their lives for the rest of theirs - and all that goes along with it. No little league, no prom, no graduations, no wedding, no grandbabies, etc. Totally different than accidentally killing a stranger. Not to mention the fact that they've literally killed a part of themselves. Most people would not feel exactly the same about accidentally killing a stranger as they would about killing their own child. jmo

I just wanted to point out, that recorded temps are taken in the shade...not full sun. If the vehicle was in the sun, it would actually be hotter outside than the recorded temp.

:(

Not only do the parents have to deal with a lifetime of guilt, they have to deal with the loss of that child in their lives for the rest of theirs - and all that goes along with it. No little league, no prom, no graduations, no wedding, no grandbabies, etc. Totally different than accidentally killing a stranger. Not to mention the fact that they've literally killed a part of themselves. Most people would not feel exactly the same about accidentally killing a stranger as they would about killing their own child. jmo

Call me what you will, but I believe they should HAVE to live with it. I also don't think personal guilt should replace holding one legally responsible.

I am trying to read all of the previous posts - may have missed this, but is there any other known case of a parent intentionally killing their child by leaving them in a hot car? TIA

Oh my! Can anyone speculate, based on this info, how long he suffered? Sorry, I know it's hard to discuss, but I have just been sick thinking of his experience? Thanks.

I used to live very close to that Aker's Mill parking lot. Things have changed a lot but I do know that many parking facilities are parking garages - the only difference I see there is that if the Home Depot parking was a garage instead of open parking lot, it would possibly have taken him longer to die - just horrible, horrible......

Thanks!! wonder if he gave him food in the car seat though? Father would be able to chow down faster than his toddler -- given that dad wanted to get to work just wonder if he gave him the rest of his breakfast in the car?

The child was (I believe) fed before leaving the house. Presumably the stop at Chik Fil A was just to grab breakfast fro Dad.

Call me what you will, but I believe they should HAVE to live with it. I also don't think personal guilt should replace holding one legally responsible.

I agree 100%. While my heart goes out to any parent that loses a child, it is a parent's job to keep their children safe, to have them and their well being on their mind at all times. ESPECIALLY when driving a car. When driving with a child in the car, your #1 priority is the safety of that child. So for someone to actually FORGET the child is in the car with them is a clear indication that the #1 job you had as a parent you failed at doing.

Oh my! Can anyone speculate, based on this info, how long he suffered? Sorry, I know it's hard to discuss, but I have just been sick thinking of his experience? Thanks.

For my heart's sake, I can't allow myself to really think about it. I will say, he had been deceased for nearly the entirety of being in the vehicle. IMO.

It could have been 15 minutes, it could have been an hour. Studies show that life threatening damage to the brain and kidneys can begin in as little as 15 minutes... much of that though is based on several other factors though. I pray that it was quick... my heart hurts to think about that part of it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member