GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right? We can know he placed "something" there, but we can't know what. Just like we can know he did the hot car search but can't know when. We can know he went out at "lunch", but we can't know the time -- even though everything else has a detailed timeline. We can know that a police officer's conscious is shocked, but we can't know exaclty why.

Very strange....still waiting.

I agree unusual for sure

I have to wonder if we would know about an officer, father and grandfather's shocked conscience and that there was evidence of father visiting the vehicle on lunch and some other stuff, would they have ever been known [ETA at this point] by us had not there been such an instant outraged response to charges from the public?

I want to know the details too

It wasn't even denied. The story made it clear that no inmates are allowed furlough and there are no exceptions...

One more reason not to like the word barred. I can see them saying is is forbidden to leave but the way its written is as if the family barred him. "He is barred from the funeral" sounds different than " Due to the law he will not be aloud to attend the funeral". That's my only point

The boys obits leads me to believe Ross would have been welcomed at the funeral. He was first listed survivor and had other complimentary comments made on his behalf regarding parenting and relationship with Cooper. That's why the word barred bothered me. It implies it was just a legal issue when I believe it was just a denied request for an exception to leave jail for the burial of his son.

6pm local news today said that basically not only did the family want him there but they are also upset with police because they wanted pics from the home laptop of Cooper and LE said no.

Snipped by me.

I think we all know people who, if we heard something happened to their child or wife we'd say "I"m certain he had nothing to do with it. I'm certain of that" and other people we'd say "well, I guess in retrospect I'm not all that completely surprised".

BBM: I respectfully disagree. There is NO WAY we can ever be CERTAIN of what another person would do. I don't care who the person is or how long or well we might think we know them. JMO.

Yes, there are people who you can count on - and take that to the BANK - that they won't plot to kill their own children. There are people you know won't do that, and they won't. And that's different from saying wow he lived right on my street and I never knew what a creep he really was.

BBM. Again, I respectfully disagree. There is NO WAY we can take anything to the bank. There is no way, we can't say that someone won't do this or that. Again, I don't care WHO the person is or how long we've known them...there is simply NO WAY to know what's going on in another person's mind and what they're capable of. JMO.

IMO, we can never really know another person as well as we might like to think we do. So, I think it's impossible to say what another will or won't do.

Personally I think the police shock statement is he went to the car and claims he didnt know the boy was still in there and the search on the computer. I don't think there is anymore major pieces of evidence that they are sitting on. Could be more to come I just don't think they have found it if more shocking incriminating evidence is to be found

I think you're right.

I think the family is smart to let this play out and not comment. But I can't imagine the confusion. Imagine LE calling you and stating that there is something more sinister involved. They are probably as confused as the rest of us.

I don't think everyone got the memo. I am still seeing it both ways.

Yikes.... Oh well to me, and many will disagree with this, its not really important. We other he forgot when he pulled in to the lot or drove by it regardless he claims he forgot the child was still with him. In both scenarios only minutes passed between strapping him in the seat and driving to the destination. That is assuming he didnt text, check Facebook or make any calls before pulling out of Chicfila.

I agree unusual for sure

I have to wonder if we would know about an officer, father and grandfather's shocked conscience and that there was evidence of father visiting the vehicle on lunch and some other stuff, would they have ever been known by us had not there been such an instant outraged response to charges from the public?

I want to know the details too

I think a big reason why some information leaked out was due to all the support he was getting. The online fund has barely increased since the new info came out, and the petition was closed.

On another forum I frequent it was questioned what the marriage was like and if separation/divorce was imminent may have played a part in the dad's actions/in actions.

That was also brought up here yesterday as well.

I think a big reason why some information leaked out was due to all the support he was getting. The online fund has barely increased since the new info came out, and the petition was closed.

yes almost in response to the fact it was being tried in the press by supporters. They may have decided to share some general things that would perhaps quell the public outcry without harming their case. As that was not enough and just caused more questions, they released a bit more info about why they were charging.

yes almost in response to the fact it was being tried in the press by supporters. They may have decided to share some general things that would perhaps quell the public outcry without harming their case. As that was not enough and just caused more questions, they released a bit more info about why they were charging.

and more or less simultaneously downgraded the charges...that's very interesting, too, imo.

