GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the state will have to show something. They have arrested a man who many see as a victim of the worst kind of experience. They will probably have to offset the defense, which will show him as a broken, grieving parent, to some extent. Jmo

Don't they also have to submit their reports on what the searches of seized property have found to date?

There is a discovery process that has to be followed and abided. The prosecution has to turn over reports (police, testing, etc) but not the product of their work (ideas, strategies, etc). I think tomorrow's hearing is just for probable cause for the charges. And bail...

According to one attorney on CNN - he thought there was already enough out there to proceed. The threshold at the point is quite low - he said they often say, "Do you have a breathing body? OK - proceed" .... but he did say they *might* show video - he implied from the HD parking lot or such.

He also expected that he magistrate judge would probably allow bail over the objection of the prosecutor.

Just 2 things I heard over Sirius radio driving to dinner tonight.....

Both the prosecution and defense will have tactics, neither side would show their entire hand this early. Really, it's simply par for the course.

I know it is and I think it is wrong.

The amount of friends and family still supporting them and this being a terrible accident makes me wonder also....

Tomorrow will be telling.

rsbm; some people do not like to admit they were wrong, duped, or oblivious. some also like living in denial; it's easier

imo

According to one attorney on CNN - he thought there was already enough out there to proceed. The threshold at the point is quite low - he said they often say, "Do you have a breathing body? OK - proceed" ....

I think as soon as they dropped the child abuse charge from 1st to 2nd degree that they had enough to proceed.

Typical HLN.

I'm surprised NG hasn't officially dubbed Justin Harris "Tot Dad" yet. I'm sure she will if this case progresses.
[modsnip]

Nancy Grace is my American Hero. She tells it like it is.
[modsnip] And LilT you know I love you and I respect your opinion. Just had to put mine out there as well.

Is Wild About Trials or HLN going to have a live feed?
I can't watch it on tv...between commercials and talking heads ....I feel like ripping my hair out after 20 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM. :giggle: Same here!

IIRC, someone posted upthread (sorry, can't remember who) that one of the the news stations will have an online live stream feed.

Why hold back on disparaging Nancy Grace? Take it to the limit-she would call him 'The Hot-Tod Dad'.

NOT trying to offend anyone-but there is a pattern here on WS to denigrate NG whenever possible, while at the same time quoting her quotes, showing her film clips, introducing full and partial transcripts.
It gets old. And LilT you know I love you and I respect your opinion. Just had to put mine out there as well.

Oh, I don't hate Nancy. In many ways she amuses me and she is one of the very few people on TV who ever even mentions missing people. But I do find her way of labeling and nicknaming criminals a bit annoying. I would prefer that she just call them by their given names. The nicknaming thing is just a little too sensationalist for me.

Interesting, thanks!

I can understand where each of them (except the lawyer) are coming from -- ok, I can understand where he's coming from too but I'm more interested in opinion than legal/lawful/court-admissible evidence right now... yes I know that's what ultimately matters, but I'm trying to see everything...

That being said, there are certain things that Ross is NOT quoted as saying or doing at the death scene.... such as apologizing to Cooper upon realizing he's dead -- he makes a production of yelling "What have I done?" but he separates himself from Cooper and doesn't apologize at the death scene.

He apologizes to the funeral-goers for not being there -- he never apologizes for the act (even if accidental) and he makes a remark, "[Cooper] never did anything to anybody"... why would he say that? Did anyone or would anyone think Cooper did anything to deserve this?

This tells me that he's either incredibly guilty OR incredibly innocent and was NOT the one who placed Cooper in the car that day....

I can buy him having a different definition of "unattended vehicle" -- but outside of that, he's either covering for himself or someone else.

I won't criticize LHs funeral comments because after days surrounded by loved ones, avoiding media, planning a funeral, and knowing your husband & father of the child is in jail, anyone could be manic/loopy/anything .... and say anything.

The searches... specifically what, when, and by whom will be very telling, I think.

