GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who talks about having other children "when this is over" at their own child's funeral? That just seems WAY over the top inappropriate to me - reminds me of the statement when someone loses one of their children and some insensitive person says, "Well at least you've got other children...." As if children can be interchangeable.

Sorry - just really struck me as tacky.

I really hope CPS watches over future children this couple conceives.:(

That makes sense.

Well, seeing as he admitted to searching the temps and times it would take to kill a child in a hot car right before his child died in a hot car, and seeing as it was only three minutes from he time he strapped his child into the car for the second time that morning after breakfast, until he arrived at work and "forgot" his son, felony murder is not close to overcharging him. This looks like a clear case of premeditation.

I don't. There are several videos of time lapsed, daily photos dads have taken of their kids from birth to a decade later or whatever. Lots of men love their babies enough to photograph them every day.

That's not what concerns me about this person.

The sequence of events in this case and the behavior of the father doesn't come close, in my opinion, from what I've heavily researched over the years, come close to approximating examples of Munchausens or psychosis. Not close.

Sadly, as Websleuths shows, sometimes parents just don't love their kids and want to kill them. Including parents who everyone says adore their children and could never do such a thing. And distrust of LE or the legal system in general does not change that. There are just too many cases on here of parents who plot to harm their children for us to need to do mental gymnastics in this one to explain away the facts here. IMO.

We don't know that he didn't. The tip might have been quite precise.

Would / defend him. I mean no harm to you just as a poster to an att. and I watch many on tv, I give Sonny Huston and Mark Gargross a FU, typically lying lawyers. Accept Sonny is prettier than Mark.

matou, Cooper was their only child.

Even if she thought it was an accident, it is so weird that she is not angry w/ him. Not even a little? Couples get mad at each other for much less.

Justin Ross Harris called into his son's funeral Saturday from a Georgia jail, saying on speakerphone to those in attendance that he's thankful "for everything you've done for my boy"

http://www.ktuu.com/news/nation/URGENT-Georgia-Toddler-Death-Funeral/26707926

Seems pretty self serving to me. This funeral is not about him-it is about his son.

If in fact he did computer searches on the length of time it takes to kill a child and/or an animal in a hot car, it jumps the shark to believe that it is a tragic coincidence. I am not trying to tell anyone how to think, but really? How ice cold do you have to be to knowingly leave him to begin with and then go back to the car just to see? (JMO.)

The question is why? There has to be much more here. It cant be an experiment or an aberration...there has to be something. Witnesses indicate that he was remarkably concerned with who police were questioning, at least as reported by the media. He seems to me to be exactly the kind of guy who would tell LE that he had done those searches...I am sure it was very intimidating to him to be questioned when he was supposed to be a grieving father. Perhaps he was a grieving father on some level. Their child was beyond beautiful. Maybe it was jealousy. Maybe their marriage was on the rocks.

Maybe Mom is playing along with the game and pretending she doesn't hold him responsible so that she can get some info from him to nail him.

If I were to make a judgment about the kind of man who could do this intentionally, I could also see him calling into his son's funeral so that he could thank supporters.

Uhhh...yeah your only known child is dead (did she have others?).

The use of the word "leader" sets my hinky meter off too. The kid was 2 years old, he a loving careful, protective father, not a "leader".

(Though I can see possible defense attorneys quoting her statement about him being the "leader").

My family members that are very religious refer to the husband and father as the "leader' of the family (as in spiritual leader) rather frequently. I think that was probably the context. The audience she was addressing probably uses the same terms.

Even if she thought it was an accident, it is so weird that she is not angry w/ him. Not even a little? Couples get mad at each other for much less.

If he were my husband, he would be safer in jail.

My own husband years ago, like 3 years into our marriage lost my dog.
He thought the dog would walk at a heel for him off leash, like he did for me. I told him to never let him off the leash.
He's so lucky I found that dog. I would have never forgiven him.

Kill my son? He better start running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is completely arbitrary but something about him reminds me of Charles Lindbergh. Honestly I don't know why.

The natural statement for a grieving mother....if her husband "accidentally" caused the kids death would be "He loved our boy..." or "I know in my heart he would never hurt our little boy".

Saying she is "not angry" with him and that "he is a leader" is odd imo.

The natural statement for a grieving mother....if her husband "accidentally" caused the kids death would be "He loved our boy...".

Saying she is "not angry" with him and that "he is a leader" is odd imo.

Well, I hope her faith can sustain her. That's what it's for. IMO Because reality, is pretty freaking horrifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member