GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars come with alerts to remind you to fasten your seat belt. If a weight sensor can trigger a seat belt alarm maybe it could also trigger an alarm when the car is turned off and there is weight on the back seats?

When car buzzers go off all of the time people tend to ignore them. If they worked well people would never lock their keys in their cars or leave their headlights on. I have a feeling that a seat alarm would have the same problem. JMO.

True, but he only vomited much later (days?) when talking to the police not while driving.

I think that vomiting was due to total sickening realization that the horrible smell was from his beloved granddaughter.

you know --- their a/c required repair if I recall correctly ((for the condo)) would be interesting to know when exactly that occurred and the details of the temperature etc and if there was any concern at that time for safety of wee lad.

They reported that they were told by both parents that they searched. I still haven't seen it independently verified.

And also, why do you need to search how hot the car has to be for death? Is any amount of time in a car alone acceptable? Did they really need to research (both being from the hot south) how hot the car needs to be for death?

How hot?? That was the search. Don't understand it. He didn't search 'how to prevent child deaths in hot cars'.

I don't understand it either...frankly I am gobsmacked.

I am from the hot south....nobody needs to tell you that hot is hot and you cannot breathe because it is so dang humid.

I do. I think that many people don't know that a 70 degree car in the sun and with the windows rolled up can be like an oven in a few mins.

I can totally see the search without any evil intent.

Any adult who drives knows a car parked in the summer sunshine is going to be like an oven in a few minutes. It doesn't take additional research on the Internet to come to that conclusion. The only reason I can come up with for doing such a search is to prove a point to someone else.

JMO

Cars can beep and seats vibrate when you get too close in traffic. They can anticipate a traffic problem 3 cars ahead and slow you down. If people squaked enough and it became mandatory like airbags
there would be some way to protect them legally.

We can open our doors with our smartphones. Turn on the lights adjust the temp.
Doing nothing makes no sense to me.

I need to look at that smartphone interactive car seat again!
moo

IMO, the only reason you need to know what temp leads to death is if you intend to leave someone in the car.

I don't care if it's 40 degrees outside, you don't leave a child in the car.

There is no safe temp IMO

BBM. Or you've already done it and the other parent has objected.

JMO

I don't know. If the smell was HORRIBLE - that's one thing. I'm very curious to hear what others said about the odor at the scene - I'm sure the car was taken to forensics and gone over. If I open the car up and a FOUL odor whooshes out at me, I would search it before getting in.

If I got in and the car smelled funky, and as I drove more it smelled funkier, I think I'd first imagine some awful thing was in the atmosphere. I'd turn the AC to "recirc" and maybe roll down a window to see if the smell was coming from outside.

I guess the basis of this is that I don't believe a baby would smell all THAT foul after such a short period. A cop saying it "stunk to high heaven" might indicate he could detect an odor he knew - human decomposition - in that car. It may not turn out that the smell was so awful as the media says.

Coroners wouldn't be able to do their jobs if little babies like that stunk to high heaven after 4 hours, IMHO.

IMO Coroners smell dead bodies which are alot worse than that. They still have to perform autopsys.

I'm not a child killer so I'd do NOTHING like THE ACCUSED.

SURELY J knew where those med offices/hospitals were if he drove the
same route day after day. Thing is he didn't JUST DISCOVER baby Cooper was in the car.

LE said it was something more than that..not a dad forgetting...that's why the accused is sitting in jail without bond.

cbm

As an aside... It would be interesting to find out where the Harrises took Cooper for medical attention and/or doctor appointments...

I wonder if any of the medical facilities,he pased on his way to the pizza shop was the one(s) the Harrises used?

I also wonder... If the plans to meet with friends for drinks after work are true... Is in the strip mall (with pizzaria) where JRH was planning to meet with those friends?

:dunno:

But wouldn't you look for that cat or diaper? Wouldn't you look for the source of the smell before you got in that hot car that had been sitting in the parking lot all day? I can't imagine getting into a car that reeks without finding the source and taking care of it, kwim? I certainly am not going to drive around anywhere in a car that reeks. I just can't imagine this - just get in and drive away...... small, hot car and no way to get past the smell.

Yeah - that's not happening for me. One smell and one look at that car seat, it would have been 911. Unless of course the guy is brain dead. I don't know, maybe that is a possibility, but otherwise, there is just no way to explain this to my satisfaction.

Salem
Said as a member, not a moderator, so please feel free to disagree.

Since I live in Florida, I would check for squirrels or old pizza. :floorlaugh:

Has any information been published concerning who he may have been calling while the bystander was performing CPR on Cooper? I'm just curious about this since he was told by LE to tell his wife about Cooper's death. I'm wondering who it was he called prior to LE arriving on the scene.

Since I live in Florida, I would check for squirrels or old pizza. :floorlaugh:

You went there momshrink,roflmbo.
I had almost forgotten the squirrels and old pizza:loveyou:

I used to quote CA verbatim....'you know how bad pizza smells after being in a hot car?" Omg, that case.

The First Years True Fit™ IAlert™ Convertible Car Seat…:
I won't be having any more babies, but I would think about purchasing this for a grandbaby.
Maybe the price will go down before mine are born!!
Still people can't solely rely on electronics, I worry that might happen.
http://youtu.be/J7kYpbYXoK4

You're right -- until the trial is finished and a jury renders its verdict (or he pleads guilty prior), we don't know.

Would you agree there is enough evidence to arrest and try? Not with intent to murder (premeditated) but with felony murder (abuse or negligence resulting in death AKA "not an accident")?

You didn't ask me, but even if it was an "accident" ( which I do not believe it was), it still rises to gross negligence. There is "duty of care". If the babysitter, teacher, day care worker, or bus driver left him in the car/bus, people would be calling for their head.

imo

You went there momshrink,roflmbo.
I had almost forgotten the squirrels and old pizza:loveyou:

I used to quote CA verbatim....'you know how bad pizza smells after being in a hot car?" Omg, that case.

Nurse of decomposition.

One poster stated that RH pulled in back of the pizza restaurant instead of in front with all the shops and doors. If this is so I find it odd. Perhaps he panicked and was looking for a dumpster? Were all the witnesses out back? Also were the friends he was supposed to meet there? That would be interesting to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat