GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A source close to the investigation told 11Alive that the search had taken place before the day that their son died – a fact that could be used by prosecutors to show that the death was premeditated.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l.../cooper-harris-hot-car-death-mother/11807695/

I think this is where the idea that Leanna searched the day before Cooper's death is coming from. Other reports I have seen attribute a search the day before by dad at work. In the report above I cannot find the direct quote that is being discussed. To me it appears a snip is involved that was not noted perhaps.

All reports on the timing of the searches being the day before are for now being attributed to unnamed sources inside the investigation.

HTH

I haven't read ONE article that states the searches happened the day before, only that they happened before the day Cooper died. JMO

Thanks for all the input about RH's alleged after-work plans.

I wonder if it was a previously arranged get-together, or an impromptu "Hey Ross - wanna meet up at _________ for drinks after work today?"

Whether a prior engagement or an impromptu one, he couldn't very well tell his buddies "Sorry dude - can't meet up today. Gotta wait til after I kill my kid. Rain check?"

I just don't know what to make of these alleged after work plans.

Wouldn't the after-work plans be kind of like an alibi? Like, of course, he didn't plan this out--he had plans to meet his friends. He was just a regular guy and this terrible tragedy happened. KWIM?

Do you think he forgot that he forgot he left his child in the hot car to die and accepted plans for after work? :scared:

Yikes - if he did that he's one of the dumbest criminals ever.

I don't think he forgot anything. I'm wondering (if he really did have meet-up plans) if he decided it would look better to not cancel them. If he canceled the after work plans for that day, and then on that very day his baby winds up "accidentally" dead, he may have been worried that the cancelled plans would raise suspicions.

I think maybe he thought (IF this is premeditated) that he would look less suspicious if he went about his business as usual - like we've all seen in various movies and crime series where the idiot perps think that if they don't divert from their usual routines or plans after they commit whatever crime, they won't look suspicious to LE.

To me, after reading many of his reddit comments, he comes across as a know-it-all. If this was premeditated, he obviously thought he had it all figured out.

Yes, this!:seeya:

:seeya:

momrids6,
Think of condensation; Ross did not pull over until the car had been running for 10+ minutes; I'm sure with the air on. Autopsy TOD will be helpful.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this.
Good point about condensation. Interested in the autopsy report and tox report.

I'm really doubting some of the chkfia story now... maybe true details will be given tomorrow.

I want to know why Harris initially drove south rather than north towards his home when he left work. Was he heading south to meet up with his friends? If so, why turn around and go north again and stop in a shopping center? He had his phone with him. He could have pulled over anywhere and called 911.

I also want to know why he lied to LE when they asked him if his car had been left unattended all day. He said it had been, but they discovered that he returned to his car around lunch time, opened the door, and placed something inside the car.
Did he really lie about that? I didn't realize that. If this is simply a case of forgetfulness, why lie about your actions that day? An innocent person should have no reason to lie to LE. IMO

comments under articles are not supposed to take us to speculate about Cooper's health or if possible issues existed. We got a big ole :nono: and a :rulez: last time the topic turned that direction

just sayin.

To me it appears a snip is involved that was not noted perhaps.[/B]

All reports on the timing of the searches being the day before are for now being attributed to unnamed sources inside the investigation.

HTH
Questions asked about mother in hot car death - 11Alive

www.11alive.com/story/news/local/...harris.../11807695/WXIA‑TV
by Rebecca Lindstrom - 2 days ago - Leanna Harris researched hot car deaths the day before her young son ... told 11Alive that the search had taken place before the day that their ...

++++++++++ bbm: results of search show the snip...

search was done on google...

That's actually an interesting question. I would think Cooper would be a little big to still be carting around in a carseat. But, if they did, that car seat most likely has a base to make it easy to get in and out... which makes me wonder if both their vehicles had bases and they used one car seat? If so, how do you not notice it when you go out to your car at lunch...

Good thought, but I highly doubt a 22 month old was still in a infant carrier.

Here is an article where it says the dad usually took Cooper to daycare. I feel like I've read that a few times, but it may have also been assumed since the daycare is AT or less than a mile from, the dad's workplace "on site childcare":

A timeline of events

On the day Cooper died, his father stopped for breakfast at a fast-food restaurant and afterward strapped his son into a rear-facing child restraint seat on his SUV’s back seat, police said.

He drove to his workplace, a Home Depot corporate office, about a half-mile away. He works as a Web designer there.

Usually, he would take his son to an on-site day care. But that day, police said, Harris left him in the car seat.

http://fox2now.com/2014/06/29/mom-of-toddler-who-died-in-car-absolutely-not-angry-with-husband/

JMO some of us here want to believe the best in everyone and can't believe RH could have murdered his child. But like Randy Travis said I think terrible news is coming. Will some of you defend him then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668