Praying for the friends and family of Ross and Cooper Harris - I cannot imagine the devastation standing in their shoes right now. Supportive or not. Everyone can recognize how this is affecting the loved ones of Cooper and his father. They've lost someone. The other is taken from them just as effectively by these charges against Ross.

6pm local news today said that basically not only did the family want him there but they are also upset with police because they wanted pics from the home laptop of Cooper and LE said no.

Wow! I can't believe they wouldn't even agree to send the files via email or something just out of respect. That seems so cold but I guess its evidence and not personal in their mind.

Whoa. They can find someone to make them a copy can't they? Glad I upload and store my pictures elsewhere. That way I can acces them from anywhere. IT guy wouldn't do this as well? Flickr, Cloud something?
I am not computer savvy.
I don't know how it should be done.
moo

This is a very unpopular concept with most outside of the legal field, but no one should ever speak to LE or consent to anything without first invoking the right to an attorney. It's not about guilt or innocence, it's about not allowing this sort of shenanigans to begin in the first place. Please aid LE under the advisement and presence of an attorney.
I strongly disagree and my brother is a lawyer! If I'm innocent, I have nothing to hide, I don't need a lawyer!!!

Defense attorney: Dad's story about toddler doesn't add up

A metro Atlanta defense attorney said it is likely that key evidence in the death of a 22-month-old toddler left in his father's car for hours will come out at a hearing next week.
"There is no question based on my experience, by the end of the afternoon when he opened that car door, there is going to be testimony that the temperature of that car and the odor of death would have hit him flush in the face right then," said Giudice.
http://www.cbs46.com/story/25882323/defense-attorney

:truce:
I strongly disagree and my brother is a lawyer! If I'm innocent, I have nothing to hide, I don't need a lawyer!!!

I understand. Everyone must follow their own conscience and sense of right or wrong. Let's hope none of us have to make that decision.

The high temperature that day reached 92 degrees. According to the Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the internal temperature for cars parked in direct sunlight on days that warm can range from 131 degrees to 172 degrees.

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/inconsistencies-mar-fathers-account/ngSkr/

Wasn't the hyperthermia COD announced. At this point, I don't think there's any doubt that the car was extremely hot and definitely hot enough to kill him. I guess there just waiting for the tox to see if he was drugged for some reason - to be still and quiet maybe?

That just made me think of something. If I leave my kids in the car and lock the door out of habit while I run in to the store or something (everyone relax, my kids are way old enough for that lol) if they move, the car alarm goes off. It just happened to me on Tuesday, as a matter of fact. And now I'm remembering also the story someone posted about the dad who turned his car alarm off three times after the child he accidentally left in the car set it off. Only to come out to find his child dead in the car seat...gah! Wonder if the car alarm went off and, if it did, whether anyone heard it. Maybe it wouldn't have since he was strapped in the middle.

sorry for the stream of consciousness post

Wasn't the hyperthermia COD announced. At this point, I don't think there's any doubt that the car was extremely hot and definitely hot enough to kill him. I guess there just waiting for the tox to see if he was drugged for some reason - to be still and quiet maybe?

That just made me think of something. If I leave my kids in the car and lock the door out of habit while I run in to the store or something (everyone relax, my kids are way old enough for that lol) if they move, the car alarm goes off. It just happened to me on Tuesday, as a matter of fact. And now I'm remembering also the story someone posted about the dad who turned his car alarm off three times after the child he accidentally left in the car set it off. Only to come out to find his child dead in the car seat...gah! Wonder if the car alarm went off and, if it did, whether anyone heard it. Maybe it wouldn't have since he was strapped in the middle.

sorry for the stream of consciousness post

I know... I just had not seen it reported before that the estimated temp was that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee