GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On his work computer, though? I don't know too much about this, but I would think it would be more difficult to remove the hard drive in an office environment. I know that Adam Lanza removed his hard drive, and LE still has no idea what was on his computer. I think working for IT, he would be more likely to know that he cannot just delete his history and expect LE not to find it.
maybe he did a "incognito" search. that some think leaves no search history.

droid razr Maxx

Something else that has been mentioned, but not discussed -

I read on here that LE said he needed to call his wife and let her know what was going on. Is this the process in Atlanta? Would this be done by phone call? Wouldn't LE have gone to the house, told her, and driven her to the police station, or hospital? If she had no knowledge, the shock of the call about her baby could be dangerous to her, and, if she drove herself somewhere, to everyone on the road. Plus, wouldn't they want to try and gauge her reaction?

I'm not saying I think she knew. I'm just wondering about that phone call. I know if I got a phone call like that, I'd pass out cold.

I find it cruel, and that's being kind. I believe he used that call for his own reason's. Not to further hurt his wife but for his benefit.

In 1997, I got a call at night, they lived 200 miles away up north

Irisha?(not my real name but close)

Me: Yeah

BIL: Linda died... Linda is/was my sister.

I hung up, automatically ,without a thought, I couldn't comprehend what he said. I heard it, rejected it. It was the truth, he called right back. But I can't believe this "daddy" called Leann from the parking lot and told her. I see it as trying to hurt her, or playing on her sympathy.Sicko:jail:

If dad purposely locked his baby in a hot car to bake to death, went out at lunch to see if he was dead yet and he wasn't...quite gone...so dad shut the door and walked away to let him die....if this is how things went down, I can't imagine a more cold-blooded thing to do.

If dad purposely locked his baby in a hot car to bake to death, went out at lunch to see if he was dead yet and he wasn't...quite gone...so dad shut the door and walked away to let him die....if this is how things went down, I can't imagine a more cold-blooded thing to do.

That takes a special amount of sadism and psychopathy to do so.

They just said on NG that they got the surveillance tape from the CFA too.

Nah. Any search in the last say 6 months, All means the same thing. It is probably about him getting nerve up. It is too much of a coincidence.

If I'm sitting on a jury, I would put more weight on the search if it had been done the day his son died of vehicular heatstroke, than had he done it 6 months earlier which could have been dismissed as simply "seeing something on Facebook and being curious". Just my opinion.

I find it cruel, and that's being kind. I believe he used that call for his own reason's. Not to further hurt his wife but for his benefit.

In 1997, I got a call at night, they lived 200 miles away up north

Irisha?(not my real name but close)

Me: Yeah

BIL: Linda died... Linda is/was my sister.

I hung up, automatically ,without a thought, I couldn't comprehend what he said. I heard it, rejected it. It was the truth, he called right back. But I can't believe this "daddy" called Leann from the parking lot and told her. I see it as trying to hurt her, or playing on her sympathy.Sicko:jail:

They pronounced him dead at the scene and would be taking him away for autopsy. This is one thing in the case I don't find off but I've been in the situation. *Not with a child +

He could have discovered him dead at lunchtime or after work....Any time when he had a reason to go back to that car. I still don't get why he needed to make that incriminating search. It also doesn't make sense that he seriously thought searching for animal would throw LE off.

He wouldn't have looked it up after the fact if the boy was dead. IMO it clearly shows he went discover Cooper at lunch and when he opened the door he wasn't dead yet. Maybe gagging and siezing but still alive. So he pretends he doesn't see him and places the object in the car, (which was his excuse for coming to the car in the first place.) Goes back to work googles it and plans for a different discovery plan.

He's not anticipating the police searching his computer because everybody feels sorry for parents who forget their kids.

answered my own question. watching someone I rarely do (NG) on HLN and they are saying these searches about animals dying in hot cars are factual and were made on the work (Home Depo) computer.

Something else that has been mentioned, but not discussed -

I read on here that LE said he needed to call his wife and let her know what was going on. Is this the process in Atlanta? Would this be done by phone call? Wouldn't LE have gone to the house, told her, and driven her to the police station, or hospital? If she had no knowledge, the shock of the call about her baby could be dangerous to her, and, if she drove herself somewhere, to everyone on the road. Plus, wouldn't they want to try and gauge her reaction?

I'm not saying I think she knew. I'm just wondering about that phone call. I know if I got a phone call like that, I'd pass out cold.

I really was wondering about that. Seems extremely heartless to me if it's true that LE forced him to call his wife and tell her over the phone that their child is dead.

One time on COPS a guy was arrested for soliciting prostitution and he was made to call his wife and tell her what happened - and at the time I wondered seriously if that was legal.

I wonder if this will come up later - that a cop forced his wife to hear about this horrible tragedy this way.

If he thought that, he's not a very good IT guy :floorlaugh:

My husband (who works with computers and such) said that an IT job at Home Depot would probably be pretty low key, if not entry level. (Unless he was a higher up supervisor.) It doesn't take "expertise." They mostly do troubleshooting, for which they are specifically trained for. It does not mean he had a general and vast knowledge of computer technology. IT does not mean they are even really familiar with computers outside of the specific tasks they do for their job. If that makes sense.

ETA: He also said those jobs aren't high salary fetching jobs, if he does what he thinks he probably does. Makes me think of financials and wanting that house again. (Of course, that's only if he has a lower end job. Obviously, I have no idea.)

I can't get here in my mind.... I can understand how they are getting a felony murder charge from what happened but I honestly think an accident turned even worse and heartless by trying to lie and cover it up. I need more confirmation.

ATLANTA, GA. –Sources told an Atlanta news reporter the father whose son was found dead in a hot car used his work computer to search how long it would take an animal to die in a hot car.

Reporter Randy Travis said the information came from a Cobb County law enforcement source.

http://wreg.com/2014/06/25/source-d...-die-in-hot-car-before-child-left-in-hot-car/

dangit, I do hate me some unidentified sources! But also, dangit, I think it may be true.

If I'm sitting on a jury, I would put more weight on the search if it had been done the day his son died of vehicular heatstroke, than had he done it 6 months earlier which could have been dismissed as simply "seeing something on Facebook and being curious". Just my opinion.

6 months ago was Christmas. So why would one search in winter? That would raise a huge flag for me.

Yes, I was just pointing out that he DID most likely go back to work for a time. It was being speculated that he didn't go into work.
RSBM

If he did not go into work, or was absent from there for unexplained reasons , I'd be very interested in where he was, exactly-- if I were law enforcement, that is .......
:twocents:
:moo:

He wouldn't have looked it up after the fact if the was dead. IMO it clearly shows he went discover Cooper at lunch and when he opened the door he wasn't dead yet. Maybe gagging and siezing but still alive. So he pretends he doesn't see him and places the object in the car, (which was his excuse for coming to the car in the first place. Goes back to work googles it and plans for a different discovery plan.

But I think he could have figured that Cooper would be dead by 4, so why not just wait until work is over, and then discover him? Why would he need to look it up to confirm he would be dead? It seems logical that he would be. Also, would he really still be alive after 3 hours or so? Perhaps he didn't discover him at lunch b/c no one was around.

I am trying to catch up with the first thread but one thing puzzles me the most.

Do we know if Cooper's daycare was, in fact, onsite? People are stating it in news story comments as fact but I have not yet seen that info confirmed. Really want to know this as if dad usually took him, it WAS his routine and he would have had ZERO reason to get back in the car at the end of the day to go home. His ROUTINE would have been to go to the daycare for his son is he really somehow forgot that part of his routine that morning.

I absolutely have sympathy for someone who has a messed up routine and forgets the kid in the car. I think it's neglectful and all that and probably punishable, but... I get how it could happen. I have five kids, I've never forgotten one, but I get it. If that baby's daycare was onsite, a stop for breakfast should not have thrown him enough to not follow the rest of the routine once he got to work. That's just a ridiculous argument. The all-new Chik-fil-A defense???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971