GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There would have been at the very least a horribly stinky diaper (if not decomp) when he opened the door the last time. Evacuation of the bowel is frequent upon death.

Several posters have mentioned thinking he went back to the car to see if Cooper was still alive. I wasn't really buying into that (or rather wasn't fully understanding their logic), but given the 9:30 work arrival (per sw), the "around lunch" car visit could have been as early as 11 or 11:30. Is it possible that Cooper was still alive one and a half to two hours later? It wouldn't have been as hot before noon, right? RH couldn't go back to the car again until after work because that would be even more suspicious! But maybe the original "plan" had been to "discover" his accidental forgetfulness at that lunch car visit.

A medical expert has stated that Cooper would have been dead with an hour in those temperatures.

He was definitely dead by noon. He had been in there since 9:30 A.M.

I agree with you and believe RH was checking to see if Cooper had died yet.

I do, but most don't. I also will walk a LONG way for the privilege of parking in a shady spot. Almost no one here leaves a window cracked.

Get an after market auto start.
I think it was $149. And that was installed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went there but did not read it. Some folks read his Reddit account and he had stated something about losing partial hearing in his ear due to a bottle rocket accident....(paraphrased here.) HTH

I read some of his stuff but missed this one.

Even if he lost his sense of hearing, he didn't lose his sense of smell. Didn't the first responders say the car stunk to high heaven. Sorry that I don't have a link to that quote.

MOO

Mel

The Cobb County Medical Examiner is requesting more information from investigators, and police said they traced the father's steps back to his workplace.

BBM
Interesting...did they specifically think he threw something out? Or did they think he stopped elsewhere first?

Killing your own child either by severe gross neglect or premeditatedly never makes sense to me.

Motive? What motive specifically would "make sense" to you?

Money?
Wanted to be free from the responsibility?
Jealousy?

You pick one.

I'm curious as to which one would convince you,

I think few people on a jury identify with the "motive" in a murder case, but they DO seem to want to hear one. Although motive usually isn't required, it DOES make it into the trial presentation if they can find one, and if not, the defense is quick to point out there's no motive.

There doesn't appear to be a motive here, IMHO, or at least not one that's been brought out yet. And I'm willing to take ANYTHING as a motive, reasonable or not.

You know you guys...something just crossed my mind. Please let me know what you think.

RH specifically searched how long it would take a child to die in a car that had reached certain temperatures. He knew it would have been fast. The medical expert said within an hour.

Part of me wonders if RH had not banked on a stranger or passerby calling 911 or breaking the window trying to save Cooper...this way it could REALLY look like he forgot. Then the emotional scene that occurred at the restaurant would have occurred in the early hours of his work day in the parking lot. He thought it would have happened faster making it look like he forgot him innocently and he gets to have his "audience" that he sought out later.

This never happened, so he went to the car to check himself.

He then spends the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out how he is going to "discover" him. So he pulls into the parking lot screaming and crying that his dead child is "choking" not banking on the rigormortis having already set in? This is why he inexplicably drives in a reeking car with a dead child. Attention and sympathy and a chance to act insane with grief in front of LE and strangers? As he wanted to do in the work parking lot but just much earlier in the day.

The my son is "choking" comment when he was clearly dead may have been his panicked way of backtracking on his original "forgot him in car plan, stranger finds him fast" plan that never worked.

Forgetting him for an hour or two and having a stranger discover him is MUCH different than forgetting him for 7 hours and then driving around with him in a stinking car trying to figure out what to do.

So now a dead Cooper is "choking". Please help me. See how upset I am....

Just a thought.

Argh this is so frustrating. I tried to see what Leanna said at the funeral and then what Ross said to but it is in pieces. What I did see was not the normal thing I would of read.

No way did he not see his son in that car seat, at the time he came back. I drive a jeep Cherokee and I think it is larger, and I am short, Ross looks tall. There is no way at all that he didn't see Cooper in that car seat. Especially if it was in the middle.

I would not be able to forgive my husband, and he wouldn't be able to forgive himself either. That right there is a turn our lives upside down moment. Not after having a baby. It wouldn't be about us, it would be about the baby. Not about the supporters.

All if this seems so fishy.

Today before I left and got back in my vehicle i started it, car starter. To get the a/c moving. I wonder if the car he drives has that option.

I think few people on a jury identify with the "motive" in a murder case, but they DO seem to want to hear one. Although motive usually isn't required, it DOES make it into the trial presentation if they can find one, and if not, the defense is quick to point out there's no motive.

There doesn't appear to be a motive here, IMHO, or at least not one that's been brought out yet. And I'm willing to take ANYTHING as a motive, reasonable or not.

Those recent searches aka research... Is enough for me.

It's like, if you punched me in the face....how important is the motive?
The end result is still the same. You committed assault.

( wasn't making it personal used you and me only as pronouns)

Possible Motives:

Didn't want to be married with a family anymore.
Did not want the responsibilities anymore
Financial Struggles
An affair.
Did not want to be a parent anymore.

We just do not know yet. I wouldn't say there doesn't appear to be a motive in this case. I'm sure there is....we just aren't able to see it with what has been released yet.

How many people kill their spouses in lieu of divorce because they do not want to be married anymore for whatever reasons.

Everyone said Casey Anthony was a doting mother that loved Caylee according to their observations of her interactions with her. CA did not want the responsibilities of being tied down as a parent anymore.

Scott Peterson wanted his freedom and another woman. Susan Smith, wanted her freedom and another man.

The motive will reveal itself. It almost always does.

"I just hope it's not the obvious."

Wow. He must have been a really terrible actor.

Exactly.
People need to remember that nobody on the scene was fooled. Not the witnesses and not the police. They all immediately knew the father was not being truthful.

Sorry folks, I just can't find it by searching.........but I am almost positive that I read somewhere on this thread or the one before, some reference by the Mom to "Job" in the bible. Anyone recall this? Perhaps even a particular verse from the book of Job. Now isn't Job the one in the Bible whose faith was tested such that he was willing to sacrifice one of his sons to prove his faith and trust in God?

Abraham was the one prepared to sacrifice but God intervened and said it wasn't necessary. Job was beset with horrible challenges and loss of his family but after trials were over his family expanded.

Bible Scholars: please forgive my concise oversimplification from my pea sized brain

Argh this is so frustrating. I tried to see what Leanna said at the funeral and then what Ross said to but it is in pieces. What I did see was not the normal thing I would of read.

No way did he not see his son in that car seat, at the time he came back. I drive a jeep Cherokee and I think it is larger, and I am short, Ross looks tall. There is no way at all that he didn't see Cooper in that car seat. Especially if it was in the middle.

I would not be able to forgive my husband, and he wouldn't be able to forgive himself either. That right there is a turn our lives upside down moment. Not after having a baby. It wouldn't be about us, it would be about the baby. Not about the supporters.

All if this seems so fishy.

His height would have actually interfered with his ability to see his child while standing close enough to his car to place something on the driver's seat. A small child would have a better vantage than someone towering over the car.

I want to know this as well.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me. I think you misunderstand some of our sentiments.

It's not that we don't believe it could happen, it COULD Happen. You know what else could happen?

• A child finds a key and sticks it into an electrical socket and electrocutes themselves.

A child walks out the front door of their home and wanders into traffic and gets hit by a car

A child tips head first into a toilet and drowns

A child falls down a flight of stairs and breaks his neck

A child gets into medicine left out and over doses on drugs

A child gets into cleaning supplies and dies from drinking bleach

A child tries to pull on the television set and topples the entire thing onto themselves

A child stumbles and falls into an opened dishwasher door and impales themselves on knives

A child walks up to the stove and pulls a pot of boiling water onto themselves and suffers third degree burns

Any number of these things could ALSO happen. But when they do we hold the parent entirely responsible for not watching their child.

When you STRAP A CHILD INTO A CAR SEAT you have an extra level of responsibility. This is not a child getting out of sight for a few minutes and an accident happening. You are physically restraining the child behind you in the car. What kind of sick parent doesn't take that responsibility seriously? There is absolutely no way for the child to survive this, bar a random stranger breaking the windows on a car.

No I don't have sympathy for a parent that puts their child in a situation where they are completely at the mercy of the simple memory of the parent and then the parent forgets them. I do not have sympathy for a parent who forgets a frickin' HUMAN BEING in the car. Especially when they probably didn't forget the cell phone.

What kind of human depravity have we reduced our parents to that the bare minimum of remembering your responsibility to your own child, is excused with sympathy? I seriously do not understand this way of thinking.

The bare minimum for a parent is remembering your child. We've lowered the bar so much, that the fact that this poor child was horrifically baked alive in a car, pales in comparison to the discomfort that some people feel because they slack off when taking care of their children. It's shocking to me. All parents who do this should be prosecuted.

This very case demonstrates why. There are people making excuses because they feel insecure about it possibly happening to them. IF that becomes the baseline of the evaluation of responsibility of a parent, children are at a loss.

Waking up late is NOT the same thing as abandoning a child to be baked alive for hours. Just remember the poor little girl who ripped out all her hair before she died in a situation like this. It is inexcusable.

This is the best thing that's been posted on any of these threads.

I posted a link back where early stages of decomposition were discussed, and one of the common things that happens in the hours prior to death is corpses burp and fart, often causing them to lurch a little.

Gross.

But really, it's believable he heard a choking sound. All this stuff - that sounds outrageous and unbelievable - isn't.

with all due respect, neither a burp nor a fart resembles choking.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member