GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if I missed this, I've tried to keep up, but some folks thought perhaps RH might get bail Thursday because he's not a flight risk and neither does he have priors. But what about a suicide risk? I wondered if with his erratic behavior, if that is why police chose to take him into custody right away at the scene? And could they keep him out of fear that he might kill himself?

TIA

I don't think he will get bail. Or it will be ridiculously high. But they may have the money to pay it due to the money raised for RH when he was first arrested.

Which has since dried up.

I'm sorry if I missed this, I've tried to keep up, but some folks thought perhaps RH might get bail Thursday because he's not a flight risk and neither does he have priors. But what about a suicide risk? I wondered if with his erratic behavior, if that is why police chose to take him into custody right away at the scene? And could they keep him out of fear that he might kill himself?

TIA

He's not going anywhere.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a "selfie" that clearly showed Cooper's head behind JRH right shoulder? As in no disputing he had to have seen him?

JRH is 6'2" LH isn't tall, but I have to say with tall genes he may have been an avg to tall 22 mo old. (not tiny)
moo

5'10 is average (for white USA male)so 6'2 could be considered tall. Tall enough to see his son in other words, he wasn't short or a dwarf.

Looks like it to me! When it was rear facing in your car could you see your child?

That's a good question. I'm not sure. I don't drive, so anytime my son is in the car, my husband drives and I almost always sit in the backseat with my son in case he gets fussy and I need to distract him or give him something.

You could definitely see that car seat when you were sitting up front, but I'm not sure if my son was visible in it

TIA

I think that could be a possibility. I doubt he would make bail especially if they have more evidence.

I bet he walked to the daycare to pick Cooper up and then put Cooper in the car. I think this is why they were able to charge and arrest him so quickly. This would be damning and there would be no question of an accident at that point.

This would also explain why the daycare didn't call a parent. He had already been to daycare and then been picked up for the day. It would also explain why RH never went to the daycare after work.

Sorry I am rambling, but this little thought just made a whole bunch of things fall into place for me.

JMHO

ohhh emmm jeee

good thinking but I have a feeling if that were the case LE would have known about it within 24 hours and in light of the backlash from teh public about Ross's arrest initially, LE would surely have released that info and charged Ross with MURDER (without the child neglect cruelty charges needed in order to get there)

Wierd that a man would take such a selfie in a car ..unless for a dating site ? Can someone pull into Google image search?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

He took lots of odd selfies I noticed, it was on his fb which is now gone. Guy is kinda odd.

I'm with you there... I have looked up many things, but to look up what temperature it has to be for a child to die in a car? No... and the fact that it actually happened very soon after the search? Like I have said, parents know that any amount of time is too long to leave a child in a car, a hot car even more... unless there analytics supporting him searching on topics regarding how to avoid forgetting your child in the car (since apparently he had a fear it could happen?), then maybe I might have some doubt... but if you are truly scared that something like that could happen, your search would be based on avoidance of such a thing happening.

It's crazy that people don't actually see the search as a problem. Say a wife shoots her husband in the stomach and kills him, and they find that just earlier she had been googling "can a person die from being shot in the stomach and how long does it take for them to die?", it would be like her claiming she only googled it because she had a fear of being shot in the stomach.

I take issue with the search alone, but even take that away. Personally if I fear something, I am super vigilant about it. I would hope if it were a fear that Cooper could be left in a the car one would check his seat EVERY SINGLE TIME, even if you "knew" he wasn't in the car. I check my straightening iron every morning to make sure it is off, even when I swear I just switched it off. I even thought about buying a doormat I saw online that said "turn your straighter off". The funny thing is , I have never left it on, because I always think about it. If it comes out that it was also searched how to prevent leaving a child in the car, I won't excuse what happened, but I will eat crow.

It's actually easier to see through the windows if you are taller. Something about looking down into them, rather than eye level helps a lot. (I may or may not have stood on a box, to see what it would be like from his vantage point. Lol.)

Could you post pictures of the view standing next to the drivers door :please::please:

Most of the stories I have read about people leaving their child in their car sound just like you--although many are not as forgetful. And they still forgot their child.

In all honesty, I'm not sure I care for the implications in this post.

I have siblings that were babies and they were in my care all of the time. Nope. Never forgot them, in a car or otherwise. They were never ever inadequately unsupervised or "left" anywhere or ever even out of my eyesight. I am also a straight A student with a 3.9 gpa, so clearly, I am not "forgetful" where it counts.

I am hawkish when I am caring for a child and my dog who is very well cared for, loved, and supervised. Children are vulnerable and dependent and need to be kept safe, and one does not tend to a child the same way they tend to a set of keys or a phone.

The point is, keys and phones, are not children. And there is a difference between being forgetful and being attentive to critical things such as the care and well being of a child.

They are not easily forgotten, even for an absent minded individual.

I think the fact he forgot to drive to daycare will play a huge roll, especially since he does it daily. Plus with the searches, going back to car, and driving a distance before noticing.

In all honesty, I'm not sure I care for the implications in this post.

I have siblings that were babies and they were in my care all of the time. Nope. Never forgot them, in a car or otherwise. They were never ever inadequately unsupervised or "left" anywhere or ever even out of my eyesight.

I am hawkish when I am caring for a child and my dog who is very well cared for, loved, and supervised. Children are vulnerable and dependent and need to be kept safe, and one does not tend to a child the same way they tend to a set of keys or a phone.

The point is, keys and phones, are not children.

They are not easily forgotten, even for an absent minded individual.

But unfortunately, some people do. Even those who are ultra-vigilant have a change in routine and they forget their child in the car. It happens.

Comparison of Cooper and invisibleninja's carseat:
10489849_10152572202333287_6175643253145536050_n.jpg
chicco.JPG

I'm almost positive the car seat he's in in the photo is a Chicco Keyfit 30, which goes to 30 inches, 30 lbs or head 1 inch below the shell (whichever comes first)

We used the same one for my son before switching him to a convertible when he was around 8 months because he was getting close to outgrowing it height-wise.

I've attached a photo (hopefully I did that right) of our infant seat, which I believe is the same one...

chicco.JPG

Is that seat he was currently riding in? I think you got it!

Wierd that a man would take such a selfie in a car ..unless for a dating site ? Can someone pull into Google image search?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

LOL, have you seen facebook??? :floorlaugh: All kinds of people take selfies. Men women, Grandmas..

IT is selfie nation out there now.

But unfortunately, some people do. Even those who are ultra-vigilant have a change in routine and they forget their child in the car. It happens.

Sure does.

I just do not believe for one second that -that is what happened in this case.

And where do you get your information that most parents who honestly and tragically leave their children in the car are doing so because they are absent minded and are not also simply negligent and exercising poor judgement as well?

How did you come to this conclusion? And how do you know that they are any less or more forgetful than I am?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper