GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he were my husband, he would be safer in jail.

My own husband years ago, like 3 years into our marriage lost my dog.
He thought the dog would walk at a heel for him off leash, like he did for me. I told him to never let him off the leash.
He's so lucky I found that dog. I would have never forgiven him.

Kill my son? He better start running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, my hubby let my cat out and she got lost. told him he couldn't come home until or unless my cat was with him. JMO:twocents:

There is a Harris Family Fund that has raised over $22,000 for this family. Home Depot has already paid for the funeral. There is a statement that funds are for living expenses, but IMO this is a defense fund set up to look like a living expenses fund. JMO, MOO, IMO

If it's not ok to include this link, please let me know and I'll remove it.

Even if she thought it was an accident, it is so weird that she is not angry w/ him. Not even a little? Couples get mad at each other for much less.

I think that if you had a strong marriage and thought this could not be anything but a terrible accident it would cause one to suppress any angry feelings toward the spouse, at least initially.

We had a situation where a mother in our neighborhood tragically ran over her youngest child that had darted out to the driveway. The father was nothing but very supportive and protective of his wife. He knew it was a complete accident and he knew she was under such self blame and pain that he only wanted to see her heal.

I am not comparing the two situations because they aren't comparable. Just trying to understand the emotions she may be feeling. I am certain no matter how strong she is on the outside, she has to be dealing with extreme shock and disbelief. Maybe I am just projecting my own emotions on to her, IDK.

Yeah me thinks so too. Ross didn't do this on his own. No way.

He may have but she might cover for him being a victim of domestic abuse or brainwashing of some cult like thinking. Her comments at the funeral are unreal and disturbing.

My mother lost two babies at young ages and my poor father went berserk and got drunk each time leaving her to deal with the details. She was still angry 50 years later when she died. If he was responsible in any way I truly believe she would have killed him. But she was always overly protective. JMO

Wow where to start-

I'm shocked to see he was the one who told the police about the search and that it was a child vs animal. Not sure what that means if anything. I know he said recently preformed it. Lots of parents fear this put if its been a very recent search and them your child dies in the same scenario ...its a strong case for premeditation. I want to know if he searched the upcoming forecast close to the time he looked up the other stuff. Checking the weather isn't unusual unless its not a consistent habit. Being he is a referee it just might be. Warrant said this information came up during an interview with him. That technically doesn't mean he offered the info up. It could have been hours into the interrogation and someone could have said - if I were to get a warrant to search your office what do you think I'm going to find - or is there anything you want to tell me etc etc

I'm also waiting on the cell investigation or the time stamp on the Chicfila video or whatever they have to confirm he was there and put Cooper in the carseat. I want to know how long between getting in the car and Ross walking into work. I know the drive is only 3 mins but did he make calls, surf the web, Facebook.. It could be that more time elapsed. Not sure it matters but I'm interested to know. If nothing happened to distract him like a call or text 3 mins is a very short time to forget a child in the car. If He was extremely sleep deprived ... Maybe .. Still a hard call though.

Car visit still throws me off. Police said he was at work at 9:30am.
Nothing he could have read online could have made him feel Cooper could last very long in the car at those temps assuming he planned this all out. So even if we add and extra 1/2 hour to the timeline Cooper would be deceased by 11:00am. I can't think why he would feel the need to check on him if he planned to leave later at 4 anyway? He would have known he would certainly have passed by then. Seems odd for someone trying to get away with murder. But then again so does taking him to breakfast just to purposely leave him. Would have made a lot more sense to go straight to work and say you forgot.

I would like to know if he typically went out to lunch or if he ate at his desk daily. Avoiding going out when he normally does would be an interesting fact.

As far as the daycare calling or not calling I'm guessing no and I don't see why it matters. If they called him then he would have lied- yes this looks bad so some say he would have just ignored the call. Fine, then they would have called mom and she would have called Ross frantically looking for her son unless she was in on the plot which I do not believe for a second. To me daycare is a non issue other than the time Cooper got picked up daily. If between 4-5pm then that tells me Ross leaving work at the time he did is no coincidence. He would have needed time to discover and contact the wife before pick up time.

I didn't see reference to the smell or choking in the warrant. Just that the child was clearly deceased despite Ross attempting CPR. If he was in rigor don't you think they would have mentioned it so they could get a warrant to check the home ASAP to see if he could have died elsewhere? Witnesses referred the choking this I know but I know one said he " thought " he was choking. As a crowd gathered could it be possible that someone said that to someone else and that gave the crowd a perception that Ross had tried to say the boy had been choking?

Things are not looking good here folks. I try to remain in a juror type impartial mind frame until trial so I will wait to hear both sides of the coin. Obviously if I had to go based only on what we know as of today its pretty clear there was most likely intent.

CNN reporting JRH has called into to service on speaker phone, sobbing but thanking all for support. Wife stood up and gave speech and defended him. Congregation stood in show of support. She also talked about having more children when this is over. WOW.

WOW- need to think on this....

There is a Harris Family Fund that has raised over $22,000 for this family. Home Depot has already paid for the funeral. There is a statement that funds are for living expenses, but IMO this is a defense fund set up to look like a living expenses fund. JMO, MOO, IMO

If it's not ok to include this link, please let me know and I'll remove it.

No it is not allowed.

Well, I hope her faith can sustain her. That's what it's for. IMO Because reality, is pretty freaking horrifying.

Too right, can't even imagine waking up one day to this nightmare hell. Complete denial or she knows something we don't.

Wow where to start-

I'm shocked to see he was the one who told the police about the search and that it was a child vs animal. Not sure what that means if anything. I know he said recently preformed it. Lots of parents fear this put if its been a very recent search and them your child dies in the same scenario ...its a strong case for premeditation. I want to know if he searched the upcoming forecast close to the time he looked up the other stuff. Checking the weather isn't unusual unless its not a consistent habit. Being he is a referee it just might be. Warrant said this information came up during an interview with him. That technically doesn't mean he offered the info up. It could have been hours into the interrogation and someone could have said - if I were to get a warrant to search your office what do you think I'm going to find - or is there anything you want to tell me etc etc

I'm also waiting on the cell investigation or the time stamp on the Chicfila video or whatever they have to confirm he was there and put Cooper in the carseat. I want to know how long between getting in the car and Ross walking into work. I know the drive is only 3 mins but did he make calls, surf the web, Facebook.. It could be that more time elapsed. Not sure it matters but I'm interested to know. If nothing happened to distract him like a call or text 3 mins is a very short time to forget a child in the car. If He was extremely sleep deprived ... Maybe .. Still a hard call though.

Nothing he could have read online could have made him feel Cooper could last very long in the car at those temps assuming he planned this all out. So even if we add and extra 1/2 hour to the timeline Cooper would be deceased by 11:00am. I can't think why he would feel the need to check on him if he planned to leave later at 4 anyway? He would have known he would certainly have passed by then. Seems odd for someone trying to get away with murder. But then again so does taking him to breakfast just to purposely leave him. Would have made a lot more sense to go straight to work and say you forgot.

I would like to know if he typically went out to lunch or if he ate at his desk daily. Avoiding going out when he normally does would be an interesting fact.

As far as the daycare calling or not calling I'm guessing no and I don't see why it matters. If they called him then he would have lied- yes this looks bad so some say he would have just ignored the call. Fine, then they would have called mom and she would have called Ross frantically looking for her son unless she was in on the plot which I do not believe for a second. To me daycare is a non issue other than the time Cooper got picked up daily. If between 4-5pm then that tells me Ross leaving work at the time he did is no coincidence. He would have needed time to discover and contact the wife before pick up time.

I didn't see reference to the smell or choking in the warrant. Just that the child was clearly deceased despite Ross attempting CPR. If he was in rigor don't you think they would have mentioned it so they could get a warrant to check the home ASAP to see if he could have died elsewhere? Witnesses referred the choking this I know but I know one said he " thought " he was choking. As a crowd gathered could it be possible that someone said that to someone else and that gave the crowd a perception that Ross had tried to say the boy had been choking?

Things are not looking good here folks. I try to remain in a juror type impartial mind frame until trial so I will wait to hear both sides of the coin. Obviously if I had to go based only on what we know as of today its pretty clear there was most likely intent.

Link for smell is in media thread

Was media at the funeral? How and why do they know this? I'm glad for us we are getting some updates but I would NEVER allow media at such a private event especially considering the situation with the husband!

Yes...

Was media at the funeral? How and why do they know this? I'm glad for us we are getting some updates but I would NEVER allow media at such a private event especially considering the situation with the husband!

I don't know... don't think so but those are quotes. jmo

I stand corrected... Linda says yes they were tweeted during the service.

My family members that are very religious refer to the husband and father as the "leader' of the family (as in spiritual leader) rather frequently. I think that was probably the context. The audience she was addressing probably uses the same terms.

I just read the quote and, imo, that's definitely the context. I have a lot of extremely Christian and lds friends and acquaintances who refer to that as one of their husband's best qualities. It wouldn't be unusual for any of them to refer to their husband that way in this context and it also wouldn't be unusual for them to say the weren't angry with him or that it was God's will. jmo

From momshrinks link

Leanna Harris followed her son's casket out of the church, still on the phone with her husband.

She said, "I love you," before hanging up the phone.

Wow where to start-

IMO, my guess is that he expected to find him deceased at that time and have the big discovery at that moment but thought he saw signs he was still alive or perhaps he confirmed that he was deceased, but there was no one around to witness his staged act and he needed the audience for drama's sake. So he decided to postpone the big reveal. The worst case for me to consider was he just wanted to see for himself that he was no longer living and reassure himself that his plan "worked". Then he spent the rest of the day thinking about how he was going to put the actual dramatic discovery and along with guaranteed witnesses into action.

Was it stated that the searches he admitted to were on prior days or just prior to the child's death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay