GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible, if not likely, that he sometimes chatted and sometimes fell asleep quickly. The point is that it's all entirely possible. There's no saying he definitely did not do this or that when there are so many variables in play.

Within a span of 5 minutes (10 minutes max) from Chick-filet to work, he could not be in a sound sleep A slumber perhaps, or a very light sleep -- but not a sound sleep. 22 monthers, who have just been put into their car seat do not just pass out. I'm only speaking from experience.

MOO

Mel

George Michael Plumides is Harris attorney. Google shows he was 18 mo late paying a bill and wrote bad check. Case was dismissed against Mr. Plumides. Office located N. Druid Hills Rd, Atlanta.

Name: George Michael Plumides
Licensed: 24 years
Law School: Atlanta Law School
Atlanta, GA 30319

According to the Court Calendar George Michael Plumides is an attorney for another defendant listed (totally separate case) and Maddox Kilgore is listed as JRH's attorney...

was published on 6/24

eta: I just noticed the exclamation points. Sorry to disappoint lol

I am not disappointed! The charges are what they are. My only disappointment is the shortened life of an innocent baby who suffered what was a traumatic death.

I've baked cookies in my car. I've even seen recipes for entire dinners. I've read that people do that when they are going to spend the day at an amusement park or the fair. You put everything in glass casseroles on the dashboard, and the whole thing cooks while you enjoy your day. Then you have a hot meal waiting when you come out to the car. I think I've seen chicken fajitas, with warm tortillas, and a fruit cobbler.

I've also put a thermometer on the seat of my husband's truck parked in the sun, just for fun and curiosity. It got plenty hot. I put it where I could see it and photograph it through the window.

It's a horrible thought.
Alton Brown and Mythbusters cooked a whole Thanksgiving dinner, turkey included in an engine while they took a drive, then ate it!

I am not disappointed! The charges are what they are. My only disappointment is the shortened life of an innocent baby who suffered what was a traumatic death.

Sorry. I thought the exclamation points after first degree meant something :seeya:

Hi Everyone,

Dr. Cryil Wecht is my guest tonight on my radio show. All the information is at THIS LINK.

Thank you,
Tricia

http://mobile.news.com.au/world/fri...s-a-proud-parent/story-fndir2ev-1226974474597

If you scroll down to the photo where baby Cooper is on his chest, the father has tight lips in that photo too. If the photo was cropped so that baby Cooper wasn't in it I wouldn't guess that it was a photo of a happy dad. I admit my bias - but I'm pretty good at reading people and his expression in this picture speaks volumes IMO. Or perhaps it was a random bad shot. I don't know.

I worked with the criminally mentally ill inpatient. There were 30-35 patients and most were men who had committed heinous crimes that would make the hair stand up on the back of your neck. Most were first time offenders who look just like average Joe. One guy cut his nephew's head off with a chain saw. As far as the murdered little one's I can't go into details because I would vomit and so would you. I can see that same arrogant and defiant look on RH's face. They were there because their good attorney's got them off on an NGRI. Thank God that won't be the case here, I hope. They still were confined (but some had outing privileges) and lived in a nice dorm setting with one room mate and could leave the unit to roam the mall like setting to get snacks and socialize with other's. They were truly frightening people who could pass for your neighbor or one of your friends. JMO thats RH.

Justin Ross Harris goes to court Thursday in death of 22-month-old son left in sweltering SUV

"The lead investigator in the case is expected to take the stand and chronicle the charges against Harris. Isaza said the hearing will last at least an hour.

The judge, she said, can ask questions during the hearing. Isaza said she expects Cox to rule on both issues, from the bench, at the end of the proceedings."

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_goes_to_cou.html

Within a span of 5 minutes (10 minutes max) from Chick-filet to work, he could not be in a sound sleep A slumber perhaps, or a very light sleep -- but not a sound sleep. 22 monthers, who have just been put into their car seat do not just pass out. I'm only speaking from experience.

MOO

Mel

This is why I think Cooper was drugged at Chick Fil A so that he would fall asleep, and also why I think he was placed in the trunk of the car so no one would notice him too early (i.e. before he died). I think the item being put in the car at lunchtime was actually Cooper Harris in his car seat, after being extracted from the trunk.

Remember the cop said he did not think the baby was in the car at 9am. Even though the paperwork confirms Cooper was put in his car seat in the car at ChickFilA at 8:55am.. yet baby was not in the car 5 mins later at 9am as they entered Home Depot car park/ I think after making a big fuss of putting the car seat in the car in ChickFilA car park, daddy snuck the car seat into the trunk before driving to Home Depot. Later at lunchtime, once he knew baby would have died - not only due to the heat but due to being smothered and suffercated in the trunk - he took out the car seat and put it into the car, hoping someone would spot dead baby in the car before he had to leave at 4:!5.. When noone spotted it, his whole plan went awry and he panicked..

He had never thought through what he would do if baby wasn't found by 4:15.. so he did not think to go to the daycare looking for his son (fatal mistake - obviously if he really thought he had dropped off his son that is where he would have gone before leaving Home Deport). Reports say he drove in the OPPOSITE direction to the way he would have gone home at first (probably in a panic, trying to work out what to do). He realized he could not cause a big fuss when he met his friends because his friends would see through the whole thing so he stopped off somewhere he would find lots of people - in a busy car park - so he had the ultimate audience for his performance..

So I am going to the court hearing today at 1:30pm. I am going to see what I can learn and pick up from others who attend as much as to see the face of JH and try to work out what he is really thinking. I live around the corner to the court.

Linda7NJ in the last thread you said you can't imagine a daycare wanting the responsibility of notifying parents.

This day care had computerized check in, EVERY parent had to check their kid in and if they didn't they could face fines. With a corporate day care AND computerized check in that same computer system can very easily dispatch reminder emails/texts or even automated phone calls to notify parents that their child was not dropped off.

I am also sure legal waivers could be signed so no one could get sued if a call didn't take place.

I am betting this center had that capability, they seem quite advanced plus that corporation operates in some California districts which have very strict rules about such things. Home Depot could select whatever day care providers they wanted and have the program customized to their needs, they probably had parents on the selection committee so I would truly expect that some sort of notification system was in place especially since all corporate staff has an email address and a phone # assigned by the company.

It is hard for me to believe that he fell asleep instantly, at 9:15 am. He was on his way to play with his friends, and his day just started. I cannot accept that he fell asleep in a couple of minutes like that.

And even if he had, his car seat was wedged up within inches of the Dad's drivers seat. No matter what the child was doing, Dad should have been aware of his presence. jmo

BBM> See, I've been waiting for someone to say that in all the debate over whether Cooper could have fallen asleep instantly - dunno about Cooper but I know my 18 month old granddaughter could and does and not only in the car, when she wants to sleep there's no transition just one minute running around or sitting laughing and chattering the next literally zonked out, often with her butt in the air on the rug or wherever she happens to be.

The point is, it doesn't matter whether Cooper fell asleep or not in those few minutes between Chik-Fil-A and work, doesn't matter at all. What matters to me is if it's probable or reasonable that a parent would so totally forget the child he or she so few minutes earlier strapped into a car seat was there. To me it's not at all probable OR reasonable especially given the circumstance of the recent google searches this parent has freely admitted to conducting. That factor alone should have made him hyper-aware and vigilant. I cannot get my head around that one fact in this case.

Snipped from above link and BBM --
14-W-5485
PROBABLE CAUSE/BOND HEARING
HARRIS, JUSTIN ROSS
SOID: 001020427 COUNTS: CHARGES:
MURDER FELONY
CRUELTY TO CHILDREN(1ST DEG)
KILGORE, MADDOX
STODDARD, PHILLIP
COBB COUNTY POLICE DEPARTMENT

F F
-----------

This says FIRST degree!!

Yes obviously they are behind in the updating.

