GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question. One of the reasons I never forgot my child in the car even though when she was Cooper's age, I only had her every other week is that every time we were in the car together on our way to daycare, we were engaged. Even if she didn't talk to me, I would talk to her. I'd point out things that were going by, etc. When she was rear facing, I did this even moreso because I wanted her to hear my voice and know I was there. That even if she couldn't see me, I hadn't abandoned her. After I found her slumped over in her carseat the day we took her home from the hospital, I also used mirrors so I could make sure she was okay. Do most people not do this? I thought all of those things were very common. I don't see how you would forget someone you were talking to, but maybe I'm just weird. Just curious.

I always talked to mine...I think it's my fault he could talk so early. ;) Once he started, around 8 months, he never shut up. And that's the way I liked it:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions asked about mother in hot car death - 11Alive

www.11alive.com/story/news/local/...harris.../11807695/WXIA‑TV
by Rebecca Lindstrom - 2 days ago - Leanna Harris researched hot car deaths the day before her young son ... told 11Alive that the search had taken place before the day that their ...

++++++++++ bbm: results of search show the snip...

search was done on google...

just as an FYI because I myself have made this mistake. Google captures the article, the adds around it the comments beneath and mashes them all together. So snipping from a simple google search page is never a good plan because you are getting content from all over the page which is appearing to be content from the article itself.

Always a better idea to click the actual links and pull what snips you want from the site itself.

google has tripped me up a couple of times with this pitfall before I figured out what was happening.

There are plenty of people who insist they are great parents who don't take the time and precautions to prevent it. They assume it would never happen to them, so they don't bother to pay extra attention.

Being aware it could happen is what makes someone a great parent, IMHO. Admitting you could possibly someday make a mistake like that is what will prompt you to take those precautions.

(general you, btw, not direct at you :))

BBM

Apparently not in all cases. The Harris family admitted they might make that mistake, but were not prompted to take necessary precautions.

But I know what you mean and it should be true, in most cases. I never thought it would happen to me, but I did worry about my husband, admittedly. And I always kept in close contact if he was dropping off ot picking up.

It's my opinion that people are Presumed to be Innocent before being found guilty.

What do you understand the point of probable cause hearing, grand jury indictments, high bail & no bail is for?

It's because there is enough evidence to presume the person GUILTY. The prosecutor is then tasked to prove it, beyond a reasonable doubt, to a judge or jury. The court already reasonably believes the defendant is guilty.
That's when the accused rights kick in full gear. The jurors are instructed to presume innocence.....

All IMO

If this was premeditated, what are y'all thinking with regards to the alleged plan to meet up with friends for happy hour?

This is one thing I can't figure out. If he had after-work plans with buddies, why would he have chosen that particular day to leave his baby in the car?

I've been wondering about this, too. As well as wondering how common it is for a family man to go out alone for dinner/drinks/movie/whatever in the middle of the week? Maybe it was what he came up with on the spot when asked why he was going that direction? Maybe the friends didn't exist? I hope we get some answers to this tomorrow.

I always talked to mine...I think it's my fault he could talk so early. ;) Once he started, around 8 months, he never shut up. And that's the way I liked it:)

LOL Same here. Every time the car is put in park I hear "Can I come in too?" from the back seat :p

Only innocent until proven guilty in the eyes of the jurors.

The rest of us are free to believe him to be guilty and say so.

He's not sitting in jail right now with no bond because he's presumed innocent.

And I am free to presume he is innocent. I would like that to be done for me or someone I love.

Don't get me wrong. If tomorrow they come out and say they have him on camera doing something crazy or with some other solid evidence, I could flip to guilty, but it is too soon for me. I need more facts:)

Yep - we also *always* played their music and sometimes we sang along....if I forgot to turn it on - my dd would say, 'Moooo -sick mommy! Mooo-sick!"

BBM

Apparently not in all cases. The Harris family admitted they might make that mistake, but were not prompted to take necessary precautions.

But I know what you mean and it should be true, in most cases. I never thought it would happen to me, but I did worry about my husband, admittedly. And I always kept in close contact if he was dropping off ot picking up.

BBM

That's where the "in true accidents" part comes in... Personally... I'm not convinced this was a true accident yet :p

I've been wondering about this, too. As well as wondering how common it is for a family man to go out alone for dinner/drinks/movie/whatever in the middle of the week? Maybe it was what he came up with on the spot when asked why he was going that direction? Maybe the friends didn't exist? I hope we get some answers to this tomorrow.

I thought it was a Friday.

I'm still waaay behind here so apologies if I'm repeating info.

It looks like that charitable fund for JRH is gone. I can't tell if it's been moved, removed or disbursed to the family. My prior link to it now goes to the main page of the site as does clicking on various other links in Google.

Anyone know what happened?

Interesting video clip from Channel 2 news, shows interior of car just like RH's (around 1:10), and also an explanation of the difference between the 1st and 2nd degree charges.

http://article.wn.com/view/2014/06/30/Mom_of_tot_who_died_in_hot_car_also_researched_such_deaths_o/

Lots of other news clips at the link as well. Hmm, doesn't link directly, so scroll down to where it says related videos and see the list of video clips. Use the arrow to get to the one titled "Update on child who died in hot car" published June 26, 2014.

Better yet, here is the youtube link for it:

Update on child who died in hot car - YouTube

I can't get either link to play on my kindle fire hd. Guess I'll have to check my settings. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

I am still unclear as to why the day care doesn't seem to have called, when Cooper did not show up. I think I read that they "don't always get around to it"? Really? I have never had kids, but is that a normal or acceptable response, if true?

I'm still waaay behind here so apologies if I'm repeating info.

It looks like that charitable fund for JRH is gone. I can't tell if it's been moved, removed or disbursed to the family. My prior link to it now goes to the main page of the site as does clicking on various other links in Google.

Anyone know what happened?

This one? There is one other that Home Depot has that paid for Cooper's funeral. The petitions were shut down though.

Two change.org petitions urging authorities to release Harris were started and then shut down this week. One petition posted this note: "I think that based on the recent developments this petition is no longer relevant. I still pray that this was truly an accident. If that is the case, the DA now knows that the community does not want Justin prosecuted on murder charges."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/28/justice/georgia-toddler-death/

I find his silence odd. Refreshing, but odd.

Yep, OM, and I'm keeping my mouth shut. I just had to eat my bra in the Nathan O'Brien thread. I need sleep. These cases keep me up at night.

JMO some of us here want to believe the best in everyone and can't believe RH could have murdered his child. But like Randy Travis said I think terrible news is coming. Will some of you defend him then?

I cannot fathom what the "terrible news" is. Little Cooper died a horrible death what's more terrible than that?

To me it is no different than parents who lose a child to drowning or getting hit by a car. We all protect our kids. But sometimes the worst still happens.

But sometimes there is negligence involved, and sometimes it is just very bad luck. A child should not have the opportunity to drown because there should be high locked fences, and pool covers etc, that deny access. But even if a parent takes those precautions, some kids figure out where keys are, or how to climb over gates, etc. So parental supervision must be stringent.

Sadly, too many times there is just gross negligence involved.

Attractive NC school teacher found dead in Apt. Jane Velez Mitchell reporting she usually left her door unlocked. Who does that - I don't care if you live in Mayberry, NC. Her FB page was full of selfies of her face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro