GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep asking this question, but there doesn't seem to be an answer:

We know that children cannot be left unattended in a vehicle. Why were both parents researching how long a child could be left unattended in a vehicle on a hot day before that child is dead? If they were concerned about the well being of the child, and doing what is best and safe, they don't need to know now long it takes for a child to die in a hot car because they're not leaving their child unattended in a vehicle.

This is exactly what I keep saying. i don't understand any logical reason for a parent to research this.

I have dogs. I know I cannot leave them in a hot car.
I have never, ever felt compelled to researh how long it would take for them to die in the hot car. I have never felt compelled to research IF they would die in a hot car.

I just know not to leave them in a hot car. Period. That is all you need to know.

Because really, do you want to leave your child to suffer in agony in a hot car, but only long enough that they don't die? That is ridiculous. There is no innocent reason for someone to research this, IMO.

agreed. looks like he was too tall:

attachment.php

If this is the car seat he was in, and if it is their car, it clearly shows IMO that he is in the middle seat of the back, between the 2 front seats. It looks like he is looking at the driver! If he was looking at a person in the drivers rear door, he would have been looking sideways and not up. No way he could have been missed. It looks like the picture was taken by someone in the back row, but he was looking towards the front drivers side.

That is a brilliant idea!

I wonder if there is a national hot car "awareness" event on the books. Ie: like Breast Cancer Awareness month, ect

how about the week of father's day!!

attachment.php

If this is the car seat he was in, and if it is their car, it clearly shows IMO that he is in the middle seat of the back, between the 2 front seats. It looks like he is looking at the driver! If he was looking at a person in the drivers rear door, he would have been looking sideways and not up. No way he could have been missed. It looks like the picture was taken by someone in the back row, but he was looking towards the front drivers side.

[modsnip] That looks like a Diono Radian. That back is really high. He could not at all see the driver. Just someone or something else at the side.

That seat back is a high back and can rear face to 45 lbs and I think 40 some inches. I have to look it up.

This is exactly what I keep saying. i don't understand any logical reason for a parent to research this.

I have never, ever felt compelled to researh how long it would take for them to die in the hot car. I have never felt compelled to research IF they would die in a hot car.

I just know not to leave them in a hot car. Period. That is all you need to know.

Because really, do you want to leave your child to suffer in agony in a hot car, but only long enough that they don't die? That is ridiculous. There is no innocent reason for someone to research this, IMO.

I think there is only one logical reason they both researched it: one was doing it or had done it and the other was against it. iow, to prove a point; to prove the other person wrong.

Pretty obvious to me which one was for it and which one was against it.

JMO

I just had a thought. It may be way off but a question just surfaced in my mind. All the pics of the Tucson with the police tape around it - in all the pics the driver's side door is open. That makes sense whether it was an act or an accident as he would have wanted to get the baby out of the car quickly either way, but the back doors are closed in every picture. So, either 1. he (or somebody else) took the time to close the back door but not the front door after Cooper was out or 2. JRH was close enough to Cooper in the car to be able to get him out of the car seat from the front and take him out the front door. If option 2 happened then there is another piece of the puzzle that screams that he HAD to have seen Cooper in the car before pulling into the shopping center. Just a thought.

Could it be that the police closed the door and just left the driver's door open to both air it out and for quick in/out access as the scene was being processed... also I've seen LE leave driver door open, key in ignition, will sometimes move a vehicle a short distance with left leg hanging out & door wide open (like a mechanic does, kwim?)

You clearly are, if you don't want a law from punishing those that allow children to roast to death in cars.

Whatever, moving on from this. It's not going to go anywhere.

There is a law which is why RH was arrested.

MOO Cooper and the vehicle were left unattended between the 2.5 hours during which the vehicle was in the parking lot and Ross was in his office building. At the point he returned to that vehicle, opened a driver's side door and placed an unnamed object on the passenger seat, that vehicle was not unattended. Once he walked away from the vehicle again and returned to the office building or went to lunch off site without the vehicle it was once more unattended.

Even a tree can bend only so far before it breaks. The backbends being employed to explain away each and every piece of difficult to explain evidence in this case is pretty amazing. I respect the steadfastness of it but man I know how hard it is to do such gymnastics in the face of so much seeming guilt pointing evidence to overcome.

I've seen NG flat out lie, it seems just for sensationalism. This is one of the reasons I quit watching her show.

I quit watching because she is just a great big basket of crazy. But yeah,
I would also take her "information" with a grain of salt.

He is not looking at the driver. That looks like a Diono Radian. That back is really high. He could not at all see the driver. Just someone or something else at the side.

That seat back is a high back and can rear face to 45 lbs and I think 40 some inches. I have to look it up.

Pretty sure this is a Chicco Keyfit infant seat. It looks like the exact one I had for my son before he outgrew it (he's 21 months). We've got a Diono Radian now and it looks different than this.

There is a law which is why RH was arrested.

Some posts are just better ignored. I know what you mean.

There are enough laws in place and more is not going to prevent deaths, especially if the are not intentional accidental deaths.

Parking lots are private property in most cases and I don't want police looking in my car. They just ruled against police searching cell phones without a warrant. Police should have a warrant to search most everything IMO.

Motive...for you non fence sitters, what was his motive? Is there a life insurance policy we will be hearing about?

Maybe little man had just hit that defiant stage?

IDK, but I need something. This case has me reeling. :(

For some guys, having the baby in the bed for two nights (esp. if sick) could mean waking numerous times to coughing, exposure to what the child is sick with, possibly having to get up to change a diaper, or even sheets if the child vomited, an overall lack of sleep and almost certainly denial of sex would be enough to make him subconsciously resent the child. The rest COULD be "accidental" as in "accidentally on purpose" though subconsciously.

I agree 100%! I also have dogs and have never ever looked this up. Honestly even just the thought of it alone makes me sick. Let alone researching any sort of details, I personally could not stomach it. I love my pups and I would never want them to suffer this type of pain or agony even for a minute. To that, never have I ever forgotten when they are with me. The "fear" of leaving them in the car has never even crossed my mind. I fear they could get hit by a car, or get cancer, or eat something poisonous...but never that I would forget they are in my car. I understand many people don't value you dogs the same way. So please do not let this start a debate. To me they are my babies, in this case it was literally a baby.

Some posts are just better ignored. I know what you mean.

There are enough laws in place and more is not going to prevent deaths, especially if the are not intentional accidental deaths.

Parking lots are private property in most cases and I don't want police looking in my car. They just ruled against police searching cell phones without a warrant. Police should have a warrant to search most everything IMO.

Rape laws don't prevent rape. Murder laws don't prevent murder. Drunk driving laws don't prevent drunk driving. Should we not have those? Of course not! We create these laws to punish those who harm others.

Nope, no reason at all. Unless you are planning something and need to know as a part of your plan. That part of his research is truly unbelievable and damning. What parent needs to know how long they would have to leave their child in a hot car in order for them to die? Unless of course, you are planning to leave your child in a hot car. 24 hours later at that.....

I have researched it. I have researched the topic more than once. And what temps are bad for kids in cars.

And for innocent reasons. So I don't buy the search is a sign of anything by itself.

They do make infant car seats that go up to 35 pounds. It almost looks like that could be one he is in. A regular convertible he would look like he was swimming in it.

I don't consider just putting something in your car attending to it.

Does that make sense?

The definition of unattended:

not noticed or dealt with;
not supervised or looked after

The fact that he did return to the car during the day means he did all of the above.

I think there is only one logical reason they both researched it: one was doing it or had done it and the other was against it. iow, to prove a point; to prove the other person wrong.

Pretty obvious to me which one was for it and which one was against it.

JMO

Sorry, I don't buy that either. If my spouse thought it was OK to leave my child, or my dog for that mattter, in the car in warm weather, said spouse would not be dropping either off at daycare or anywhere else for that matter.

Again, it is not logical to research how long i would take for a child to die.
So if the wife proved, via google, that it took 2 hours she would then happily give permission for her baby to be left in sweltering car for 1 hour???

Does that make sense to anyone? Really? "OK honey, just be sure he doesn't die"????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech