GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Simple answer.....yes. Given the time & temp & humidity, flexibility would have PROBABLY ended after 3 hours postmortem.

The lactic acid build up in his muscles would have been elevated IF he struggled/fought before death.

Also another "clue" as to death timing, rigidity of the eyelids happens first.

Thank you Joypath!!!!!!!!!!

You never know. If it is a small complex and he is around a lot doing things he knows the neighbors. Not all landlords are hands off.

The point is you don't know. We don't know if he lived in the complex, and if so, where, what his routine is etc [modsnip] - the landlord's relationship with the Harris', the suspect's IT skills and knowledge etc

Edited to say: sorry Salem! Saw your post after I hit send. Everyone can move along and ignore this post :)

[quote name="blue22" post=10671191]Dr's records? To determine if the boy is healthy, you think? I have not thought about Dr's record.[/quote]

for the father and/or son

(MOO) maybe dad may have been having some sports injuries and/or sleep/mood issues? that could provide insight into his actions (especially with memory loss - thinking Ambien etc) not uncommon these days

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm293330.htm
FDA Expands Advice on Statin Risks
FDA is advising consumers and health care professionals that:
"Cognitive (brain-related) impairment, such as memory loss, forgetfulness and confusion, has been reported by some statin users."

ETA: I tried quoting with TapaTalk but it didn't quote. Adding quote.

I was just curious. I can see how it can happen even to the most responsible people. I think everyone expirences auto pilot moments and other variables can interfer with the flow etc. I also agree some people are more preoccupied then they need to be. Trouble is they don't think they are and that's where the danger comes in. I for example have severe ADHD that I have always needed medication. I have to be super careful to take my time in order to stay on task and keep myself and family safe. My brain moves on to the next thing on my list as I'm still doing something even if the task is not completed. Sometimes just thinking triggers 4 others thoughts and I may or may not return to the initial topic. Small example - getting out of the shower yet leaving the water running all day long because in my head its done. I've showered and my brain is on to the next thing I need to do with no thought of shutting off the water. True story! Its constant chaos in my head unmedicated and 50% better medicated. But I know this about myself so I make sure to take my medication and have developed strategies and coping skills to avoid major issues brought on by my bunk brain. I'm OCD basically when it comes to my children and their safety. This means I have to follow very specific routines to insure I'm not careless or loose focus. If I'm in a situation that calls for spontaneity I really have to go slow and take my time. I bring this up because I equate it to what it must feel be like for someone who takes on to much, is preoccupied, busy, distracted, comfortable and caught up in the hussle and bustle of daily life assuming nothing bad will come of rushing and living this way. Its easy to think once you are in the car doing the same thing you do every morning going through the motions subconciously but most people don't account for the danger of mixing things up and how that affects their mental " cruise control". This is where mistakes happen and I can understand how fast and easily it can happen. It is an excuse but i can see it. That being said I have a hard time deciding where and when an accident becomes criminal. Its not always black and white for me.

/thank you for sharing that! I have heard tell of the challenges and am truly sorry that so many daily tasks left undone/mishandled can be misinterpreted by people like ME!

Dear friend struggles with it and I just scratch my head. At my advanced age, I am reminded daily of how much I don't know.

That's why I was asking: could a person ''forget'' (due to ADHD especially if they are non compliant with meds) a child in 4 minutes? respectively cuz I just don't know

You have answered it though: training and effort with regards to safety. You are aware of the challenges and make certain you are on task.

l

I know nothing ((up front folks nothing nada nix)) but do you think a person with ADHD could forget kid in 4 minutes

I think it would happen mostly to people without ADHD. People with ADHD have things cross their minds all the time - like a thought storm. If they forget in 4 minutes, it crosses their mind in another 15 minutes so no harm done- the child would be rescued safe and sound.

In my experience, this happens to people who have really great focus. They can switch focus and then the thought of daycare never crosses their mind for hours.