I heard that the mom's testimony inadvertently helped convict Justin.. I think she told cops she was expecting Justin to pick up her son from daycare and I think she also stated that Justin and the baby had breakfast before they left that morning (confirming there would be no reason to stop off at Chick Fil A)

Early on it was said that breakfast was eaten at home before they left. I just assumed that they were early risers, had eaten and by 9 were hungry again. But evidently the chic-fil-a was an unusual stop. That or it was something she didn't know about. I have known people that stop and eat at fast food and hide it from their family.

This is why I think Cooper was drugged at Chick Fil A so that he would fall asleep, and also why I think he was placed in the trunk of the car so no one would notice him too early (i.e. before he died). I think the item being put in the car at lunchtime was actually Cooper Harris in his car seat, after being extracted from the trunk.

Remember the cop said he did not think the baby was in the car at 9am. Even though the paperwork confirms Cooper was put in his car seat in the car at ChickFilA at 8:55am.. yet baby was not in the car 5 mins later at 9am as they entered Home Depot car park/ I think after making a big fuss of putting the car seat in the car in ChickFilA car park, daddy snuck the car seat into the trunk before driving to Home Depot. Later at lunchtime, once he knew baby would have died - not only due to the heat but due to being smothered and suffercated in the trunk - he took out the car seat and put it into the car, hoping someone would spot dead baby in the car before he had to leave at 4:!5.. When noone spotted it, his whole plan went awry and he panicked..

He had never thought through what he would do if baby wasn't found by 4:15.. so he did not think to go to the daycare looking for his son (fatal mistake - obviously if he really thought he had dropped off his son that is where he would have gone before leaving Home Deport). Reports say he drove in the OPPOSITE direction to the way he would have gone home at first (probably in a panic, trying to work out what to do). He realized he could not cause a big fuss when he met his friends because his friends would see through the whole thing so he stopped off somewhere he would find lots of people - in a busy car park - so he had the ultimate audience for his performance..

The rigor mortis had him seated in the car seat. And you really think he'd think he'd get away with putting baby in the trunk of his car in a parking lot and then taking a dead baby out of the same trunk and not think it'd be picked up on video?

It wasn't a store parking lot, it was corporate parking lot IMO he came late so everyone would go upstairs before him and just left the kid in the car. No one saw the kid. That happens all the time. :moo::twocents:

I heard that the mom's testimony inadvertently helped convict Justin.. I think she told cops she was expecting Justin to pick up her son from daycare and I think she also stated that Justin and the baby had breakfast before they left that morning (confirming there would be no reason to stop off at Chick Fil A)

I'm not sure I understand. What difference does the CFA trip or that he was going to pick him up make? Are you saying he told the po po something different?

I worked with the criminally mentally ill inpatient. There were 30-35 patients and most were men who had committed heinous crimes that would make the hair stand up on the back of your neck. Most were first time offenders who look just like average Joe. One guy cut his nephew's head off with a chain saw. As far as the murdered little one's I can't go into details because I would vomit and so would you. I can see that same arrogant and defiant look on RH's face. They were there because their good attorney's got them off on an NGRI. Thank God that won't be the case here, I hope. They still were confined (but some had outing privileges) and lived in a nice dorm setting with one room mate and could leave the unit to roam the mall like setting to get snacks and socialize with other's. They were truly frightening people who could pass for your neighbor or one of your friends. JMO thats RH.

My brother's best friend works in one of these facilities. He said the same thing. Some of these guys look innocent, functional and harmless but he has access to their case files, and they have committed HORRIBLE crimes. Yet, they go out for ice cream, to the movies, and even take classes that are held in a room at a local high school. He said the worst part is that, if they have video or photos of their crimes, they can shut themselves up in their rooms and view this "evidence" over and over by claiming they are preparing for their own defense. Think about that.

Gitana, if you are around, can you clarify if bond will be an issue today? I've seen that it will be raised, but also that this isn't a Superior Court judge but a magistrate court??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro