GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, OM, and I'm keeping my mouth shut. I just had to eat my bra in the Nathan O'Brien thread. I need sleep. These cases keep me up at night.

It was a bag. :D

But seriously these cases cause me to lose sleep too. :(

I will preface this by saying that I have a nasty, suspicious mind, which has been finely honed by time spent on WS reading the (unfortunately) many cases of parents doing the unthinkable to their own children for reasons that are unfathomable to the rest of us. It is safe to say that I was MUCH more naive and trusting wrt to what I believed to be the basic goodness of people in general when I first arrived on this site because I just hadn't delved too deeply into the horrible, neglectful things people do to children they profess to love. (I still believe that most people are basically good, it's just that this belief is now a bit battered and ragged around the edges.)

Anyway, I was thinking about a case I followed here a few months ago (April '14) in which the mother left her two young children in her car in 100+ degrees internal temperature while she went on a job interview. There was an outpouring of massive sympathy and support for this woman (who was charged with child endangerment) and an online fundraiser garnered over $100,000.

Repeating--over $100,000, which the accused (her trial is in September) has received and used, among other things, to find herself a place to live. Her children were removed from her care (because they were lucky, and were found by someone and therefore lived) but the mother promises that she'll use the funds to 'build a future for them.'

So I hear this tremendous outpouring of sympathy and support for a parent who left her children in a hot car but managed not to kill them and the $100,000 payoff that brought her and.....I wonder.

Yes, I wonder.

Probably pulled because of the info coming out tomorrow. jmo

Yeah, that's my guess. I was just wondering since a few members speculated that JRH might use those funds to help make bail if it's granted tomorrow.

And I am free to presume he is innocent. I would like that to be done for me or someone I love.

Don't get me wrong. If tomorrow they come out and say they have him on camera doing something crazy or with some other solid evidence, I could flip to guilty, but it is too soon for me. I need more facts:)

You've expressed my sentiments as well. I need to see more facts before I determine if this was an accident, an accident discovered early on (at lunch) and a cover-up attempt thereafter, an attempted cover-up of an earlier death at home, a deliberate act, the number of people involved, etc.

Until we know more, I'm "listening" to all reasonable input and processing it accordingly. That's in no way saying I expect everyone else to do the same. It's just the way I approach things.

I am still unclear as to why the day care doesn't seem to have called, when Cooper did not show up. I think I read that they "don't always get around to it"? Really? I have never had kids, but is that a normal or acceptable response, if true?

Its totally normal IMO. I asked 4 friends and not one gets a call from daycare. Only pre-k and that's after a couple of days. My daighter's preschool doesn't call either. Daycare doesn't have a set schedule. Kids are dropped of and picked up at random times throughout the day. The teachers don't really know and it can change from day to day. Honestly it would be an admin nightmare

Yeah, that's my guess. I was just wondering since a few members speculated that JRH might use those funds to help make bail if it's granted tomorrow.

MsMarple, :seeya:
I feel pretty certain that you're right about why that was pulled. ( If in fact it was.)
Attnys will be watching things closely, even things posted on line. imo

gonna be pretty dag nabbed quiet around here if no one discusses theorizes or opines til after each accused is found guilty by a court of law.

Yea. I'm reserving my opinion until after the hearing...assuming we get some "solid" information, especially video (if it exists) from the parking lot.

I will say, I am leaning towards Cooper's death as NOT being an accident. JMO. Also, if I was on the jury, a reenactment or whatever it's called...where they have the EXACT vehicle, with the EXACT child seat in the EXACT position it was in JH's vehicle, and a mannequin the EXACT size and weight of Cooper for me to see, or not see, with my own eyes. From pics posted upthread of the child seat in that type of vehicle, I simply, for the life of me, CAN NOT see how JRH did not see that baby. MOO. I'm rearranging my schedule for tomorrow so that I can be here at home for the hearing. Hopefully, we'll know a whole lot more.

Its totally normal IMO. I asked 4 friends and not one gets a call from daycare. Only pre-k and that's after a couple of days. My daighter's preschool doesn't call either. Daycare doesn't have a set schedule. Kids are dropped of and picked up at random times throughout the day. The teachers don't really know and it can change from day to day. Honestly it would be an admin nightmare

I can't imagine day cares wanting the responsibility or the liability of calling.
IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since 1976, when the death penalty was reinstated by the U.S. Supreme Court, 1,382 people have been executed. (as of June 2014)

November 6, 2012 - A measure to repeal the death penalty in California fails.

May 2, 2013 - Maryland's governor signs a bill repealing the death penalty. The legislation goes into effect October 1.

June 26, 2013 - Texas executes its 500th prisoner since 1982, Kimberly McCarthy, for the 1997 murder of Dorothy Booth. McCarthy is the first female executed in the U.S. since 2010.

November 20, 2013 - Missouri executes white supremacist serial killer Joseph Paul Franklin for the 1977 murder of Gerald Gordon. He was blamed for 22 killings between 1977 and 1980.

January 16, 2014 - Ohio executes inmate Dennis McGuire with a new combination of drugs, due to the unavailability of drugs such as pentobarbital. The state used a combination of the drugs midazolam, a sedative, and the painkiller hydromorphone, according to the state corrections department. According to witness Alan Johnson of the Columbus Dispatch, the whole execution process took 24 minutes, and McGuire appeared to be gasping for air for 10 to 13 minutes.

February 11, 2014 - Washington Gov. Jay Inslee announces that he is issuing a moratorium on death penalty cases during his term in office.

May 22, 2014 - Tennessee becomes the first state to make death by electric chair mandatory when lethal injection drugs are unavailable.

May 28, 2014 - A judge in Ohio issues an order temporarily suspending executions in the state so that authorities can further study new lethal injection protocols.

It could have gone for a retainer for his lawyer.
JMO

All childcare/daycares are different I guess. I asked 3 friends with children aged 3-5 and they receive calls if their child is absent.

New thread coming up. This one will close shortly.

Salem

New thread here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10693707#post10693707"]GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

You have 5 minutes to move it over, before this thread closes.

Salem

Honestly, now looking at it I do think he took the picture, he seems to be concentrating on just that, taking a picture. I also think he did it knowing the picture of her would be in the center of the picture. jmo

I'm pretty sure you can see the bottom corners of the picture, slightly out from the lamp? I think it's a picture taped there. And her face would be distorted if it was a reflection. The square beside her, to me, that looks like a computer monitor, when you consider the relative size. Just my :twocents:

ETA sorry, I jumped in before I realized how long the lamp thing went on :) think you guys had all tr angles covered!

MsMarple, :seeya:
I feel pretty certain that you're right about why that was pulled. ( If in fact it was.)
Attnys will be watching things closely, even things posted on line. imo

Harris slush fund by Heather no longer available on youcaring.com

I assume Harris family will try to use the $22,675 fund to get bail. Local tv interviewed a defense lawyer and he mentioned Harris using his home for bail. Do these attorneys do any homework before giving interviews. Harris is renting.

Harris slush fund by Heather no longer available on youcaring.com

I assume Harris family will try to use the $22,675 fund to get bail. Local tv interviewed a defense lawyer and he mentioned Harris using his home for bail. Do these attorneys do any homework before giving interviews. Harris is renting.

THANKS!~ :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member