If you want to listen to the WSB radio segment with Erik Erickson with panel of reporters and legal expert you can also download the WSB radio app to listen. Started at 11 pm est

Always My Opinion Only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you hear the reporter who owns the same vehicle? What did you think of her description of the rear-facing car seat? That was interesting to me as I pictured a larger SUV but she states it is actually small and she can frequently reach back and touch her child when he/she is in middle of seat facing the rear.

I was just curious. I can see how it can happen even to the most responsible people. I think everyone expirences auto pilot moments and other variables can interfer with the flow etc. I also agree some people are more preoccupied then they need to be. Trouble is they don't think they are and that's where the danger comes in. I for example have severe ADHD that I have always needed medication. I have to be super careful to take my time in order to stay on task and keep myself and family safe. My brain moves on to the next thing on my list as I'm still doing something even if the task is not completed. Sometimes just thinking triggers 4 others thoughts and I may or may not return to the initial topic. Small example - getting out of the shower yet leaving the water running all day long because in my head its done. I've showered and my brain is on to the next thing I need to do with no thought of shutting off the water. True story! Its constant chaos in my head unmedicated and 50% better medicated. But I know this about myself so I make sure to take my medication and have developed strategies and coping skills to avoid major issues brought on by my bunk brain. I'm OCD basically when it comes to my children and their safety. This means I have to follow very specific routines to insure I'm not careless or loose focus. If I'm in a situation that calls for spontaneity I really have to go slow and take my time. I bring this up because I equate it to what it must feel be like for someone who takes on to much, is preoccupied, busy, distracted, comfortable and caught up in the hussle and bustle of daily life assuming nothing bad will come of rushing and living this way. Its easy to think once you are in the car doing the same thing you do every morning going through the motions subconciously but most people don't account for the danger of mixing things up and how that affects their mental " cruise control". This is where mistakes happen and I can understand how fast and easily it can happen. It is an excuse but i can see it. That being said I have a hard time deciding where and when an accident becomes criminal. Its not always black and white for me.

But you know you are this way, so you are exceedingly careful. These other parents allow themselves to be so distracted, preoccupied or in a rush for something else. They do not choose to do the correct thing and slow down to place the correct priorites. You do, and I can't compare that to a parent who doesn't and their child dies as a result.

Did you hear the reporter who owns the same vehicle? What did you think of her description of the rear-facing car seat? That was interesting to me as I pictured a larger SUV but she states it is actually small and she can frequently reach back and touch her child when he/she is in middle of seat facing the rear.

I have the same vehicle. The cars seat sits against the front sets when rear facing

but we only have PEOPLE's word that that's what Bowman was refering to as this stuff...may have been something else entirely or mis relayed from PEOPLE reporter to PEOPLE reporter..

Exactly, thanks! I'm not sure why anyone would disregard every piece of info from a local investigative reporter who knows the LEO's personally but take People Magazine (which is basically a tabloid) as a reliable source.

Thank you! I have repeatedly stuck up for Randy Travis on this thread. I believe the people who live in an area know their reporters the best or at least know their reputation. He is one of the best and frankly one of a kind when it comes to investigative reporting.

He recently exposed a horrible scam involving a "dog rescue" that was taking people's $ and killing the dogs that they had promised to re-home. He is the type to go up to a person with a microphone and ask the questions that we all want asked. If not for him - this place would probably still be in "business" but now the owner sits in jail and is about to go to prison. If you ask just about anyone who lives in the Atlanta area I feel they would feel the same way about Randy Travis.

I know that we should scroll by and ignore certain things but I just had to speak out about him and his reputation. Apparently it did not matter but anyway - I will copy what he said on twitter to someone who was doubting his story:

" Police do not deny our reports. We stand by our story." And "Write back in a few weeks, terrible details are coming....."

Reporters who have worked in large metro area for 20 years and who do this type of reporting day after day would not be sloppy or misrepresent the facts. This is such a high profile case now - on CNN and they are having one hour specials discussing the case. Why would he risk his reputation over something like this? Or why would he risk his long established relationships with local LE and other sources? Sometimes you just have to use common sense.

Ok - that is my last post about Mr. Travis and I'm sure it didn't change anyone's mind that is dead set against him.

This is my opinion not a fact...I think Bowman was practicing CYA for LE. Time will tell won't it?

Thank you! I have repeatedly stuck up for Randy Travis on this thread. I believe the people who live in an area know their reporters the best or at least know their reputation. He is one of the best and frankly one of a kind when it comes to investigative reporting.

He recently exposed a horrible scam involving a "dog rescue" that was taking people's $ and killing the dogs that they had promised to re-home. He is the type to go up to a person with a microphone and ask the questions that we all want asked. If not for him - this place would probably still be in "business" but now the owner sits in jail and is about to go to prison. If you ask just about anyone who lives in the Atlanta area I feel they would feel the same way about Randy Travis.

I know that we should scroll by and ignore certain things but I just had to speak out about him and his reputation. Apparently it did not matter but anyway - I will copy what he said on twitter to someone who was doubting his story:

" Police do not deny our reports. We stand by our story." And "Write back in a few weeks, terrible details are coming....."

Reporters who have worked in large metro area for 20 years and who do this type of reporting day after day would not be sloppy or misrepresent the facts. This is such a high profile case now - on CNN and they are having one hour specials discussing the case. Why would he risk his reputation over something like this? Or why would he risk his long established relationships with local LE and other sources? Sometimes you just have to use common sense.

Ok - that is my last post about Mr. Travis and I'm sure it didn't change anyone's mind that is dead set against him.

I totally agree. He did not pull that out of thin air. There was a reason he was given that information. Kinda like this is off the record-code for don't reveal my name but...

Thanks so much for sharing that information you have on the reporter. I appreciate it. It's really best just to scroll on by some of the posts.

I don't doubt Randy Travis as much as I doubt the unnamed source especially with compeer forensics... Computer forensics can be misleading without a tremendous amount of analysis. I think they have something about a dog in a hot car... But it sometimes takes weeks to fully understand it and after thorough analysis they may discover that in the course of all activity it makes perfect sense.

I'm sorry...I'm really tired, :scared: what do you mean?
I'm so sorry Popsicle...
Cover your (another word for behind or hinney)

Does anyone really think Bowman in that People article is going to say...yes LE authorized some very specific leaks??? That can cause all kinds of legal ramifications.. So in case someone disagrees it's ok because this is all my very strong opinion. :seeya:

So apparently there were 11 search warrants....Does that mean LE searched 11 different places? Would there be a separate search warrant for each computer, cell phone?

So apparently there were 11 search warrants....Does that mean LE searched 11 different places? Would there be a separate search warrant for each computer, cell phone?

I THINK
All computers at one location could be on one.
Another address would require another warrant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there would be a warrant for the cell phone records. I don't think there would have to be a warrant for a computer, because that would be part of the house or office warrant. There would need to be a warrant for the Internet service provider, if they needed information from them. JMO.

Yes, seriously. Do a google search yourself, "when do human dead bodies start to smell".

You won't find a reliable link written by a coroner or ER physicians that says a matter of hours.

That's why when children die, you can't find them. Even if they're within 50 yards and it's baking summer. Because they don't smell for a long time.

The thing is , no one is stating as fact that it was the smell of "Death", just that there had to be a smell out of the ordinary with a diapered child in 110 degree heat, sweltering heat, for hours.

Also heat does speed up decomposition. That was clarified repeatedly in Caylee's case. It is also why dead bodies are stored in refrigeration units and not ovens.

It's truly just common sense. I do not understand how anyone could remotely doubt an out of the ordinary smell being present in Harris' car. Especially with the heat being so intense and the car being enclosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Somberlicous