GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did someone here mention that dad's excuse for the computer search would be revealed on the 6 o'clock news? If so, what is it? TIA

I saw a tweet to that affect, but apparently the explanation wasn't actually reported on the news.

I really was wondering about that. Seems extremely heartless to me if it's true that LE forced him to call his wife and tell her over the phone that their child is dead.

One time on COPS a guy was arrested for soliciting prostitution and he was made to call his wife and tell her what happened - and at the time I wondered seriously if that was legal.

I wonder if this will come up later - that a cop forced his wife to hear about this horrible tragedy this way.

would you rather hear it from cops who knock at your door - over the phone - from your spouse?

MOO any way from anyone hearing the news your child has expired in a hot car after 7 hours is going to not be a good way.

would you rather hear it from cops who knock at your door - over the phone - from your spouse?

MOO any way from anyone hearing the news your child has expired in a hot car after 7 hours is going to not be a good way.

Is there any good way? I think they made him do that because they suspected something right away. If not I think they would have sent a patrol car.

I really was wondering about that. Seems extremely heartless to me if it's true that LE forced him to call his wife and tell her over the phone that their child is dead.

One time on COPS a guy was arrested for soliciting prostitution and he was made to call his wife and tell her what happened - and at the time I wondered seriously if that was legal.

I wonder if this will come up later - that a cop forced his wife to hear about this horrible tragedy this way.

I doubt anyone forced him to call his wife. Suggested he call her and tell her? Maybe. But I can't see how anyone would force him to make that call. I haven't seen anything other than "he needed to call his wife", which is true... he did need to call her.

He wouldn't have looked it up after the fact if the was dead. IMO it clearly shows he went discover Cooper at lunch and when he opened the door he wasn't dead yet. Maybe gagging and siezing but still alive. So he pretends he doesn't see him and places the object in the car, (which was his excuse for coming to the car in the first place.) Goes back to work googles it and plans for a different discovery plan.

He's not anticipating the police searching his computer because everybody feels sorry for parents who forget their kids.

Most experts interviewed would disagree with you because of the timeline. A child can die as a result of hyperthermia in as little as 20-30 mins. Most said based on his age, weight and the temp outside he was probably gone within the first hour. It is a terrible death but not always a long drawn out death. Depends on child

He was almost 2 yrs old. He was wide awake, having just eaten minutes earlier. And he was expecting to be dropped off at day care to play with his friends. Didn't he say anything to his Dad when they parked and Dad started to leave the car?

A 22 month old child wouldn't be able to say "you just passed my day care" or "why are you parking here instead of daycare".

He would likely have sat there quietly waiting for Dad to get out and close his door, and then come around to Cooper's door and get him out. Cooper was facing backwards, remember, and couldn't watch what was going on in the front seat of the car and would be unaware the dad was walking away.

It was probably some time - maybe minutes - before he started to get hot and cry.

I am trying to catch up with the first thread but one thing puzzles me the most.

Do we know if Cooper's daycare was, in fact, onsite? People are stating it in news story comments as fact but I have not yet seen that info confirmed. Really want to know this as if dad usually took him, it WAS his routine and he would have had ZERO reason to get back in the car at the end of the day to go home. His ROUTINE would have been to go to the daycare for his son is he really somehow forgot that part of his routine that morning.

I absolutely have sympathy for someone who has a messed up routine and forgets the kid in the car. I think it's neglectful and all that and probably punishable, but... I get how it could happen. I have five kids, I've never forgotten one, but I get it. If that baby's daycare was onsite, a stop for breakfast should not have thrown him enough to not follow the rest of the routine once he got to work. That's just a ridiculous argument. The all-new Chik-fil-A defense???

I linked it last thread but let me try to find it again.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/man-charged-murder-after-son-dies-back-hot-car/ngPKz/

http://www.walb.com/story/25860389/atlanta-source-father-knew-child-was-left-in-hot-car

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/justice/georgia-toddler-death/

It would be hard in any way you were told. But, was mom home alone - at work - driving her car...... I'm thinking of HER. She would have needed support, assistance, something!

I am of two minds on this one.

IF it was an accident wouldn't the husband want to reach out to his wife? If LE had called, immediately the wife would want to talk to the husband (I would)...Isn't like the husband wasn't able to talk.

I would want to hear it from ''the horse's mouth" not 2nd hand....

Interesting tidbit. I just looked up his job on Home Depot's careers page. (Got his exact title from linkedin) and his position does not even require a high school diploma. I wonder why a guy with a degree was working that job for so long?

Maybe he went out there at lunch and thought he was not dead yet, and wondered when he would be. Panic could have set in, if he thought he was alive. I can hardly type that, because what kind of monster would do such a thing? UGH.

Another thing...being in IT he might have thought he could effectively erase his search.

Then he wasn't a very good IT employee.I'm not cutting IT workers any slack.Well the innocent 1's I am, no offense. When you are IT you are still human. Don't you have have iphone's with puter memories to remind you of everything? He couldn't log it to remind him everday at the precise time to make sure his son was at daycare? Like 9:00 son due at daycare, check if he was drop off?:tantrum::jail:

If he ate lunch that day, what time? if he ate at 9am what did he eat lunch if he did? Did he have a diaper bag packed?

Manner of death 99% percent of the time is listed as part of the final autopsy report. Evidence and input from the investigators is combined with the medical forensic evidence once the body has been processed. I think on the rare instances when you have to declare a missing person deceased an unknown or undetermined reason is listed. Manner of death makes a big difference... Accident vs Homicide. Effects the charges... Jury can only convict on what they are charged with and any lesser included

As far as everyone knowing cause of death - a lot of people thought the baby could have been killed another way and covered up by leaving him in the car.

Yes, that's why I said "virtually all" knew the cause of death would by hyperthermia. Very few of the thousands of Americans following this story had any inclination to believe he was murdered and placed in the car dead. I don't think the mainstream media is at all focused, either, on whether he was murdered and placed in the car in the morning. Rather, the discussion centers around when the father knew Cooper had passed away, or more horrifically, if he put him in the car intending to kill him by hyperthermia.

Which now, thankfully, it sounds like LE doesn't believe either.

I am of two minds on this one.

IF it was an accident wouldn't the husband want to reach out to his wife? If LE had called, immediately the wife would want to talk to the husband (I would)...Isn't like the husband wasn't able to talk.

I would want to hear it from ''the horse's mouth" not 2nd hand....

I would think in this case, he should be able to choose whether to call or tell her in person. And also, I would think it would be in the interest of Law Enforcement not to have a grief stricken mother driving alone on the way to the hospital or morgue or wherever.

It just seems highly unusual - and heartless - to require a father to call his wife and tell her on the phone at the scene of the accident that their child is dead.

If in fact, this is being reported accurately and that's what happened.

I am trying to catch up with the first thread but one thing puzzles me the most.

Do we know if Cooper's daycare was, in fact, onsite? People are stating it in news story comments as fact but I have not yet seen that info confirmed. Really want to know this as if dad usually took him, it WAS his routine and he would have had ZERO reason to get back in the car at the end of the day to go home. His ROUTINE would have been to go to the daycare for his son is he really somehow forgot that part of his routine that morning.

I absolutely have sympathy for someone who has a messed up routine and forgets the kid in the car. I think it's neglectful and all that and probably punishable, but... I get how it could happen. I have five kids, I've never forgotten one, but I get it. If that baby's daycare was onsite, a stop for breakfast should not have thrown him enough to not follow the rest of the routine once he got to work. That's just a ridiculous argument. The all-new Chik-fil-A defense???

yep total inconsistency --

I have no link but I could have sworn someone said he called his wife...not that the cops told him to.....IMO.

I also would like to know what he said to the officers that had them telling him to 'watch his mouth.' His child died and I would think they would give him some great leeway so this tells me he sure must have said something terrible.

Have we heard anything about video of him first arriving to work parking/ exiting car

droid razr Maxx

I would think in this case, he should be able to choose whether to call or tell her in person. And also, I would think it would be in the interest of Law Enforcement not to have a grief stricken mother driving alone on the way to the hospital or morgue or wherever.

It just seems highly unusual - and heartless - to require a father to call his wife and tell her on the phone at the scene of the accident that their child is dead.

If in fact, this is being reported accurately and that's what happened.[/

QUOTE]

exactly: we don't know for sure......he may have asked to call his wife...or was actually dialing his wife at some point ((remember EMT was working on his son))

I have no link but I could have sworn someone said he called his wife...not that the cops told him to.....IMO.

I also would like to know what he said to the officers that had them telling him to 'watch his mouth.' His child died and I would think they would give him some great leeway so this tells me he sure must have said something terrible.

that's a puzzlement:

""I killed my son""" (earlier comments )) was he repeating that or

""they think I killed my son"""

we just don't know what he was saying at that point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors