GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose you are speaking from experience at your own child's funeral. If so I am sorry for your loss. But if not, then this is what I find unfair. We don't know how we'd really act. Especially in a situation like this. We don't know what we'd do or say. I know what I'd like to do. I know how I'd like to act but having never been in this experience I find it unnecessary to even voice an opinion on the matter.

In hind sight if we find out she had some involvement, that's different. But for now I think it's inappropriate. IMHO.

As a matter of fact I did lose a child. My mother lost two. All very young and natural causes.

Great article packed with facts, if it is accurate info. Along with other things mentioned, it was the passenger's side door that he opened at lunch.

"Police said on Wednesday that Harris actually RETURNED to his car at lunch while at work to put something in the front passenger seat"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-animal-die-hot-car-toddler-son-died-way.html

More family pictures are here:

http://hollywoodlife.com/pics/justi...oss-cooper-harris-researched-baby-deaths-ftr/

leanna-justin-ross-cooper-harris-researched-baby-deaths-ftr.jpg

As a matter of fact I did lose a child. My mother lost two. All very young and natural causes.

I am sorry for your loss. But I am also pretty sure you didn't have the same situation going on as she does.

Thanks for spelling this out! :seeya:

There's a few bumps in this theory. Any investigation as to how long it would take a child to die in the car, shows that a child can die within 15 minutes. Had the windows to the car been left cracked open, MAYBE I could consider that this is a possibility. But there's no way that someone researched this issue and then left a child in the car with the windows up for even a little while.

In addition, there are plenty of parents who leave their kids at day cares sick. Unless we find that the daycare had previously refused to take him, then there is no reason for them to have done this.

Especially since he worked so close to the daycare. He could have just said, "call me if he gets too sick." We haven't heard of a pressing deadline for him to be there that day. We haven't heard of him taking too much time off work.

And by law, (I'm pretty sure, perhaps someone can check) but up here, if you SHOW up for work and then leave, you are not docked for taking time off. There's just no way it was that important for the father to be at work that day.

Well of course I agree nothing is important enough to do this. But some people do stupid, selfish, heartless things. Who knows, maybe he left the car running with a/c on and car stalled. Do we know the windows were up? There's a lot we don't know. I'm not saying this is the way I think it happened, just saying I think it COULD have. I'm saying it's the ONLY scenerio where an accident is plausible. The charges have me confused. If LE believes there was intent, why isn't he being charged as such? I know it's been discussed to death, but I am still not clear on why they charged the way that they did.

And please make no mistake, I have zero sympathy for this father. I am not trying to find excuses for him.

Well I guess I'm distasteful then. I'm just not the kind of person who would be honoring a lousy father at the funeral of the child he killed. Following the coffin while still talking to the killer and telling him she loves him.....I had all the sympathy in the world for her until she made it all about her husband as if Cooper didn't matter at his own funeral. My heart is with this child. And I don't believe in standing by a killer whether it was my husband or my son who did the killing. I suppose thats what is meant by the Cindy Anthony remark. Cindy Anthony dishonored her poor murdered grandchild too.:moo:

It occurs to me that if this was her boyfriend and not her husband that did this there would be a lot less sympathy for her "standing by" him.

Once again I am way behind but I can't help but wonder if the same people who believe this was an accident, or any other case for that matter where the parent "forgets" their child in the car, would think the same way if it was a babysitter instead of a parent. What if a babysitter left your (nobody specific, just in general terms) child in a car? I think most of us would be quick to want our babysitter arrested in this case, because accident or not they failed at their responsibility to care for our child and our child ended up dying as a result. Why are we as a society so quick to give a pass to parents who fail to protect their children in that same way? JMO

It occurs to me that if this was her boyfriend and not her husband that did this there would be a lot less sympathy for her "standing by" him.

Not on my account. At this point she's a victim. Unless she's been charged with a crime it could be completely naive thinking on her part. I've seen too many women just have total blinders on when it comes to sociopaths. Not to mention she's got IMO borderline delusional religious beliefs. I've seen a lot of that too in my life. I don't agree with it, but I've seen what it does to people.

