Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the child developmentally normal?
I can't imagine the child not talking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Can you fill me in on this?? (Was this part of the growing pile of LE documentation?) [What I meant was, "Did you hear somewhere that the child didn't/couldn't talk?"]

I wouldn't think a medical examiner would have any way to determine manner of death in a case like this. Cause of death is hyperthermia - but it would take a jury to determine whether that was accidental or intentional, IMHO.

In some cases, like stabbings, shootings, strangulation, blunt force trauma, etc., a determination of homicide vs. suicide or accidental death can be made but it doesn't seem within the realm of a ME's duty in a case like this - where it's obvious the child died in a hot car in a car seat all day long - whether it was intentionally to kill him, or an oversight by the caregiver.

Anyway, I was certainly waiting with interest to see what would be determined to be "manner of death". I think virtually all of us knew what the COD would be.

Manner of death 99% percent of the time is listed as part of the final autopsy report. Evidence and input from the investigators is combined with the medical forensic evidence once the body has been processed. I think on the rare instances when you have to declare a missing person deceased an unknown or undetermined reason is listed. Manner of death makes a big difference... Accident vs Homicide. Effects the charges... Jury can only convict on what they are charged with and any lesser included

As far as everyone knowing cause of death - a lot of people thought the baby could have been killed another way and covered up by leaving him in the car.

Evidence at the scene and info from the interview led to his arrest.

He had to have known the baby was in the car when he went there at noon. The child had to be sitting in feces, urine and vomit by then. There's no way he wouldn't have noticed the smell. Think of how bad a soiled diaper smells in and of itself, inert normal ventilated situations..much less a hot enclosed car. Even on the very remote chance he truly forgot the child on the 90 second drive from breakfast, (which i don't believe for a second), his nose would have jarred his memory at lunchtime. And normal parents would be freaking out, grabbing him out of the car to resuscitate, calling for help, etc..

This is assuming the time of death was shortly after Ross went into work. Time of death wasnt disclosed yet was it?

He was almost 2 yrs old. He was wide awake, having just eaten minutes earlier. And he was expecting to be dropped off at day care to play with his friends. Didn't he say anything to his Dad when they parked and Dad started to leave the car?

maybe he put an air freshener in the car at lunchtime. That would CERTAINLY be another red flag. This whole situation is just so sad, no matter how it happened....

We don't know if he worked and how long he was back inside for. They never have us the exact time he went to the car. Just saying ..

I thought I read that it was around noon? Of course with so much misinformation in the media, I wouldn't be surprised if that was wrong too. Some people hear "lunchtime" and automatically assuming noon...

During lunch said accused did access the same vehicle through the driver's side door to place an object into the vehicle. Said accused then closed the door and left the car, re-entering his place of business.

This is from the warrant. He went back inside. Usually, lunch is around lunchtime. Especially, if you get off at 4:00.

Unless you are a weirdo like me LOL. I usually leave the office for the day between 5-6, and go to lunch at 2:30. So when people say "lunch time", I'm always confused :p The time he went to the car would definitely help.

Just wondering if the thread headline can be fixed. Cooper was 22 months, not 18 months. Not sure how to go about that. Thanks!

He was almost 2 yrs old. He was wide awake, having just eaten minutes earlier. And he was expecting to be dropped off at day care to play with his friends. Didn't he say anything to his Dad when they parked and Dad started to leave the car?

At 22 months, after just minutes earlier having been in a restaurant, my very healthy kids would have not fallen asleep before I drove to my parking spot at work. When I would have parked the car they would have giggled hollered or done something verbal .... as I was getting out of the car for sure -- doesn't make sense to me at all.:truce:

I think mine would have screamed if I started to walk away from the car actually -- everyone within a mile of earshot would have heard mine holler.

During lunch said accused did access the same vehicle through the driver's side door to place an object into the vehicle. Said accused then closed the door and left the car, re-entering his place of business.

This is from the warrant. He went back inside. Usually, lunch is around lunchtime. Especially, if you get off at 4:00.

Right but this is pure speculation. We don't know what time he typically leaves. The mom normally picked up Cooper so I'm guessing him leaving around 4 has other significance over it being his normal get off work time. My husband leaves his company any time he wants for lunch. Most times he eats at his desk. We have no idea at this time what time he went to the car or how long after he worked

Unless you are a weirdo like me LOL. I usually leave the office for the day between 5-6, and go to lunch at 2:30. So when people say "lunch time", I'm always confused :p The time he went to the car would definitely help.

I'm just saying that he surely went back in to work for at least a time. I know lunches can happy at weird times, but he took a lunch, so he must have gone back in to work.

Right but this is pure speculation. We don't know what time he typically leaves. The mom normally picked up Cooper so I'm guessing him leaving around 4 has other significance over it being his normal get off work time. My husband leaves his company any time he wants for lunch. Most times he eats at his desk. We have no idea at this time what time he went to the car or how long after he worked

Yes, I was just pointing out that he DID most likely go back to work for a time. It was being speculated that he didn't go into work.

At 22 months, after having just minutes earlier having been in a restaurant, my very healthy kids would have not fallen asleep before I drove to my parking spot at work. When I would have parked the car they would have giggled hollered or done something verbal .... as I was getting out of the car for sure -- doesn't make sense to me at all.:truce:

I think mine would have screamed if I started to walk away from the car actually -- everyone would have heard mine holler.

My son would be hysterical. Although, I know every child is different...so I'm not claiming he would be.

I don't believe a normal child would be silent in the very short drive between getting breakfast with dad to work.

I'm just saying that he surely went back in to work for at least a time. I know lunches can happy at weird times, but he took a lunch, so he must have gone back in to work.

Oh I know... I was just saying that having that time as a point of reference would be helpful. If he went to the car at 11, the odor may not have been as bad as it would have been at say, 1PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required