GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw one that said he made $61k a year. Most men ( bragging kind) inflate their salary.
He didn't make very much at all. Even if he 61k was accurate. He had school loans and they were trying to buy a house.
I am unfamiliar with real estate in GA ...
But it sure sounds like money would be very very tight. Mom only works part time? What does she do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are reporters, it's what they do. The family allowed them there. They had to have known the would report. I am far more bothered that the family made not only the obituary, but the service about the man in jail. If the family doesn't care to give the boy his moment, I certainly don't expect reportes to do so.

But that's the thing, I think the mother spoke more about Cooper than has been reported. I know its their job and I referenced earlier that I'm glad we get info but that I personally wouldn't allow press and a funeral. I dunno .. The reporting doesn't feel right to me today. I feel like its a bit hypocritical to judge the family for their actions yet never say anything to highlight the boy's life.

Saw one that said he made $61k a year. Most men ( bragging kind) inflate their salary.
He didn't make very much at all. He had school loans and they were trying to buy a house.
But it sure sounds like money would be very tight. Mom only works part time? What does she do?

Speaking to the movin and job thing I also saw him mention tht they lived with his in laws for a while.

I am wondering if the window tinting did delay the toddler's demise because, just from my own experience, tinted windows can make a huge difference in how much cooler a car's interior feels.

Me too, it's an excellent observation

He's just so annoying, seems so full of himself. "As an official", "as a former LEO" (paraphrasing that one - forget what he called himself but it wasn't "dispatcher"!), "I used to be in radio", "I used to do this", "I do web development for a fortune 50 comoany".. :rolleyes:

Between all of his time on there yakking himself up, doing his umpiring or whatever, attending games, doing his male bonding stuff, work and music.... maybe he found being a Dad took too much time away from all of that fun stuff.

But that's the thing, I think the mother spoke more about Cooper than has been reported. I know its their job and I referenced earlier that I'm glad we get info but that I personally wouldn't allow press and a funeral. I dunno .. The reporting doesn't feel right to me today. I feel like its a bit hypocritical to judge the family for their actions yet never say anything to highlight the boy's life.

He was two.
He was a beautiful and amazing child I'm sure. He liked trucks and cars and was starting to make two word sentences. He was loved by many.

It's not like the poor child had a long life or a long list of accomplishments.

All IMO

Still bothers me than these reporters appear to have sat through most of this little boys funeral for a scoop and are largely only reporting what was said as it pertains to Ross, family support and mom's random statements. You think they would take a moment to report some of the things the speakers said to remember this little soul. I also don't like chopped up quotes. Has anyone reported the mothers statements as a whole! I would love to read
It. Its hard to imagine what came before and followed the selfish world statement.

I think the speakers at the funeral used the presence of the media to take full advantage to promote their belief in the father's innocence. They could have kept the focus on the child if they had chosen to. Same thoughts regarding the wording of the obituary.

Speaking to the movin and job thing I also saw him mention tht they lived with his in laws for a while.

Is 61k a lot of money to earn a year there?

Parts of Missouri, I know he'd practically be a millionaire...I live in New Jersey and here, he would be lucky to get a two bedroom condo and probably couldn't in most areas I'm familiar with.

He didn't make very much at all. Even if he 61k was accurate. He had school loans and they were trying to buy a house.
But it sure sounds like money would be very very tight. Mom only works part time? What does she do?

Yep, he said he paid his school tuition with 100% loans.

If a senior engineering position (requiring minimum of 7 years experience, degree, etc. which his position did not) starts at $73-83,000...no way does his position get 61,000. . My husband deals with home depot developers in the Dallas office, he said their are a lot of them. There is literally nothing special about his title. It's a fresh out of college, entry level position.

I am not as interested in what various speakers had to say about little Cooper. I am much more interested in what his parents had to say. So I think the reporters focused more on that.

I agree that Mom is in the depths of grief and is not thinking clearly. But I still find it very off putting that she spoke of having another baby with her jailed husband, while their child was laying in his little red casket. I think that was so weird and insensitive. jmo

I don't disagree but I don't think she is in the right frame of mind and her comments have been chopped up for sound bites. I think she has misplaced anger towards the media and posiably the police. It seems she is lashing out to make a strong statement on where she and the family stands but being ahe refused statements up until now, these are probably all emotionally driven and who knows what she really feels and is thinking. How can she think straight given her situation so I feel almost like its exploiting her even though like many said she didn't turn them away. I'm conflicted is all. I wish someone would report her statements as a whole so we might have a clearer picture.

I am wondering if the window tinting did delay the toddler's demise because, just from my own experience, tinted windows can make a huge difference in how much cooler a car's interior feels.

I did find and post some research done regarding how the ambient temperature in a closed vehicle can vary based on whether sunshades or tints were employed. Not sure how far back or if its even in teh old thread before this one.

The tint does affect the temperature. It would stand to reason that might affect TOD as we are guesstimating it.

Maybe not a lot for the IT industry, but there's plenty of people in the country who would love to be making that, especially if they are a double income family. It's solidly middle class. I'm a teacher, and it will take many years for me to reach that salary level!

I don't know if they were looking to buy a house in Marietta, but if so, below are the median home prices.

According to Zillow, the median price of homes currently listed in Marietta is $250,000 while the median price of homes that sold is $238,595.

http://www.zillow.com/marietta-ga/home-values/

The median income for a household in the city was $40,645, and the median income for a family was $47,340. Males had a median income of $31,186 versus $30,027 for females. The per capita income for the city was $23,409.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marietta,_Georgia

I don't disagree but I don't think she is in the right frame of mind and her comments have been chopped up for sound bites. I think she has misplaced anger towards the media and posiably the police. It seems she is lashing out to make a strong statement on where she and the family stands but being ahe refused statements up until now, these are probably all emotionally driven and who knows what she really feels and is thinking. How can she think straight given her situation so I feel almost like its exploiting her even though like many said she didn't turn them away. I'm conflicted is all. I wish someone would report her statements as a whole so we might have a clearer picture.

She's going to be on that wicked wretched roller coaster of conflicted emotions for a while ...... my concern is that she's going to have a lot of messed up people close to her giving her messed up advice.

I apologize if this has already been mentioned.....

Possibly, the "second breakfast" stop at Chic could have been to make him late for work. That way, there was less chance of someone hearing the baby as he got out of the car and went inside.

He was two.
He was a beautiful and amazing child I'm sure. He liked trucks and cars and was starting to make two word sentences. He was loved by many.

It's not like the poor child had a long life or a long list of accomplishments.

All IMO

Yes but why not say she spoke of that. They mentioned her saying "the last two nights of his life he spent cuddled in our bed with us" or something like that but haven't reported she said much more about Cooper and I find it hard to believe. Though his life was short it doesn't mean words weren't spoken about it. They went to his funeral, were they not moved or reminded a little life, regardless of how it ended, was over and stop to honor that?

We can agree to disagree. It's not like I don't see where you are coming from. If this was a press conference I would probably feel the same but holding a grieving parent to what she says during her only child's funeral yet not taking time to remember the boy and his life feels wrong to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18