GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which direct quote are you hoping for? I bookmarked a few things yesterday.

There was mention of the police information officer during the presser that said that responding officers smelled an unmistakable and overwhelming odor on approaching the vehicle.

I was hoping to see the entire presser as I missed it. I like to read the body language, hear the exact wording, see the expressions of LE when they are at these things.

Why can't we know what he placed in the car? I want to know what he placed in the d@mn car at "lunch".

BBM. I am still seeing conflicting information on that. I read articles today stating that it was at his physical location and a read an article saying satellite.

Geez I feel like this has been beaten to death and confirmed on the news hair yesterday by Randy Travis when discussing the drive from Chicfila and by passing the daycare

I agree. If they want to charge him for this neglect then so be it -- but that's not what they're doing. LE has stated that there is something more "sinister" here and that it "shocks the conscience".

We may see a premeditated murder charge before it's over.

Saying he was "barred" makes it sound like his family didn't want him there. His request for a leave to go was turned down is more my understanding.

Exactly my question. Is it barred - by default, as the State won't allow furlough for the service? Or is it barred in the literal sense - not allowed to attend the service per his family?

Given that the 11000-signature petition was removed, I wonder what the impetus for that was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OT for a second...I have not kept up with the missing boy out of Michigan but his father was on Nancy Grace last night and she told him she had just gotten word his missing son was found in his basement alive....HLN is reporting the dad will be back on Nancy Grace again tonight....the step-mother (according to HLN) has just been arrested on a weapons violation.....interesting to say the least.

Geez I feel like this has been beaten to death and confirmed on the news hair yesterday by Randy Travis when discussing the drive from Chicfila and by passing the daycare

I don't think everyone got the memo. I am still seeing it both ways.

I think that's pretty universal. I hear a lot of people say that it's healthier.
The only thing that would stick out to me with breakfast, is if they both ate at home first, they didn't really anything and it was to appear as a loving father out with his boy, or this is not something they ever do and he has really no explanation for why that day.

I think it is such a small piece of the pie that it doesn't matter honestly. The fact he neglected to tell police they went in the morning wasn't an issue for me either but that's me. It doesn't change the way or reason he died. Just the time he was left in the car.

I think we've all seen cases where the intent was to murder the child. Sometimes it's through a brutal beating that no one even attempts to cover up, (except after the fact when they claim the child fell off the couch), or whether it's planned in advance as in poisoning deaths.

I don't usually see members of the family surprised. Usually pretty quickly - VERY quickly - the family abandons the person who killed the child. And it's obvious, and everyone knows it.

That's the thing here.

I can't think of a single case where a parent killed a child on purpose, and the family as a whole stood by the person in disbelief. (There must be some. I can't think of any).

Evan Dudley, 21 months old, was beaten to death by Justin K. Corbett while Evan's mother was on deployment and the legally arraigned caregiver was on vacation. Justin claimed the child fell down a few carpeted stairs, but of course the injuries Evan Dudley suffered were so severe there's no way Justin's story is true. Not only has Justin Corbett's family fully supported him, his wife even broke the conditions of his bail, no contact with minors including his own young children, and brought his three children to see him. He was rearrested due to this violation. It's very clear through the physical evidence he beat little toddler Evan Dudley to death, but his wife and family support him completely. Even willing to break the law for him.

I actually saw that episode last night as this case was also being covered. That was bizarro.

Sorry - back on topic.

Why can't we know what he placed in the car? I want to know what he placed in the d@mn car at "lunch".

Right? We can know he placed "something" there, but we can't know what. Just like we can know he did the hot car search but can't know when. We can know he went out at "lunch", but we can't know the time -- even though everything else has a detailed timeline. We can know that a police officer's conscious is shocked, but we can't know exaclty why.

Very strange....still waiting.

Exactly my question. Is it barred - by default, as the State won't allow furlough for the service? Or is it barred in the literal sense - not allowed to attend the service per his family?

Given that the 11000-signature petition was removed, I wonder what the impetus for that was?

The boys obits leads me to believe Ross would have been welcomed at the funeral. He was first listed survivor and had other complimentary comments made on his behalf regarding parenting and relationship with Cooper. That's why the word barred bothered me. It implies it was just a legal issue when I believe it was just a denied request for an exception to leave jail for the burial of his son.

Right? We can know he placed "something" there, but we can't know what. Just like we can know he did the hot car search but can't know when. We can know he went out at "lunch", but we can't know the time -- even though everything else has a detailed timeline. We can know that a police officer's conscious is shocked, but we can't know exaclty why.

That was fun to read and very articulate! Thanks!

Personally I think the police shock statement is he went to the car and claims he didnt know the boy was still in there and the search on the computer. I don't think there is anymore major pieces of evidence that they are sitting on. Could be more to come I just don't think they have found it if more shocking incriminating evidence is to be found

My biggest pet peeve, a parent who goes to sleep with toddlers on the loose and, no, I have never done that.

Anyone who falls asleep with a toddler wandering alone is a horrible parent! If something happens leading to the death of the toddler while the parent sleeps they should be charged to the full extend of the law. They should also remove a toddler from any home where a parent leaves a toddler alone while they sleep. Unless, the toddler is secured safely in a crib, they can't climb out of, with no choking or strangulation hazards.

I apologize in advance for saying this, but... he may have assumed the boy would die very quickly. News stories talk about the kids and pets who were left by the people responsible for them after just a half hour or an hour. PROBABLY those are cases where the people were not truthful about how long they were gone.

He may have gone to the car at lunch ASSUMING that he would find the baby dead and report it then. If, instead, he heard choking, vomiting, labored breathing, or movement, he might have gone back in and researched the amount of time it would/should take. It would have been too late to save the child (even if he wanted to) but if the boy was not yet dead, he might have wanted to reassure himself that he WOULD be dead by the end of the work day.
OoooHHhhh, good theory!

The boys obits leads me to believe Ross would have been welcomed at the funeral. He was first listed survivor and had other complimentary comments made on his behalf regarding parenting and relationship with Cooper. That's why the word barred bothered me. It implies it was just a legal issue when I believe it was just a denied request for an exception to leave jail for the burial of his son.

It wasn't even denied. The story made it clear that no inmates are allowed furlough and there are no exceptions...

Me too!
All I could think of was cell.phone and he left thhe area with someone.
Cellphones pings would say he didn't leave the office...
Who knows!

There is a difference between "can't know" and keeping evidence within the investigation. I think there is frustration the police aren't releasing more, but we have to remember they said they would not be revealing information right now or trying this publicly.

It became really silent after a few links, and I wonder if they were really unhappy about that. The written statement given to the news right after the leaks, makes me wonder if the leaks weren't part of the plan.

Yeah.
I couldn't wait for my own to talk, I encouraged it, talked to him all the time...I was rewarded, in abundance. My kid talked very very early...by the age of 22 months...I swear my ears would bleed. He Talked non stop, all the time, and especially in the car.

In my experience, most kids that age, even when you have no idea what they're saying half the time...have lots to say! Especially considering the child had just eaten, he was wide awake and raring to go...

All IMO

When my daughter was little and we were driving with her in the car, she'd yell "STOP!!!!" loudly and emphatically. So we'd skid to a stop, slam on the brakes and wonder what the emergency we didn't see was. Her answer, "I was reading the Stop sign"!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24