GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea. I'm reserving my opinion until after the hearing...assuming we get some "solid" information, especially video (if it exists) from the parking lot.

I will say, I am leaning towards Cooper's death as NOT being an accident. JMO. Also, if I was on the jury, a reenactment or whatever it's called...where they have the EXACT vehicle, with the EXACT child seat in the EXACT position it was in JH's vehicle, and a mannequin the EXACT size and weight of Cooper for me to see, or not see, with my own eyes. From pics posted upthread of the child seat in that type of vehicle, I simply, for the life of me, CAN NOT see how JRH did not see that baby. MOO. I'm rearranging my schedule for tomorrow so that I can be here at home for the hearing. Hopefully, we'll know a whole lot more.

BBM, at the risk of sounding like the broken record of someone beating a dead horse, the current charges do NOT require premeditation or malice and do encompass Cooper's death being an accident. A horrible accident that caused excessive mental or physical suffering to a child and occurred due to the negligence of someone who should have taken due care to prevent it.

There doesn't have to be a smoking gun of premeditation tomorrow for the current charges to stand. I realize that wasn't what you were saying, but I feel it bears repeating that under Georgia law JRH didn't have to intend to kill or hurt his child for these charges to be brought.

I cannot fathom what the "terrible news" is. Little Cooper died a horrible death what's more terrible than that?

That your father and/or mother, the people you trust to take care of you, did it...on purpose.

I will preface this by saying that I have a nasty, suspicious mind, which has been finely honed by time spent on WS reading the (unfortunately) many cases of parents doing the unthinkable to their own children for reasons that are unfathomable to the rest of us. It is safe to say that I was MUCH more naive and trusting wrt to what I believed to be the basic goodness of people in general when I first arrived on this site because I just hadn't delved too deeply into the horrible, neglectful things people do to children they profess to love. (I still believe that most people are basically good, it's just that this belief is now a bit battered and ragged around the edges.)

Anyway, I was thinking about a case I followed here a few months ago (April '14) in which the mother left her two young children in her car in 100+ degrees internal temperature while she went on a job interview. There was an outpouring of massive sympathy and support for this woman (who was charged with child endangerment) and an online fundraiser garnered over $100,000.

Repeating--over $100,000, which the accused (her trial is in September) has received and used, among other things, to find herself a place to live. Her children were removed from her care (because they were lucky, and were found by someone and therefore lived) but the mother promises that she'll use the funds to 'build a future for them.'

So I hear this tremendous outpouring of sympathy and support for a parent who left her children in a hot car but managed not to kill them and the $100,000 payoff that brought her and.....I wonder.

Yes, I wonder.

Omg! Weird! I just finished telling my SIL about that case and was wondering the same thing.

Is anyone watching Nancy Grace? They are driving the routes, very telling!

BBM, at the risk of sounding like the broken record of someone beating a dead horse, the current charges do NOT require premeditation or malice and do encompass Cooper's death being an accident. A horrible accident that caused excessive mental or physical suffering to a child and occurred due to the negligence of someone who should have taken due care to prevent it.

There doesn't have to be a smoking gun of premeditation tomorrow for the current charges to stand. I realize that wasn't what you were saying, but I feel it bears repeating that under Georgia law JRH didn't have to intend to kill or hurt his child for these charges to be brought.

Exactly! All they have to prove his he harmed Cooper by being criminally negligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme