Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can honestly say, they don't fool me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't fool me, either. My radar is fine-tuned.

When my adult daughter brought home a boyfriend (who a year later kidnapped her from her home in the middle of the night after she broke up with him and dragged her to the woods with the intent to murder her), I knew the second I met him that he was no good.

It wasn't based on his physical appearance, either, because he was an attractive, friendly man.

It was based on something I learned to trust without question many many years ago: my intuition.

22years ago I accidentally locked my babies in my van~~ can't even convey the guilt I felt and how hard it was to go inside a store to get/call for help. I was ready to break windows

Isn't it the most awful feeling? I totally understand. My car accidentally locked when I got out and my daughter was inside in her car seat. I didn't have an extra key and I was panicked. Fortunately, the landscaper at my friend's estate was able to open the door with a coat hanger. It wasn't hot, the car was still running, but still...

.It turned out that this was a feature on the car that was found to be an issue and was recalled. I have never forgotten it and that was 20 years ago.

Some random thoughts from today's proceedings.

Does anyone think that maybe the trip to his car midday to drop off the light bulbs was so he could check to see if "the deed was done"?

Also, is it possible that Cooper's life insurance would be enough to cover RH's credit card debts?

I did come away thinking this was an intentional act on RH's part. LH is not looking much better. :(

About 8 years ago, a dad left his baby in the car at the beach. He was running into the Shorestop and saw a friend, got distracted and went into the restaurant next door to grab a bite to eat. He came out and discovered his baby dead in the carseat.

A friend of mine was there. She said the dad was so distraught, sobbing, trying to save his baby, imploring people to help his child. The State police came immediately and were really shaken up. The State police were actually trying to console and calm the dad down and they hesitated to put the cuffs on the dad, the dad was that disconsolate. This was an accident. A terrible tragedy. Not a RH situation...

What scares me about stories like this is while it probably was an 'accident' it could just have easily been a guy with better acting abilities.

Once in a while a blob of adipose tissue like RH comes along and gets caught because he assumed he was smarter than LE. The unknown here is the number of parents who don't get caught.

Data forensics and CCTV cameras are relatively new and hopefully will play a growing role in investigations but not every LE agency is up to date with these modern techniques.

Worse, the culture of giving 'grieving parents' an automatic pass prevails. Until that changes it will remain difficult to suss out murderous parents from parents who are simply <cough> distracted and forgetful.

Chewy's right; the bar of parental responsibility must remain high. Our kids deserve that - it's their right not their privilege.

He backed into a parking spot next to another car, no way he didn't look over his shoulder

I'm still a few pages behind but I have to say this!

When my children were little and riding rear-facing, I had their car seat in the center of the second row. After about 9 - 12 months of age they learned that they could turn their head around and look up to see me. If I was at a red light or parked I would turn around and gaze down to look at them.

I can see Cooper doing this - trying to took up, over his shoulder to see his dad.

He backed into that parking space, I know if he had turned back to look for clearance he would have seen Cooper. ESPECIALLY if he was too big for that seat.

It breaks my heart to think of Cooper turning his head, looking over his shoulder to get a glance of dad. They were only inches apart.

:tantrum:

And if he weren't a narcissist who'd already cheated on her once, had a "wonky willy" in the marital bed but was perfectly capable of sexting his erect penis to other women, I'd totally agree with you.

I respectfully disagree -- because a narcissist knows how to "pick them" (and by that it could be almost anyone). They can figure out rather quickly how much grooming and bending it will take to wrap someone around their finger and while they like a challenge, they won't waste their time on someone they can't control. And by that, I mean control when it counts for HIM -- he might have encouraged her to pursue interests and hang out with girlfriends for all we know... but if he did it wasn't because he cared about her. It was either to give himself free time (for sexting & hookups?) or to appear to be the perfect husband.

Because he married her, I'll bet that he knew how to play her like a violin, knew how to work her guilt, knew how to play the victim and gain her sympathies, etc and so on... so she might be mourning the loss of her son, but she could also be addicted to trying to be his "everything" and she simply cannot accept that he is a monster and will bend over backwards to make excuses for him so he won't leave her AND it's painful to admit to yourself that this person you love & believe in DOES NOT EXIST AND NEVER REALLY DID -- educated, pretty, doesn't matter. It's especially hard on someone who is intelligent, IMO, because you're constantly questioning things -- it's always on your mind, and it can take over your life. They may have disagreed & argued from time to time (probably in her moments of clarity) but the sun rose & set on Ross's arse. So it's possible that she's trying to "be strong for Ross" and that the realization & gravity & pain & anger won't set in until she has been free of him for some time and can "see the light."

IMO, LH should be very relieved he is behind bars because who knows -- two weeks, two years, ten years from now.... she could be next on his list of inconveniences!

That is, if she's not as narcissistic as he is -- just like Stoddard says, "we've only scratched the surface" -- it will be interesting to see how it develops and her comments & behavior thus far come into play over the long haul.

Respectfully, MOO

Yup! You are dead on. I cannot tell you how embarrassed I was as the secret life my ex was living unfolded. He was extremely good looking, but had a bad job, no money, no credit, had never lived on his own, etc... I on the other hand, pretty much have my chit together... everyone was fooled by him, my entire family and friends (until he tried seducing all of them of course)... Of course, our biggest fights were "lack of" bedroom activities... so when I found out he had been with over 300 women, imagine my shock. I was blindsided... this guy was such a charmer, to everyone... I don't even know who I was for those years, because I somehow didn't care that he never provided anything for the household financially, I believed somehow that he was working SO many jobs, yet never had any money... I truly became an idiot for so many years. It's easy to look at women and say that they are "stupid" for being with a guy and "how could they not know", and before this, I would have agreed. But these guys know exactly what they are doing and how to manipulate women... when you question them, they turn it around on you and somehow YOU end up being the one apologizing LOL. All of the threats and abuse, it became normal. Had I watched my life from the outside, I would have grabbed me and gotten me to a safe place immediately... it's so much easier when you are on the outside looking in. I still, find myself quite embarrassed that I allowed myself to be so deceived, but now I am able to help others in the same position, so some good came out of it.

It is very possible that he had/has complete control over LH. That being said, no matter how much I was manipulated, I would NEVER allow or tolerate anyone to hurt my child... that's where things would have come screeching to a halt.

Does anyone think that maybe the trip to his car midday to drop off the light bulbs was so he could check to see if "the deed was done"?

Also, is it possible that Cooper's life insurance would be enough to cover RH's credit card debts?

I did come away thinking this was an intentional act on RH's part. LH is not looking much better. :(

yes

yes

I agree. I'm somewhat surprised Leanna hasn't been cuffed and read her rights yet.

To me, the whole "but there's no malicious intent" statement is super freaking weird. It sounds like it just popped out of his face upon the surprise of being arrested.

I think he thought he would never be arrested, that this would be just another sad case of parent forgetting child. And we would all boohoo for him (ex-Cooper's funeral).

Finally caught up! I feel very badly for their church family. The last two sermons which are on the website seemed to me to be very supportive of Ross and Leanna, and the topic was Abraham being told to sacrifice Isaac by God. I am sure most of these people only saw the best of the Harris family, and are going to struggle to reconcile what was said today with the nice young couple that has been active in their worship. I feel their minister will have to work hard to find the message this Sunday after all they have been through.

So instead of it convincing me it was premeditated .....for the very first time ...that part just didn't add up with the preplanning. In fact it has left me very puzzled.

IMO

rsbm: I believe he went about his usual business because he felt he would be believed without question- period.

I really hate to get into the head of someone like this so if you don't want to then please stop reading now ...

-----

But I think killing his kid was part of his sexual fantasy. He was getting off in the middle of the act, like many other murderers have done.

He thought he was finally going to be free of his burdens and able to sleep around with his fantasy women. But fortunately a different future awaits him.

He sexually excited him to think he would soon be childless and also that he had so much control over another human being! He was sexual aroused by the suffering of his little son and his new found freedom!

He also never, never imagined he would be charged with a felony and have cops going through his devices! He genuinely thought, at worst, he might get charged with some misdemeanor child negligent and even that would get thrown out! He didn't think for a second it would turn out this way. He picked this mode of death for his child because he believed 100% he would get away with it!

It sure sounds like he looked up what is considered as 'intent'.

It was like he was trying to spar with them on the correct terminology about what 'intent' means. As if he was telling them they had no proof of 'malicious intent' since he is saying he mistakenly left Cooper in the car. He sounds like a pompous arrogant narcissist who thinks he knows everything.

IMO

Have you read his reddit stuff?

He's an expert at everything and he's emotes at a fortune 50 company....

Eyeroll...

I think the statement about him kissing Cooper and Cooper kissing him back is a bunch of BS too. His reason for the kiss is that he did that in case he never saw Cooper again. Twilight Zone stuff. So superstitious, enough to make it come true. JMO

Since Harris backed into the parking spot, had his friends drop him off at his car (right in front of it), I am thinking that Harris expected one of his friends to notice Cooper was still in the car. Of course by that time Cooper would have already been dead and Harris could begin with his acting and claiming it was an accident, that he "forgot" to take Cooper to day care. But that didn't happen. So then Harris had to "discover" Cooper after 4:15 when he left work.

MOO

Does anyone think mom will be charged and if so what would it be? Are we allowed to post about mom?

I don't know if we are now allowed. She's certainly a suspect in the MSM now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member