GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If ya put out some water and a loaf of bread..they can feed themselves;)

Or call for delivery!

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's tempting but I have college students home - I actually enjoy cooking for them - but these discussions just move so fast! I am always behind :)

I might have to resort to bread and water on Thursday, though......:floorlaugh:

Good grief...if the above is true....

I'm wondering how his wife .. Nevermind... Sitting on fingers...

Yes, the red casket doesn't seem tacky or odd to me either. We had a death in the family of a beautiful little 4 year old boy. He wanted to be a fireman, his casket was fire engine red. The local FD honored my little cousin with a fireman's funeral, complete with one of the old fashioned engine carrying the casket from the church to the burial. So again, I don't read much into what color the casket was.

~Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's a very touching story mnegri1973! It must have meant so much to the entire family to have such a wonderful tribute to their little one.

I'm still 8 pages behind (had to feed my family .....sigh......) but I know the Thursday hearing has been discussed. Does anyone know if he does get bail will he be allowed to leave the state of Ga.?

I'm thinking he might go to parents or in-laws in Ala. to get away from the spotlight here. I imagine thanks to CNN etc. he would be recognized everywhere anyway!

truthfully, the whole issue around whether he gets bail is confusing for me....I think in some ways he would be better off there in jail as it would be a frenzy of followers (I would think)

For those searching for motive:

An Overview of Filicide

One of the most influential classifications of child murder was created in 1969 by Phillip Resnick. He reviewed 131 cases of filicide committed by both men and women that were discussed in psychiatric literature dating from 1751 to 1967.

He developed five categories to account for the motives driving parents to kill their children:

1. Altruistic filicide—The parent kills the child because it is perceived to be in the best interest of the child.
A. Acts associated with parental suicidal ideation—The parent may believe that the world is too cruel to leave the child behind after his or her death.
B. Acts meant to relieve the suffering of the child—The child has a disability, either real or imagined, that the parent finds intolerable.

2. Acutely psychotic filicide—The parent, responding to psychosis, kills the child with no other rational motive. This category may also include incidents that occur secondary to automatisms related to seizures or activities taking place in a post-ictal state.

3. Unwanted child filicide—The parent kills the child, who is regarded as a hindrance. This category also includes parents who benefit from the death of the child in some way (e.g., inheriting insurance money, marrying a partner who does not want step- children).

4. Accidental filicide—The parent unintentionally kills the child as a result of abuse. This category includes the rarely occurring Munchausen syndrome by proxy.

5. Spouse revenge filicide—The parent kills the child as a means of exacting revenge upon the spouse, perhaps secondary to infidelity or abandonment.

The most common motive in Resnick’s study was altruism. In total, this category accounted for 49 percent of the cases reviewed. The least common motive was spousal revenge, which accounted for only two percent of the murders. This comprehensive classification system can be applied to both female and male perpetrators.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2922347/

So this object he put in the car - he opened the driver's side door and placed the object where? In the passenger seat? In the driver's seat? Obviously NOT in the back seat, right? Because if it was in the backseat, he would have had to remember Cooper at that point - no getting around it.

Just interesting.........

Salem

I read somewhere he placed something inside the driver side door. Maybe I read it wrong. JMO I will look for a link.

1. could tell if the deed was over
2. could tell if someone approached the vehicle ((i.e. security patrol ))

What would he do if someone spotted Cooper and busted the window to save him?

I think the comments had more to do with a muggy, 90* day than his BMI zone. Please link him working as a football official.

I'm pretty sure all sources lead back to reddit on the ref issue. I've seen it mentioned in an article or two but I'm sure Reddit is their source too. I'm trying to think if I know anyone who refs. I have a few old teammates coaching but none in Cobb that I can think of...

off topic
Has everyone seen the latest news in the Amanda Knox media thread?

What would he do if someone spotted Cooper and busted the window to save him?

I think that's where he would have had to run out of the office....running....and he would be able to have his meltdown then with oh my what have I done.

I'm pretty sure all sources lead back to reddit on the ref issue. I've seen it mentioned in an article or two but I'm sure Reddit is their source too. I'm trying to think if I know anyone who refs. I have a few old teammates coaching but none in Cobb that I can think of...

I can tell you it was at the high school level

And with cameras allowed in the courtroom, they will cover it ad nauseum.

I hope they don't overdo it (covering it w/o any new info) b/c a lot of victims in high-profile cases did not get justice. I am not saying that it is b/c of the media coverage, but who knows. I definitely think the defendant can use the media interest to their advantage, whether it is getting a high-powered lawyer pro-bono, getting paid for interviews, or a book deal.

I worked with someone who toggled their cam into their iPhone and could tell what was happening 24/7 -- bit creepy -- but it works for those compulsive souls who MUST know what's going on in their office, store, home, garage etc

That's a very touching story mnegri1973! It must have meant so much to the entire family to have such a wonderful tribute to their little one.

The local FD even put this name on a helmet and jacket. The Des Moines Register had pictures. It was very touching. It was just so sad due to he was hit by a car, tragic accident. The lady who hit him was in her 80's and didn't see him until it was to late.

In the case of my cousin it really was a tragic accident and he was given a beautiful tribute. Then poor little Cooper's funeral was turned into a 3 ring circus. Cases like this make my heart hurt and yet, also makes me want to break something.

~Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members