Question. On the link with the pictures

http://hollywoodlife.com/pics/justin-ross-harris-son-pics/#!19/justin-ross-harris-dad-killed-boy-5/

Both this picture and another picture that are taken from a distant vantage point, we can see straight into the car even though the windows are tinted. I can see the headrest from inside the car.

I'm wondering if anyone has a similar car or another car with tinted windows. Does it make it harder to see when you are right on top of the car? Because from this view I can't even fathom how someone standing next to the car wouldn't see the child immediately when standing next to the driver's side door. It's not a large car by any means. :waitasec:

Once again I am way behind but I can't help but wonder if the same people who believe this was an accident, or any other case for that matter where the parent "forgets" their child in the car, would think the same way if it was a babysitter instead of a parent. What if a babysitter left your (nobody specific, just in general terms) child in a car? I think most of us would be quick to want our babysitter arrested in this case, because accident or not they failed at their responsibility to care for our child and our child ended up dying as a result. Why are we as a society so quick to give a pass to parents who fail to protect their children in that same way? JMO

I've asked this before myself. And IMO it's because people treat babies and children like they are the possessions of the parent and an extension of the parent. They don't view the child as an individual victim with basic human rights because they are "just a baby." I've seen more people get angry over a dog being left to die in a car than I do a baby or child.

And in another opinion, I think people justify being too busy these days. I posted in another thread that it makes no sense to me why the responsibility isn't MORE on the parent when they strap a child into a car seat, with no real hope of escaping the situation bar a stranger breaking in the window. Why isn't this considered the height of irresponsibility? I presume it's because most parents prioritize other things over the well being of their children (for example their job) and therefore it's excusable and understandable to them when the job takes precedence over a child's life. Children are often treated like accessories to a "successful happy life." They are not valued inherently as human beings. It's really bizarre.

Something else has been niggling at me. I hope it doesn't sound 'nitpicky. But it really stood out to me the way that mom described how Cooper's joyful birth affected them/

She said he ' turned our lives upside down.' I know that babies change our lives immensely. But 'turning upside down' is kind of a negative description, imo. I wonder if that is a clue somehow to how they were affected?

Great point. The fact they supposedly had "a hard time conceiving" makes it even stranger!

In the case of an accidental pregnancy one could understand that statement (not at a funeral, of course), but in this case they apparently planned him! How stupid can people be?

Based on what we have seen so far they really sucked at planning things, they appear to NEVER think things through ahead of time! I have a feeling these folks are very very selfish.

Well I guess I'm distasteful then. I'm just not the kind of person who would be honoring a lousy father at the funeral of the child he killed. Following the coffin while still talking to the killer and telling him she loves him.....I had all the sympathy in the world for her until she made it all about her husband as if Cooper didn't matter at his own funeral. My heart is with this child. And I don't believe in standing by a killer whether it was my husband or my son who did the killing. I suppose thats what is meant by the Cindy Anthony remark. Cindy Anthony dishonored her poor murdered grandchild too.:moo:

I must also be distasteful. :eek:
What I find distasteful, tacky and totally inappropriate is Mrs. Ross talking on a cell during her son's funeral. But that is JMO.

Great article packed with facts, if it is accurate info. Along with other things mentioned, it was the passenger's side door that he opened at lunch.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-animal-die-hot-car-toddler-son-died-way.html

http://hollywoodlife.com/pics/justi...oss-cooper-harris-researched-baby-deaths-ftr/

The chain of events that occurred in this case, does not point to simple negligence , and evidence will be presented, to support this allegation.

Yes Cherie I have screen shot. I just think it might be parking to ball game but don't know how to confirm but will save just in case it mall parking lot or something like that .

Has anyone figured out what the map is all about on Roscoeua's photobucket. Probably nothing relevant but am curious. http://s132.photobucket.com/user/RoscoeUA/media/Misc Temp/starkvillemap.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Notice the street called Martin Luther King Drive....that implies an urban area and that makes me think sports stadium. I don't think that is Atlanta, but just about every city in the South with a large black population has a road named after M.L.K..

My guess he was probably meeting up with friends to attend a football game or other sporting event and posted a map online to show people where to park.

BBM

Hi Judicious,

The funeral was not paid for by HD. They have a charity fund that others contribute to that is called The Homer Fund.

In lieu of flowers or donations, the Harris family asked people to contribute to the Homer Fund.

I believe this was a very generous gesture, and gave the family the opportunity to make sure Cooper received a proper funeral/burial.

The Homer Fund is a charity exclusively for associates of the Home Depot and its family of companies and benefits many people. You can find their web-site on-line.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/27/justice/georgia-toddler-death-duplicate-2/

A charity fund at Harris's employer, The Home Depot, will pay for the funeral, company spokeswoman Catherine Woodling told CNN. Harris, who worked as a web designer, has been placed on unpaid administrative leave, she said.
The funding of the funeral from the Home Depot charity, the Homer Fund, is a "standard approach," she said.

Best,

Melanie

In this day and age when life insurance for a primary person, many times, includes an additional benefit for your children, I find it really incredible that he didn't have insurance to pay for his son's funeral. I'm not working, and I have life insurance that covers both me, and my kids -- the kids' portion is only enough to pay for a funeral, but still.

So...this bit of news makes me wonder if he even has any life insurance, period. I've never heard of a company fund that pays for the burials of its' employees children. That is just bizarro. So..when you get hired at HD, and you're going through the benefits program, the HR person says to you, "Hey, no need for life insurance for your kids...we have that covered??"

Am I missing something here? If so, someone, please, fill in the blanks!

Well of course I agree nothing is important enough to do this. But some people do stupid, selfish, heartless things. Who knows, maybe he left the car running with a/c on and car stalled. Do we know the windows were up? There's a lot we don't know. I'm not saying this is the way I think it happened, just saying I think it COULD have. I'm saying it's the ONLY scenerio where an accident is plausible. The charges have me confused. If LE believes there was intent, why isn't he being charged as such? I know it's been discussed to death, but I am still not clear on why they charged the way that they did.

And please make no mistake, I have zero sympathy for this father. I am not trying to find excuses for him.

His car did not stall. He did not leave his car running with the a/c turned on. View a few of the pictures of the vehicle. Moments ago, I posted two links of pictures. They are very revealing. The vehicle's windows all look up to me.

The DAs office would have a most difficult time prosecuting JHarris with a crime of malice that they cannot prove.

The second-degree warrant says Harris "did with criminal negligence causes (sic) a child under the age of 18 cruel or excessive physical or mental pain."

The earlier, first-degree child cruelty warrant said the crime occurs when a person "willfully deprives the child of necessary sustenance to the extent that the child's health or well-being is jeopardized. ..."

"There's a difference between negligence and gross negligence," Cobb Police spokesman Mike Bowman said at a press conference. "The thing about the negligence is that it could happen to anybody. The gross negligence shows that there's some other circumstances revolving around this."

The link also has a great video report for those who have the time to listen....
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/justice/georgia-toddler-death/index.html

Got lots of pages to read through still but if Cooper had a fever from being sick or teething, he may have died a lot earlier than we think inside of that vehicle. JMO

If that, at the very least, did not jog his memory, then this is a person who has never bonded with his child, and never thinks of this child when the child is not in his direct line of vision. It just flies in the face of reason to think that nothing jogged his memory until the moment he saw his dead child lying on the ground.

ITA. I keep thinking of the bonding issue as it relates to forgetting ones child. I don't have children of my own, but I have a stepdaughter. She's 16 and didn't move in with hubby and I until 2 months before she turned 12. We don't have that mother/daughter bond and I can only imagine what that bond is like, yet I STILL can't think how a parent could forget their child. She and my husband are always on my mind, even when I am not with them. Depending on what I'm doing they may be in the back of my mind but they are constantly there. How much more so with bonded parents. I think that's why I have the hardest time imagining how any parent could truly forget their child, let alone outright murder them as I believe happened in this case.

Cooper was in bed with mom and dad for two nights in a row and I just beat that pissed dad right off. I do wonder what was wrong with wee Cooper.

And early Wednesday, police said that 'during lunch said accused did access the same vehicle through the driver's side door to place an object into the vehicle.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-car-toddler-son-died-way.html#ixzz36DR9nk1Y
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member