GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magistrate Judge John Strauss said Georgia law prohibits him from granting bond for the two felony charges. Harris will remain in the Cobb County jail without bond until at least July 15, when he’s scheduled to again stand before a Superior Court judge.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/authorities-searched-dead-toddlers-fathers-office-/ngP33/

Ah, ok, thanks momrids6! Makes sense to me now (I think, lol). July 15, I remembered hearing that date -- so, that's the date of the bond hearing in front of the Superior Court Judge. Tomorrow is the preliminary (probable cause) hearing in front of the Magistrate Judge...so bond won't be addressed at tomorrow's hearing, if I'm understanding correctly.

I can buy him having a different definition of "unattended vehicle"

I can't. LE will ask the same question several times, several different ways. They don't leave much wiggle room typically. jmo

Now I remember why I haven't watched these shows since Caylee died.
It's really ridiculous.
The 1st woman who spoke didn't know cfa is just minutes from where dad worked.:banghead:
A talking head should have knowledge about the case they're discussing. sheeeesssseeee

Lol! That show was always days behind WS. Someone from that show definitely needs to join here :wink:

I can't. LE will ask the same question several times, several different ways. They don't leave much wiggle room typically. jmo

You think he didn't know that parking lot was surveilled or took that chance knowing that it was? I have a really hard time believing that. Especially from a techie, former parking attendant, former police dispatcher who is well aware of the multiple layers of security at HD.

You think he didn't know that parking lot was surveilled or took that chance knowing that it was? I have a really hard time believing that. Especially from a techie, former parking attendant, former police dispatcher who is well aware of the multiple layers of security at HD.

I am only going by what I know right now.

Lol, she goes out of her way to offend people sometimes.
I used to work at a camera store... sold her husband a camera. He lost the software for it so I burned him a copy of mine. He tipped me $50. Then he brought Nancy a couple times. She was very nice to me. I've heard horror stories about her in town but she was sweet to me.

Oh, I agree -- what I meant to say (very, very carefully) is that the specific searches, times, dates, from which device, etc, will tell us who was the most interested party, whether someone was acting alone or in concert with someone else, etc and so on....

Lol, she goes out of her way to offend people sometimes.
I used to work at a camera store... sold her husband a camera. He lost the software for it so I burned him a copy of mine. He tipped me $50. Then he brought Nancy a couple times. She was very nice to me. I've heard horror stories about her in town but she was sweet to me.

I've noticed that - years and years ago I used to work at the Estee Lauder counter at a local dept store and we got all kinds of local personalities coming in -- let me just say that some were just like there "TV self" and some were not -- both to the positive & the negative

I'm interested in motive and intent too. Right now I'm more focused on intent as I think motive will come to light if evidence shows intent. I understand it's not required for these charges but I'm curious.

I also think a jury (if this goes to trial) will be curious too. Hopefully they'll understand the judge's instructions but, hey, they're human...

Someone – maybe Gitana1? - suggested a continuance may be requested tomorrow. If that happens I'm not sure we'll learn anything new.

If JRH does get bail granted I hope he starts talking to the media. He seems to be a gabber – when I Googled his often-used online handle (RoscoeUA) an awful lot of hits to forums and social media came up. Most of them were one-hit registrations where he posted just once but still it implies he wants to be “out there.” OTOH he and his wife have remained tight-lipped so far.

He also has a little history on an auction site, mostly selling electronic devices and cheap, poorly made knock offs of Fender Telecaster guitars. :guitar: :notgood:

Now I remember why I haven't watched these shows since Caylee died.
It's really ridiculous.
The 1st woman who spoke didn't know cfa is just minutes from where dad worked.:banghead:
A talking head should have knowledge about the case they're discussing. sheeeesssseeee

I listened to the entire video and nowhere does she indicate she doesn't know the distance. She says in her experience some of her own 5 children fall asleep IMMEDIATELY on going for a drive in the car and some do not. What exactly are you talking about?

Oh, I don't hate Nancy. In many ways she amuses me and she is one of the very few people on TV who ever even mentions missing people. But I do find her way of labeling and nicknaming criminals a bit annoying. I would prefer that she just call them by their given names. The nicknaming thing is just a little too sensationalist for me.

Lol LilT..I am from the school of nicknames myself-it is old-school so that in conversation anyone who overhears cannot immediately identify unsub/ungat-whatever.-the Mafia did it-the FBI did it-all of us on the block did it.
I was 14 years old and had a crush on a skinny guy-he was as skinny as I was-so my nick for him was 'Size 10'..........crazy..............don't get me started on that T ha ha!
Just please remember I am from SA like you and Remember the Alamo.

I used to live down the street from one of the lawyers involved in her fiancé's murder trial. Anything I have to say about her needs to go downstairs. lol

That happened in Madison, or near Madison, right?

I wonder if his car seat has ALWAYS been rear facing. I assume he was no longer in an infant seat and in a toddler size seat that can forward face as well... As we were walking through the grocery store parking lot today and I was scanning cars (as is my habit!) I realized that if a baby was rear facing in a convertible seat and trapped it would be harder to see him/her. It would be easy to look through the front window and see a baby in a forward facing seat.

My point is that Cooper would have had a better chance of being rescued if he was forward facing. I hope he wasn't turned around for this ... event.

We talked more about the car seat, um, earlier. Cooper looks to be small enough to be safest in a rear facing seat.

I believe there is a published photo of Cooper in a forward facing seat.

I share your hope that Cooper generally rode rear facing!

Laughing
Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician

Google Safe kids Worldwide for more information.

JMO I don't think a "reasonable" person would have forgotten their child in a car after having been overly concerned about that very issue and after having had a "premonition" that Cooper was with Jesus. Thats all I need to know.

I'm not sure if the word "unattended" was even the actual wording that was used by LE when he was questioned. I think it was just a succinct way for the reporter to state that RH denied going to his car during the course of the day.

Thanks for the link. I think the psychiatrist trying to incriminate the mother was completely wrong, and discrediting her profession. I'm not saying Leanna might not have been "in on it" - it's possible - but the psychiatrist was using some pretty flimsy reasoning to justify her assertions. A professional should definitely use better justification, and wait for all the evidence, IMO.

I think the psychiatrist was fulfilling her immediate job duties -- as a talking head....

That being said, I know exactly where you're coming from -- I think those in the psychiatric profession who do not have sufficient sociological studies under their belts are sometimes lacking in compassion because they look so many things in tunnel-vision without considering cultural & sociological issues (such as faith, and/or spouse in prison, etc) that could affect the "textbook" psychological process for something.... JMO!!!!!! Like the one woman said, she was surprised that Liebermann was criticizing a woman just barely into the grieving process -- and that's all the evidence showed at this point in time.

It really surprises me that people think that's what they asked him verbatim.

Maybe I'm so LE savvy from listening to hours upon hours of the Anthony family interviews. :waitasec:

rsbm; some people do not like to admit they were wrong, duped, or oblivious. some also like living in denial; it's easier

imo

Not presenting all their evidence, is nowhere near the same thing as withholding evidence!! The prosecution is under no obligation to turn over all their evidence for this hearing.

That is SO true!:seeya:

Thanks for that, didn't realize. I thought if asked "was the vehicle left unattended all day" that he might mistakenly give what he thought to be a truthful answer -- but now that you mention it, I can see LE rephrasing & clarifying since they probably know that "civilians" don't always correctly interpret cop-speak.

Lots of red flags for me, but the obvious horror in that statement from the officer, something about being disturbed as a father and grandfather, that is my clincher.

These people see terrible things all the time. For years and years. If it's bad to them, you know it's bad.

That wasn't necessarily *the* clincher to me because there are so many inconsistencies & oddities that add up to an ugly picture IMO, but folks should remember that the metro-Atlanta area is very, very large (6 million+, I believe) and there is a lot of very violent crime. So yes, I do believe that the statement of a police officer of 35 years that his conscience was shocked carries some weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18