GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking at this photograph of the carseat I can understand why he would want to use it the day of the killing. In the lowest position Cooper would be sitting way too low for his head to show past the seat, therefore no one would be able to see him struggling. He tightened the straps as tight as possible to hold the child as low as possible. :banghead:

The lowest setting does not change how Cooper was sitting in the seat or his head room. But it could be set that way to make it look like the child was much smaller than he was.

Okay not arrested at scene maybe, but still, taken away in handcuffs. Not a thing that happens all the time, Imo.

No kid, no husband. 23,000 richer, plus possible life insurance.

I can't go further, or I would break the rules.

No, we can discuss her now!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh please SStarr, I don't want to offend you but why do you go down this path on every case?

The defense might say alot of things............. and?

Oh blame his lingo on the LE brother. Justin "claims" he was a dispatcher. He already knew cop lingo.

Every single case:floorlaugh:

I think that sstar is just being smart and pondering both sides. I don't see anything here that is defending JRH or his actions. She is just looking at both sides. As I do all the time.

Just because we can see the other side does not mean we agree with it.

Can I just say....lightbulbs? Really??? I could have guessed for 100 years what he "placed in the vehicle" and never ever guessed light bulbs lol
Lightbulbs for her "vanity" mirror.
Was that supposed to mean something?
I call them bathroom bulbs.
Did she have some special lamp or something?

Vanity- was she "vain"?
Did he really buy the right bulbs? Was a vanity bulb out?
Did they also sell this bulb at Publix where they got lunch?
I'm sure he got a discount by buying them at Home Depot.

I don't think he thought he'd get caught and I always wonder about the hidden meaning behind people's actions.

I know there probably was nothing behind it, he just needed to stall before returning to work.

jmo

According to an ME on NG. Yes I tuned in folks LOL he felt a combo of both. Fighting to escape and seizing. Poor little man.

My 88 year old mother watched the hearing yesterday, called me crying...

This case just is so heartbreaking!

Wonder if he was on that reddit forum claiming to be child free? I would guess he must have been, if the purpose of it was to discuss life as an adult without children. If it was not reddit, which I am leery of, I might be interested as I am child free and though it was not really a choice, I am quite relieved, overall.

I think there's a good chance the childfree click/search/whatever has nothing to do with the case. Depending on how long ago it was, they could definitely been thinking about what it would be to be childfree due to infertility or he could have been trolling there given his views on abortion, etc. jmo

No, we can discuss her now!!!!

From what I understand we can only discuss her as to what was said at the hearing. She is still a victim until she is a POI or charged.. At least that is what I got. I do have a feeling that soon we will be discussing her in more indepth ways. ;)

I do not believe that either Harris or Leanna had left Cooper in the car before THAT day. I do not believe that Leanna said that comment at day care because Harris or she had done this before. I believe that Leanna made that comment at day care because this was planned by both Harris and Leanna. Let's just say that neither of these "parents" are good actors. Neither one could act as though they were truly upset about Cooper's death. Neither one could act as though their world was crashing down on their heads. I am honestly surprised that either one could keep the smiles off their faces at Harris's "job well done".

I am still waiting on LE to arrest and charge Leanna.

MOO

To have both parents collude to murder their baby in such a heinous fashion would be so incredibly diabolical, I'm giving the mother the benefit of the doubt at this point. But her reaction and behavior as described at yesterday's hearing IS very, very troubling. She certainly isn't helping herself.

JMO

Lightbulbs for her "vanity" mirror.
Was that supposed to mean something?
I call them bathroom bulbs.
Did she have some special lamp or something?

Vanity- was she "vain"?
Did he really buy the right bulbs? Was a vanity bulb out?
Did they also sell this bulb at Publix where they got lunch?
I'm sure he got a discount by buying them at Home Depot.

I don't think he thought he'd get caught and I always wonder about the hidden meaning behind people's actions.

I know there probably was nothing behind it, he just needed to stall before returning to work.

jmo

I think he needed new light bulbs so he would have enough lighting to take more perverted selfies of his private parts. barf

I think they're the specific type of large, round, white bulbs you see around a vanity in a dressing room, for example. I know them as "vanity" bulbs, too. Don't think there was any hidden meaning there, but that's jmo.

