GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky said:
how far from here did the runaway bride live?

The runaway bride lived 1.5 miles from my door. Ocilla, Georgia is many miles away. Hundreds....Do mapquest.

I remember something being said about the person who called 20 times. He was worried, as she didn't show up wherever it was she was supposed to be that day.

I'm back home for GA. The newspaper article inflated the search numbers a bit. Saturday we had a little less than 200 searchers. Sunday around 100.

Beth Twitty got there on Friday and left around noon Saturday to make it home for a Saturday night FOX interview. We talked several times Saturday morning.

A tip came in on Saturday that sent Tim Miller and a search team to that area. I had to leave before they returned so I don't know how much of the area they covered. I'm sure if they had found anything the media would have announced it.

I did an interview with Court TV but who knows if/when it will be shown.

sirensong said:
I remember something being said about the person who called 20 times. He was worried, as she didn't show up wherever it was she was supposed to be that day.

when the police looked at the phone on her charger and saw 20 unanswered calls, they must have gone to whoever it was this person was that was calling to find out what was so important.

didn't Peterson make calls to a number he knew would never be answered also? That way he could say he had been trying to reach her and no clue where she was...

Nancy Grace - 12/12/05
Tara's story will be covered again on "Nancy Grace" tonight on CNN Headline News. Her segment will air at 8:40pm from in front of Tara's home. T.E.S., as well as Tara's sister, Anita will be on the show.
This is subject to change based on developments in the Tookie Williams story.

RCOOKE said:
I'm back home for GA. The newspaper article inflated the search numbers a bit. Saturday we had a little less than 200 searchers. Sunday around 100.

Beth Twitty got there on Friday and left around noon Saturday to make it home for a Saturday night FOX interview. We talked several times Saturday morning.

A tip came in on Saturday that sent Tim Miller and a search team to that area. I had to leave before they returned so I don't know how much of the area they covered. I'm sure if they had found anything the media would have announced it.

I did an interview with Court TV but who knows if/when it will be shown.
Thanks for the update and all the good work, Robert. You sound just exhausted.

A man who calls that obsessively over a woman is abusive and angry for some reason...worry does play a part...depends how far he could be pushed....

Tara Media Coverage - 12/20
MSNBC - at 10pm
Greta Van Susteren - at 10:30pm
WMAZ Channel 13 Albany - an extensive piece on Tara's story will air during the 6pm sequence. Check www.wmaz.com after 8pm to view the story online.

$200,000 is a lot of money for people living in that area. If someone knows something, the new reward should start someone talking.

Trackers Global: Agency family has chosen to help them.

A Non-Profit Organization dedicated to Recovery of Missing, Abducted, and Runaway Persons.

Specializing in:
Aerial and Underwater Video/Still Shot Photography.
Investigations of Missing, Abducted, or Runaway Persons.
The Organization of Effective Search Efforts.
Usage of the latest Video Technology & GPS Systems.

If You need our organization to help find a loved one, We are a Non-Profit Organization that is Free of Charge to Families in need of our services.

You May Contact Us at:

Trackers Global
115 Lonnie Johnson Rd
Hazlehurst, GA 31539
(912) 266-0514
Email Us:help@trackersglobal.com

I have heard a lot comments about her being a runaway bride situation. I don't believe this.

concernedperson said:
I have heard a lot comments about her being a runaway bride situation. I don't believe this.

I don't believe it either. Although it appears she left her house voluntarily, I don't think she would abandon her pets, take no clothes, make-up, etc., take no money, leave her job, leave her house and car to be repossessed, to say nothing of allowing such an extensive search. There has been no movement on her bank accounts since she left, so how would she be surviving? The Tara sightings seem unfounded.

Because her house was locked, I think she was meeting someone she knew, but who? MH appears to have moved on with his life. D has been cleared, as well as the 20-something guy that stalked her.

Maybe it's just me, but IMO Tara seemed out of place in Oscilla, i.e. a beauty queen, highly educated, etc. Someone could have been stalking her, someone she thought was a friend.

They gathered together on a crisp winter's night, more than 100 of them by most accounts, ignoring the now worn yellow police tape that marked the boundaries of Tara Grinstead's modest yard, overlooking the forlorn jack-o-lantern that has now remained untouched for more than two months.

Among them were friends, and family, and others who have for more than two months now worked feverishly for the safe return of the missing beauty queen and high school teacher. They prayed. Some sang. And one by one, they placed ornaments, ornate and glimmering memorials to hope, hung with love on Tara's Christmas tree.

"It was really touching," said Steve Rodgers, a family friend who works with a Florida-based missing children's organization and has also helped in the search for missing Alabama teen Natalee Holloway. The Thursday night vigil the only Christmas celebration that Tara's family has planned this year was not intended to be a memorial, Rodgers said. Instead, it was meant to be a testament to the hope that Tara would return home safely. And it was also a tribute, he said, to the ways in which Tara had touched her community. "I would say there was somewhere between 100 and 150 people," Rodgers said, all there to remember the 30-year-old who vanished without a trace on Oct. 22 following the annual sweet potato festival and beauty pageant. And it was done with a mix of melancholy and hope. "The first girl that Tara helped in a beauty pageant came and sang a beautiful song," Rodgers said, "and we all took our ornaments and hung them on Tara's tree."

The tree is expected to remain in place for some time, perhaps as long as the case remains unresolved.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1205/2301_taras_tree.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member