GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carrying this over :

That is not 100% true based on what I read on kidsandcars.org and the Washington post article. Some yes, the parents switched or a grandparent were watching the kids and forgot because they weren't use to having them but most cases the parent that does it everyday and was either distracted, stressed, on the phone or their normal routine was interrupted by an added stop or leaving at a different time. Most stories I read said because they are so use to dropping them they all thought they did despite the child still being in the car. They continue the day as if its any other day and have even recalled drop of scenarios that hadn't happened that day. That's why seeing a picture or a spouse asking how the child did at drop off during the day of accidents won't normally trigger an oh no feeling in them. Many have driven all the way back to the daycare to pick them up not realizing the poor babies are deceased in the back seat.

People keep saying "this happens all the time". I've said it but I want to rephrase. This happens... If there are 40 something cases of children passing in cars, not all left, its not all that common. Just tragic

*sad* Kind of jumps right off the page at you. "their normal routine was interrupted by an added stop"

presser getting ready ready to start anytime per JVM

Yes. That's what children die of when left in a hot car. Hyperthermia.

Edited to add: I see you misunderstood and wrote "hypothermia". The COD is hyperthermia. Too much heat.
Thank you! I had it tangled up in my brain, too.

Poor baby.

It was ruled "consistent with homicide", wasn't it, with COD as hyperthermia?

Well I only heard them refer to cause of death, hyperthermia, consistent with being left in a car. Never Manner of death. Only 3 choices there, homicide, suicide and accident.

That about wraps it up. They went on to say police feel it was more sinister. Ten interviewed whiteness who claims no way was he faking his grief at scene.

Everyone see's things differently, especially in a case like this. The witness's were most likely very distressed, emotionally charged also, feeling sorrow for the dad. Other witness's said he was faking it. I basically disregard these witness's Too much chaos and they have no idea of the evidence.

This is obviously different, but 2 weeks ago me and a friend were driving down a local main street, at the same time we seen a suv hit another suv, 1 suv immediatly flipped over. Less than a mile away we started debating what color was the suv that flipped over. I was confident it was black she insisted it was silver. I said the silver 1, hit the black 1. We turned around, the cops and ambulance were there already. It doesn't really matter, but I was right. Eyewitness's can totally misinterpert things.

This doesn't fly at all, or he'd have freaked out and called 911. No parent is going to see their kid dead and go back to work If it was unintentional he'd freak out, not calmly close the door and return to work

I wouldn't but stranger things have happened. People lie to the police all the time when it comes to admitting they caused harm to their child. People panic.

right. I can not grasp why he would have discovered the child dead at lunchtime, then gone back in to the office to investigate ways to cover it up? So he can use an accident to cover up an accident?

Too much unknown at this point IMO.

Without having exact details of the ''breakfast'' at the fast food restaurant, I have two questions that popup in my pea sized brain:

(a) did they go into the restaurant

(b) did they use the drive thru

From what I have read about the restaurant you can order it first online and pick it up ((techies would love that))

I am wondering if he was in the habit of letting his son eat in his car seat??

I could not let my kids do that -- I was terrified of them choking......

Would only eat in car while it was stationery.....

All that felony murder requires is the intent to commit the underlying felony. So if the underlying felony does not require malice, neither does the related felony murdre charge. Think of it this way...if you happen to kill someone while committing a felony, you're automatically guilty of "murder" if you are proven to be guilty of the felony. The law looks at it like -- well, when you decided to commit this felony, you took the chance that someone would end up dead -- and they did, so now you're automatically guilty of that crime, too, and we don't have to prove it separately.

Here's a somewhat easy to read link

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ug...the underlying felony charge against the Dad.

Doesn't fly with me either. How could someone work after seeing their child dead in the car?

We don't know if he worked and how long he was back inside for. They never have us the exact time he went to the car. Just saying ..

Without having exact details of the ''breakfast'' at the fast food restaurant, I have two questions that popup in my pea sized brain:

From what I have read about the restaurant you can order it first online and pick it up ((techies would love that))

Per the warrant he went in the place:

said
accused did place his 22 month
old male son into a rear facing car seat of his 201
1 Hyundai Tucson after eating at 2485 Cumberland Pk
wy SE.

on Jane Valez SCREAMER ............ news conference any minute.....HLN

We don't know if he worked and how long he was back inside for. They never have us the exact time he went to the car. Just saying ..

During lunch said accused did access the same vehicle through the driver's side door to place an object into the vehicle. Said accused then closed the door and left the car, re-entering his place of business.

This is from the warrant. He went back inside. Usually, lunch is around lunchtime. Especially, if you get off at 4:00.

Cobb co LE press conference starting in mins. per HNL

droid razr Maxx

Per the warrant he went in the place:

said
accused did place his 22 month
old male son into a rear facing car seat of his 201
1 Hyundai Tucson after eating at 2485 Cumberland Pk
wy SE.

Thanks!! wonder if he gave him food in the car seat though? Father would be able to chow down faster than his toddler -- given that dad wanted to get to work just wonder if he gave him the rest of his breakfast in the car?

have wondered about dashboard cams too....maybe someone in the parking lot had their dash cam operational .....

Was the child developmentally normal?
I can't imagine the child not talking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would only eat in car while it was stationery.....

The arrest warrants states JRH "did place" his child in the car seat. From that, I infer they were seen out of the vehicle at some point while at the Chick-Fil-A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321