When rear facing the straps must be below the child shoulders. MUST. But Cooper would not need the lowest setting to be rfing properly. You want the harness height that is closest to the shoulders but still lower or just even.

If they were at the lowest setting, It means that they were either using it improperly and never adjusted them or they put them back like that on purpose.

Yep. And also, it would make it easier for him to wiggle out of the harness with them on the lowest setting, because he'd have more strap going over his shoulders. Strap can move, hard plastic shell can't.

I'm guessing he was sedated, because even properly restrained my three could undo the harness clip by about that age and wiggle an arm out if they were really pissed.

The lowest setting does not change how Cooper was sitting in the seat or his head room. But it could be set that way to make it look like the child was much smaller than he was.
Was Cooper small for his age? I just don't think I could've crammed my 2 yr old in his car seat at the infant setting. But that was many years ago. [emoji6]

Everybody - look up! Cooper has his own forum now, under Featured Cases. I'll review any requests for specific threads now. I know we had a request for a scientific thread.

Members may also make their own threads at this point. Just keep in mind that threads may be merged if we get duplicates or very similar subjects that can be discussed as one.

Salem

Salem

LOL, well there goes the ability of the defense to say the low amount is no big deal.

I'm telling you this guy is a MORON.

She's the brains.
Imo

Post #4 has now been updated with the following information:

Mom is no longer considered a victim for Websleuths purposes. She can be discussed in the context of what she has said in the media and in the warrants and the information that came out in court at the Probable Cause/Bond Hearing.

As far as sleuthing mom, the door is now open.

Please post accordingly.

Salem

:bump:

After looking at this photograph of the carseat I can understand why he would want to use it the day of the killing. In the lowest position Cooper would be sitting way too low for his head to show past the seat, therefore no one would be able to see him struggling. He tightened the straps as tight as possible to hold the child as low as possible. :banghead:

I don't know how it was possible to secure Cooper with the straps in that position and I doubt he was. Remember, Harris removed the baby from the seat. I think that was done because he wasn't strapped into it.

I live in Tuscaloosa. The supporters I've seen tonight are people who actually know RH. Someone commented about "lies, news reports, and gossip" and how if "any of us actually knew him, we'd know he has NO sense of smell and is deaf in one ear.

"Supporters who know Ross are backing him." I'm not sure I would connect dots between someone knowing him and being innocent. Not uncommon for close relatives to be in denial and have blind loyalty for a relative charged with murder. That's low bar of standard to say one believes he is not guilty.

I want to say this: I first came to WS a few years ago after following another case involving a young child. In that case I came down on the side of the parents (not whole-heartedly, mind you, but just because there was not real evidence that they did something deliberately, so I was on the side of 'it could have been a tragic accident') and do you know what? In THAT case, it is still fuzzy for me (and I see some of the same posters who shared my doubt in that case and maybe still do) but in this one......I have to say, it only gets less fuzzy with every detail revealed and before today's evidence I was already on the side of 'child cruelty 2nd degree + therefore felony murder in an un-premeditated case' proved but after this I am all, 'WHY are they not charging with a malice crime""'

It's...a turnaround for me, this.

I was telling people around me giving Harris the benefit of the doubt (when he was first arrested) that I supported the charges as 2nd degree and felony murder because I didn't care if it was an "accident." To me, an accident isn't leaving your child in the car all day. An accident is the scar on my hip where my mother literally put a diaper pin straight through me when I was an infant. Or the inch and a half scar under my bottom lip where I got my dad's razor when he stepped out of the bathroom when I was two. Or the time I spilled some boiling water, while on vacation, on my then 18 month old daughter when she quietly crawled in the kitchen in between my legs and I turned to take noodles off the stove and put them in the strainer in the sink. Thank god, she was ok and had no scars from the incident.

But, I could never imagine a scenario where I forgot my kid in the car.

So, I was all for the 2nd degree charges and felony murder charges as they were even if it hadn't been intended. Your child died as a result of unimaginable neglect, not an accident.

BUT, I've felt from the day it happened he left that boy in the car on purpose. And now that they state has shown what they have (and I'll admit they revealed so much more than I thought they would), I fully believe we will see an upgrade in charges. And the murder charge won't be based off a cruelty to children charge either because if it is he will either be out in 30 years or eligible for parole in 30 years. He's going to have a straight up murder charge.

I thought I heard them dropping like flies yesterday....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member