I just can't believe no one noticed the baby in the car. Someone posted a photo earlier of the HD parking lot (where Harris works), and it was packed. His windows are not that dark. Previous photo posted of his vehicle, I could clearly see in.

Unless he parked far away from any other cars I suppose?

I wonder if his car seat has ALWAYS been rear facing. I assume he was no longer in an infant seat and in a toddler size seat that can forward face as well... As we were walking through the grocery store parking lot today and I was scanning cars (as is my habit!) I realized that if a baby was rear facing in a convertible seat and trapped it would be harder to see him/her. It would be easy to look through the front window and see a baby in a forward facing seat.

My point is that Cooper would have had a better chance of being rescued if he was forward facing. I hope he wasn't turned around for this ... event.

Interesting, thanks!

I can understand where each of them (except the lawyer) are coming from -- ok, I can understand where he's coming from too but I'm more interested in opinion than legal/lawful/court-admissible evidence right now... yes I know that's what ultimately matters, but I'm trying to see everything...

That being said, there are certain things that Ross is NOT quoted as saying or doing at the death scene.... such as apologizing to Cooper upon realizing he's dead -- he makes a production of yelling "What have I done?" but he separates himself from Cooper and doesn't apologize at the death scene.

He apologizes to the funeral-goers for not being there -- he never apologizes for the act (even if accidental) and he makes a remark, "[Cooper] never did anything to anybody"... why would he say that? Did anyone or would anyone think Cooper did anything to deserve this?

This tells me that he's either incredibly guilty OR incredibly innocent and was NOT the one who placed Cooper in the car that day....

I can buy him having a different definition of "unattended vehicle" -- but outside of that, he's either covering for himself or someone else.

I won't criticize LHs funeral comments because after days surrounded by loved ones, avoiding media, planning a funeral, and knowing your husband & father of the child is in jail, anyone could be manic/loopy/anything .... and say anything.

The searches... specifically what, when, and by whom will be very telling, I think.

~bbm

I honestly don't think that the searches are going to sway anyone who's convinced of his guilt that they were done innocently. I honestly can't think of a search that wouldn't be viewed as incriminating or, at absolute best, neutral. I can, however, see the exact searches swaying people to guilty. jmo

Why hold back on disparaging Nancy Grace? Take it to the limit-she would call him 'The Hot-Tod Dad'.

NOT trying to offend anyone-but there is a pattern here on WS to denigrate NG whenever possible, while at the same time quoting her quotes, showing her film clips, introducing full and partial transcripts.
It gets old. And LilT you know I love you and I respect your opinion. Just had to put mine out there as well.

Lol, she goes out of her way to offend people sometimes.
I used to work at a camera store... sold her husband a camera. He lost the software for it so I burned him a copy of mine. He tipped me $50. Then he brought Nancy a couple times. She was very nice to me. I've heard horror stories about her in town but she was sweet to me.

Thanks for the link. I think the psychiatrist trying to incriminate the mother was completely wrong, and discrediting her profession. I'm not saying Leanna might not have been "in on it" - it's possible - but the psychiatrist was using some pretty flimsy reasoning to justify her assertions. A professional should definitely use better justification, and wait for all the evidence, IMO.

Lol, she goes out of her way to offend people sometimes.
I used to work at a camera store... sold her husband a camera. He lost the software for it so I burned him a copy of mine. He tipped me $50. Then he brought Nancy a couple times. She was very nice to me. I've heard horror stories about her in town but she was sweet to me.

I used to live down the street from one of the lawyers involved in her fiancé's murder trial. Anything I have to say about her needs to go downstairs. lol

Thanks for the link. I think the psychiatrist trying to incriminate the mother was completely wrong, and discrediting her profession. I'm not saying Leanna might not have been "in on it" - it's possible - but the psychiatrist was using some pretty flimsy reasoning to justify her assertions. A professional should definitely use better justification, and wait for all the evidence, IMO.

bbm

It's the lip filler -- toxic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members