GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My toddler boy screams, kicks the back of the car, cries, shouts, sings, babbles, laughs and otherwise makes noise the entire time he is in the car.

Well, I guess it takes all kinds!

That behavior is much more unusual than a child who sits compliantly in the car seat and doesn't kick and cry and shout or otherwise vocalize continuously.

You misread. I said if there is a death, there will be an investigation.

Otherwise, (meaning no death, just an injury) there won't be an investigation unless something seems off.

You also stated that friends etc. have brought children to the ER many many times and that nothing would be questioned unless something was very very off.

A doctor, nurse, or social worker, or LE will ALWAYS mentally assess even the most benign injury for abuse, even if a parent is not aware that this is happening. In fact, most parents are not aware that this always happens. I also, disagree that there will be no investigation into an injury if parents seem "normal".

I didn't misunderstand. There is no normal looking parent in murder or child abuse, and seeming "normal" is not a reason that a professional would not mentally assess everything they are seeing. Most parents just do not realize that an assessment is always going on when it comes to children. An investigation will or will not follow based on the professionals initial assessment.

I understood perfectly.

You also stated that you and friends have brought children to the ER many many times and that nothing would be questioned unless something was very very off.

A doctor, nurse, or social worker, or LE will ALWAYS mentally assess even the most benign injury for abuse, even if a parent is not aware that this is happening. I also, disagree with there will be no investigation if parents seem "normal".

I didn't misunderstand. There is no normal looking parent in murder or child abuse, and seeming "normal" is not a reason that a professional would not mentally assess everything they are seeing. Most parents just do not realize that an assessment is always going on when it comes to children. An investigation will or will not follow based on the professionals initial assessment.

I understood perfectly.

I didn't say many many or very very.

You're twisting.

And on that note, gotta run get stuff done.

"After getting Harris’ statement, one of the first calls that an investigator would make would be to the daycare"
"After parsing Harris’ story, a seasoned investigator would question Harris..."
"The smell of death is not one that is easily confused with dirty gym clothes or a diaper that wasn’t tossed out."
"Too many times, the truth is that a parent did the unthinkable and killed their child."
http://thedailybanter.com/2014/06/child-abuse-investigators-perspective-cooper-harris-case/

As long as the "delving" is in the msm that is fine (at this point I believe all that is there is her statement and we are not sleuthing her at this point as she is not a suspect at this point in time).

If that changes at any point in time our rules will change with it.

Understood. I was just going by some of the MSM reports she is under scrutiny as well.

The boy’s father is already behind bars, facing murder and child cruelty charges.

Now his mother is under the microscope.

A day after she defended her husband against people who called him a murderer, CNN has learned Leanna Harris may have to defend her own actions.

http://khon2.com/2014/06/30/mother-of-georgia-toddler-who-died-in-hot-car-now-under-scrutiny/

Thanks again Nurse:
"After the medical examiner determines the manner of death to be a homicide, then law enforcement investigate that death to determine if there is probable cause to bring the criminal charge of murder against the person who caused the death. While all murders are homicides, not all homicides are murders."

Also nice to know that there is a pediatric pathologist.

Understood. I was just going by some of the MSM reports she is under scrutiny as well.

The boy’s father is already behind bars, facing murder and child cruelty charges.

Now his mother is under the microscope.

A day after she defended her husband against people who called him a murderer, CNN has learned Leanna Harris may have to defend her own actions.

http://khon2.com/2014/06/30/mother-of-georgia-toddler-who-died-in-hot-car-now-under-scrutiny/
rules on what can be discussed about mom are in the first several posts of the thread.

I am still not sure what door he opened at lunch. The only reference I can see is a "driver side door." When I have to put something in my car, I don't put it in my drivers seat..I put it where I can leave it till I get home. ....so I'm curious as to whether it was the driver DOOR that he opened. Or the back door on the "driver side."

If it is something so small that he just tosses it on the driver seat....why even make a special trip? I wonder if he told anyone ..."I'm running out to my car." I wonder if that was "usual" for him.

I also wonder if he got coffee to go at Chik-Fil-a? Because if he did that is one other thing that should have jolted his memory. That cup...in his hand...on his desk.

I didn't say many many or very very.

You're twisting.

And on that note, gotta run get stuff done.

No there's not! Having taken kids to the ER before, and my friends have, I can tell you you can arrive with a injured child who needs stitches, their stomach pumped, broken bones set, burns treated, and there's no investigation unless something looks very, very "off".

If a child dies I'm sure there would be an investigation but if everything otherwise seems normal with the parents there is no investigation.

BBM

The above is your post and the one that I originally responded too.

I am not twisting and I am very clear with what I read above.

But we can agree to disagree.

Is this a generic photo of a child, or is it a photo of this child?

http://www.ljwd.org/tag/justin-ross-harris/

This is a very good question. I don't think it is Cooper because the chin is not pointy enough, but I can't be sure. I would ask the reporter, but I can't find her contact info.

Salem

I just did a google image search for this picture and it seems to be only linked to this one story at this moment.

IMO it is probably a stock photo/generic kid in a car seat.

Yesterday my 8 year old nephew passed away in his sleep. He is now free from the life long suffering he endured having cp. He was never able to talk, walk, turn himself over or even swallow food. The only thing he could do was smile and that smile never left his lips. My brother and sister in law are devastated as am I. I hope Cooper is up there teaching him how to run.

:grouphug: Canadian...:praying:

Some laws don't seem to place much value on the life of a child it seems. I'm still scratching my head over a college friend who spent 20 actual years in prison over having a pot plant in his kitchen.:moo:

but... Did he KILL the pot plant? :sleuth:

:leaf:

(Sorry... :facepalm:)

This is a very good question. I don't think it is Cooper because the chin is not pointy enough, but I can't be sure. I would ask the reporter, but I can't find her contact info.

Salem

Thanks. I'll assume that it's a generic photo for now.

You misread. I said if there is a death, there will be an investigation.

Otherwise, (meaning no death, just an injury) there won't be an investigation unless something seems off.

BBM. Your statement isn't true at least in my state. Any accident involving a child that requires a trip to the ER involves questions from the ER staff as to how it happened. Those questions are investigatory. The questions and answers are recorded in the medical record. If the staff believes the injury doesn't fit with the explanation, police or CPS will be called.

JMO

Hate to even ask, but did Cooper show any signs of a chronic health condition or some sort of behavioral issue? Only wondering because Mom says in one breath she wouldn't bring him back if she could, yet goes on to say she would have another (different?) child with R.

I just did a google image search for this picture and it seems to be only linked to this one story at this moment.

IMO it is probably a stock photo/generic kid in a car seat.

It might have been missed. You're right, it's not him.
I believe I found the source. It was from a video of a reporting from Arizona.
See here for the details, my previous post of that matter:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5
I provided a link to the source, which was an article from 2013. FOX 4 Kansas City started to use it so all the recent results are tied to this case, but it's not Cooper.

The new warrant filed late Tuesday also downgrades one charge against Harris from first-degree child cruelty to second-degree child cruelty. First-degree cruelty to children requires that a person "willfully deprives the child necessary sustenance," while second-degree cruelty to children is caused by "criminal negligence" under Georgia law.

http://www.blufftontoday.com/bluffton-news/2014-06-26/warrant-man-returned-hot-suv-son-inside

I don't know why that article chose the first definition for 1st degree. I think it is the 2nd one..maliciously, that they are working on proving. jmo

(b) Any person commits the offense of cruelty to children in the first degree when such person maliciously causes a child under the age of 18 cruel or excessive physical or mental pain.

http://law.onecle.com/georgia/16/16-5-70.html

The new warrant filed late Tuesday also downgrades one charge against Harris from first-degree child cruelty to second-degree child cruelty. First-degree cruelty to children requires that a person "willfully deprives the child necessary sustenance," while second-degree cruelty to children is caused by "criminal negligence" under Georgia law.

http://www.blufftontoday.com/bluffton-news/2014-06-26/warrant-man-returned-hot-suv-son-inside

Here's Georgia's first degree child cruelty statute.

(a) A parent, guardian, or other person supervising the welfare of or having immediate charge or custody of a child under the age of 18 commits the offense of cruelty to children in the first degree when such person willfully deprives the child of necessary sustenance to the extent that the child's health or well-being is jeopardized.

(b) Any person commits the offense of cruelty to children in the first degree when such person maliciously causes a child under the age of 18 cruel or excessive physical or mental pain.

Section (a) talks about "sustenance." Section (b) talks about maliciously causing excessive physical or mental pain.

First degree child cruelty would need malice to be a factor for it to be used in this case. JMO.

http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-5/article-5/16-5-70/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members