GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This part sticks out to me, "He then began doing CPR on the child. When someone came to assist Justin he stopped providing medical attention to the child and started making calls on his cell phone."

He just abandons his son and starts calling people. Who? They say calls. What was he doing leaving his son to someone else to make multiple calls? And why does he have someone else call 911, of he HAS his phone? Those calls were more important than 911? Who the heck was he calling...gah...I want to know!! It seems the call to the wife was a bit later, because EMS was there and such. So who did he call before?

He didn't call 911??

I'm shocked a bystander didn't whip out their phone and start recording!
I've seen people pull over on a highway to do it after a horrible accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they were in shock.
Literally.
These were normal everyday young people that immediately knew the child didn't look "natural" and had been dead for quite some time.
moo

]Let's make a list.

Overwhelming smell
Drive some distance claiming not to be aware of his son.

Recent Internet searches for time and temperatures required to kill a child left in the car.

Claimed to hear Choking

Visited car at lunch time

Hottest day on record this summer

Didn't call 911 *
Instructed others to.
Left child unattended to make calls.

Excited utterance " what have I done?" "I've killed my child"

After buckling the child back in the car at CF, he claims to have forgotten all about him in less than 4 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked a bystander didn't whip out their phone and start recording!
I've seen people pull over on a highway to do it after a horrible accident.

If it were me, I would never want to record a dead child, out of respect. Maybe, people have more grace than we realize? They might not have wanted to accidentally record the child. Maybe, they were in total shock. LE might have told them not to. Who knows. I wonder if LE dash cam caught his actions.

And if I recall...he visited the car at lunch to "place an object on the passenger seat".

Seriously who does that? Who goes out to their car in the middle of a hot day to put something inside of the car especially when they are AT WORK! Not shopping at a mall and have too many packages...but a normal day AT WORK!

Not sure it was the passenger seat...just sayin :)

I think they were in shock.
Literally.
These were normal everyday young people that immediately knew the child didn't look "natural" and had been dead for quite some time.
moo

Yes I think so too. The body was blue/grey and stiff with rigor mortis even when placed on the ground. I think most of us would have been stunned.

The first thought wouldn't be "Call an ambulance" it would be "OMG that baby is obviously very very dead".

I would be a bit stunned by such a sight, not sure about the rest of you.

I've been wondering that, too. At the press conference, Bowman said "officers were on routine patrols" but then I've seen something recently (last night or this morning) about "responding to a man down call". I guess he could gave meant they were on routine patrols until they were called for this incident.

Yes it is in the SW's however it doesn't say it was from a 911 call. idk

On 06/18/14 at 1624 hrs Pct 3 officers responded to 2955 Akers Mill Rd, Atlanta GA regarding a person down call.

And if I recall...he visited the car at lunch to "place an object on the passenger seat".

Seriously who does that? Who goes out to their car in the middle of a hot day to put something inside of the car especially when they are AT WORK! Not shopping at a mall and have too many packages...but a normal day AT WORK!

That is true! I never really stopped to think how odd that is. I never go to my car to put something in it, what can't wait until the end of the work day? It would make more sense to get something out that you had forgotten (that I do plenty of!)

Search Warrant Number #: 14-SW-0596
Docket Number #: E010634

Therefore Affiant respectfully requests a search and seizure warrant be issued to lawfully search the location of 1212 Wynnes Ridge Cir, Marietta GA 30067 for evidence to include, papers, writings, documents, photographs, evidence of child neglect, child abuse and photograph the residence.

Affiant is a sworn and certified police officer in the State of Georgia and has been for 10 years. Affiant is currently employed by the Cobb County Police Department and is currently assigned as a detective in the Crimes Against Persons Division, Homicide Squad (CAP). CAP is responsible for investigating crimes perpetrated against persons in unincorporated Cobb County, GA to include the physical and sexual abuse of persons, abuse involving the internet or other electronic devices and means, and murder. Affiant has completed Search and Seizure, Interviews and Interrogations, Basic Investigations, Homicide Investigations and other investigation classes for POST credit.

On 06/18/14 at 1624 hrs Pct 3 officers responded to 2955 Akers Mill Rd, Atlanta GA regarding a person down call. When the officers arrived on scene they discovered that Cooper Harris 08-02-12 was deceased. The CAP unit was contacted and responded to the scene regarding a homicide investigation.

Justin Harris, the deceased subject's father was witnessed pulling into the parking lot of Uncle Maddio's Pizza, 2955 Akers Mill Rd in a 2011 Hyundai Tucson, GA tag "RT7088". The vehicle came to a sudden stop. Justin quickly
exited the vehicle, opened the driver side passenger door and pulled his child, Cooper Harris out of the vehicle. Justin was witnessed yelling "Oh my god what have I done". He then began doing CPR on the child. EMS
responded to the scene. It was obvious that the child was deceased.

Justin stated that he went to work that morning and forgot to drop the child off at day care. Justin left his residence, 1212 Wynnes Ridge Cir, Marietta GA, took the child to Chic Fila in Vinings and then went to work. The child was left
in the vehicle since approximately 0930 hrs this morning until he was discovered by Justin at around 1620 hrs when he was driving to meet up with some friends

Search Warrant Number #: 14-SW-0597
Docket Number #: E010635

Therefore Affiant respectfully requests a search and seizure warrant be issued to lawfully search the location of 1212 Wynnes Ridge Cir, Marietta GA 30067 for evidence to include a laptop computer, computer tower, Google chrome
cast internet searcher and other electronic devises.

Affiant is a sworn and certified police officer in the State of Georgia and has been for 10 years. Affiant is currently employed by the Cobb County Police Department and is currently assigned as a detective in the Crimes Against
Persons Division, Homicide Squad (CAP). CAP is responsible for investigating crimes perpetrated against persons in unincorporated Cobb County, GA to include the physical and sexual abuse of persons, abuse involving the internet or other electronic devices and means, and murder. Affiant has completed Search and Seizure, Interviews and Interrogations, Basic Investigations, Homicide Investigations and other investigation classes for POST credit.

On 06/18/14 at 1624 hrs Pct 3 officers responded to 2955 Akers Mill Rd, Atlanta GA regarding a person down call. When the officers arrived on scene they discovered that Cooper Harris 08-02-12 was deceased. The CAP unit was contacted and responded to the scene regarding a homicide investigation.

Justin Harris, the deceased subject's father was witnessed pulling into the parking lot of Uncle Maddio's Pizza, 2955 Akers Mill Rd in a 2011 Hyundai Tucson, GA tag "RT7088". The vehicle came to a sudden stop. Justin quickly
exited the vehicle, opened the driver side passenger door and pulled his child, Cooper Harris out of the vehicle. Justin was witnessed yelling "Oh my god what have I done". He then began doing CPR on the child. EMS
responded to the scene. It was obvious that the child was deceased.

Justin stated that he went to work that morning and forgot to drop the child off at day care. Justin left his residence, 1212 Wynnes Ridge Cir, Marietta GA, took the child to Chic Fila in Vinings and then went to work. The child was left
in the vehicle since approximately 0930 hrs this morning until he was discovered by Justin at around 1620 hrs when he was driving to meet up with some friends. The tempreture outside was in the 90's for most of the day.

During an interview with Justin, He stated that he recently researched, through the internet, child deaths inside vehicles and what temperature it needs to be for that to occur. Justin stated that he was fearful that this could happen.

Search Warrant Number #: 14-SW-0598
Docket Number #: E010636

Affiant is searching for the following items: trace evidence including but not limited to latent impressions, hairs, fibers, fingerprints, blood, or DNA, a child car seat, cell phones, photograph the vehicle, take measurements of the vehicle, computers, electronic communication devices, any electronic data storage devices located inside the vehicle, any paperwork and or writings related to the crime of Homicide and Cruelty to Children.

[the probable cause statement for this warrant mirrors the one prior]

Search Warrant Number #: 14-SW-0599
Docket Number #: E010637

The cell phone will be physically examined, documented, the storage devices forensically imaged or copied (if necessary), and later examined for evidence of these crimes. The results of the examination will be presented by your
affiant or designee and later forwarded to the Office of the District Attorney. The RETURN portion of this warrant will the actual seizure of articles. The examination will exceed ten days or more based on the high volume of data
to be processed and examined, but all results will be submitted as evidence at a later date.

[the probable cause statement for this warrant mirrors the one prior]

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/documents/2014/06/28/merged_document.pdf

Yes I think so too. The body was blue/grey and stiff with rigor mortis even when placed on the ground. I think most of us would have been stunned.

The first thought wouldn't be "Call an ambulance" it would be "OMG that baby is obviously very very dead".

I would be horrified.
I never whip out my phone. I miss recording all sorts of great pleasant things...I guess I'm too afraid I'll miss something ..fumbling around with my phone.

I might have wanted to hold that baby, when the father left him to a stranger for his calls. I mean, I really might have run over to him and wanted his hand while the stranger was attempting CPR. The father just leaving him there on the ground. Poor, poor baby.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I read at least twice that he went out later and opened the passenger side door.

From the warrant: During lunch said accused did access the same vehicle through the driver's side door to place an object into the vehicle."

For what it's worth, which door doesn't matter to me. Any door should have made him help his boy, but it was the driver side.

Oh my dear God.

I hope he wasn't producing child *advertiser censored*, viewing child *advertiser censored*, and didn't sexually assault his son....

I see on the SW for the cell phone they expect to have the examination done in 10 days or so. I am hoping they will have info for court this week.

I noticed that, too. I thought his next court date was July 15. That's a couple of weeks away, hopefully they'll have info by then. Or have I missed something...easy to do as fast as this thread is moving, lol. Is there a court date for this week?

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought I read at least twice that he went out later and opened the passenger side door.

Driver's side door. I don't think it matters since the car seat was center. Just a detail. It's in the arrest warrant in the media thread.

Yes it is in the SW's however it doesn't say it was from a 911 call. idk

On 06/18/14 at 1624 hrs Pct 3 officers responded to 2955 Akers Mill Rd, Atlanta GA regarding a person down call.

yes, conflicting reports. articles and statements from LE have seemed to indicate officers happened on the scene but SWs indicate officers responded to man down type call.

Maybe first officer on scene then called in the man down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow