GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On AMW's website I read the following info that the site says was last updated on Nov/15/2005

Tara's family thinks it's strange that her car --still parked in the carport--was left unlocked. They also say that the driver's seat was pushed back too far for the 5'3" woman.

And according to Anita(Tara's sister), the car seats were pushed too far back for Tara. Tara is only 5'3" and kept the seats much closer to the steering wheel.

Even more out of character for Tara, Gattis says, was leaving home without her cell phone. The phone was left inside the house on its charger.

The clothing that Tara wore on the night of her disappearance was in her bedroom in this pile. Gattis says her sister was meticulous and would never leave clothes on the floor.

These are the shoes Tara was wearing on October 22, and her sister says Tara always kept her shoes in boxes.

This alarm clock was under Tara's bed and was off by six hours. This struck Gattis as highly unusual too because she says Tara is very punctual.

Tara's sister says this broken lamp--on a nightstand near her bed--may be evidence of foul play

Anita told AMW that a clock Tara kept near her bed was found under the bed -- and the time was six hours off. She said that a broken lamp was tilted against a wall, which would've been unlike Tara, who Anita says is very meticulous.

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/evidence_clues.cfm?id=35468
http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=35468
Also on the site I read:
There have also been reports that a latex glove was found on Tara's front lawn, which police say has been submitted to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation for testing.
Go to the AMW website to see more.

PrayersForMaura said:
I had read it was the home cordless phone in the bathroom, not the cell phone. Her cell phone was on her charger.
Where did you hear the cell phone was in the bathroom?

You are correct it was just a phone not her cell phone. I typed the wrong thing.

absolut said:
I find the lack of coverage incredible.

Either the family is driving it, or GBI and LE is just this inept. Every Georgia case looks the same at this point.

Sueann Ray
Tara Grinstead
Leslie Adams

And all the ones who never got coverage in the first place.

I am having to agree with you and I am from the area. Read about a trial starting this a.m. for 15 yr. girl that was murdered in 2002 had never heard of the case.

Trino said:
Is it true (NE story) that the "family friend" called Tara some 20 times Saturday evening? Why would he have done this? Why would Tara have gotten upsetwhen he came to school? Maybe he is totally innocent, but I just can't put these rumors (?) aside.
I agree with you,is this "family friend" the married cop?

absolut said:
I find the lack of coverage incredible.

Either the family is driving it, or GBI and LE is just this inept. Every Georgia case looks the same at this point.

Sueann Ray
Tara Grinstead
Leslie Adams

And all the ones who never got coverage in the first place.

I listen to the families of these women and they are all just so frustrated by what they feel is the lack of interest by LE. Two of the families have hired PI's hoping to find something out. Leslie Adam's family, according to her sister, just found out through the media that there was blood and a spent bullet at Leslie's home. That was on Nancy Grace tonight. Families shouldn't have to hear info from the media. It has to be horrible not having a clue what LE is doing...if anything.

Bobbisangel said:
I listen to the families of these women and they are all just so frustrated by what they feel is the lack of interest by LE. Two of the families have hired PI's hoping to find something out. Leslie Adam's family, according to her sister, just found out through the media that there was blood and a spent bullet at Leslie's home. That was on Nancy Grace tonight. Families shouldn't have to hear info from the media. It has to be horrible not having a clue what LE is doing...if anything.

I'm confused. Who is Leslie Adams, and how is Leslie's connected to Tara?

Trino said:
There are 3 missing women getting press in Georgia right now, all the cases are at similar points and LE seems to be in a quagmeyer in all 3. The GBI is also involved in all 3. Leslie Adams 40 missing Oct. 21, Tara Grinstead Missing Oct. 22 and Sueann Ray Missing Aug 26th.

That's what I was referring to earlier when I asked whether it was true that GBI had trouble with these types of cases, after I saw a similar struggle coming from Sue Ann Ray's family. I think it's very strange that what is supposed to be a higher level of LE has almost more trouble solving cases than the local police.

Trino said:

Leslie is another woman that is missing in that same area or state at least. None of the three women are connected to each other.

Hundreds of volunteers are needed for a massive search for missing teacher Tara Grinstead.

Texas EquuSearch, a search and recovery team, issued a news release Thursday requesting help Saturday and Dec. 11 as they search points of interest in Irwin County.

Anyone interested in volunteering is asked to call the Irwin County Sheriff's Office at (229) 468-7459 or the Tara Command Center at (229) 468-0667.
http://www.macon.com/mld/macon/13323034.htm

absolut said:
Well that was really interesting. Thanks for posting the link.
I had been following this story but got sidetracked for a while.
So, the clock never kept proper time, possible sitings of Tara and she perhaps went missing on Sunday instead?

Boy ... this is a tough case to solve. I sure hope she is alive.

I don't see a family friend that is a married guy making 20 phone calls to her unless there is more going on. Her family may not know if anything was going on between the two. Plenty of families start off supporting a suspect until they find they have been decieved.

I don't buy the suicide idea. What, she takes her purse and walks to kill herself?
It looks like she went with someone. Didn't the family friend call her 20 the day she went missing? He had to be stressing over something. She told people that it was thank you calls about the pagent. That is covering up if the friend was really the caller. Doubt she wanted her family to know if she was involved with this guy. It would cause a rift.

I can't figure out too much about this crime but to say that she didn't kill herself. The rest is a mystery at this point.

From the NE link.

"In a stunning development, a source revealed that the officer repeatedly phoned Tara in the hours before she vanished from her Georgia home at 11 pm on October 22. "He called her more than 20 times," the source said."

That says the calls were made in the hours before 11 pm. That is a lot of calls and she wasn't missing then, so they were not calls made looking for her. Why would a male married family friend call her that many times the day she disappears?
I will consider the source though.

Texas EquuSearch asked me to help with this weekend's search for Tara. There are already 300 searchers signed up for Saturday and there will probably be many more there.

I will give a report about the search when I get back on Monday.

RCOOKE said:
Texas EquuSearch asked me to help with this weekend's search for Tara. There are already 300 searchers signed up for Saturday and there will probably be many more there.

I will give a report about the search when I get back on Monday.
That's great. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member