GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The neighbor had a key to her house. He was the one that took her car and cleaned it after it was fingerprinted. He also cut the grass. He seems grandfatherly but I don't know. He had a lot of access and he and his wife went to a cabin the day Tara went missing.Nothing I am saying is accusatory and could be normal for a small town. Like I said, not enough info being released to give an intelligent analysis. So speculation is up in the air.

concernedperson said:
The neighbor had a key to her house. He was the one that took her car and cleaned it after it was fingerprinted. He also cut the grass. He seems grandfatherly but I don't know. He had a lot of access and he and his wife went to a cabin the day Tara went missing.Nothing I am saying is accusatory and could be normal for a small town. Like I said, not enough info being released to give an intelligent analysis. So speculation is up in the air.
OH yeah! I did read about him. That does sound fishy.
I wonder if he has taken a lie detector test?
I would definitely look into that.
The dog would probably trust him, too, since he's a neighbor.

murraydwyer said:
I received this message from the webmaster of Tara's website...though, I don't really know what went on:

As you may know there has been a lot of controversy on the forum. That was not the intention when it was created. I still believe that it can be a constructive meeting place for those interested in finding Tara. I prefer the focus to be on that. With that said, I spent all day making various contacts to see if someone else was willing to run a forum for people who want to explore things that we're not comfortable with here. I found someone who would.

Our forum will focus on latebreaking news, news coverage, search efforts, psychic insights, etc. The other forum is out of my hands.

He is working on it now and said it will be up and running soon. It is www.talktara.com

I don't know what it will turn in to and frankly don't want to. I hope everyone will continue to participate here but at least everyone has a choice now. I hope anyway.

Regards to all....

Thanks for getting that info!

Hbgchick said:
Does anyone know where her dog and cat were when the police arrived to search for her?

The dog was in the back yard and the cat was in the house according to early reports I read. Any reason you ask this?

I read that Court TV reporters will be going to Ocilla on Tuesday, I think tomorrow Tuesday not next week's Tuesday. It has to do with Tim Miller and the search that they will be doing. Hopefully they will have some news about this case which has gone eerily quiet.

concernedperson said:
The dog was in the back yard and the cat was in the house according to early reports I read. Any reason you ask this?

I read that Court TV reporters will be going to Ocilla on Tuesday, I think tomorrow Tuesday not next week's Tuesday. It has to do with Tim Miller and the search that they will be doing. Hopefully they will have some news about this case which has gone eerily quiet.
Yes. An animal lover would be sure that their pets would be safe, fed, and cared for if they were planning on suicide or a voluntary disappearance.

Tammie63 said:
That is very interesting.
The SoS thing is very interesting.

Human trafficking is very possible these days.
And there is no trace of Tara.
I wonder if she's been kidnapped abroad?

Is she being held in China?
How odd would that be?

PrayersForMaura said:
That is very interesting.
The SoS thing is very interesting.

Actually, there's a lot about this case that's interesting. It is my understanding that nearly all of Ocilla is somehow related to this case, either through distant relatives, the early suspects, or the investigators, and most people are very opinionated. Two "boards" were removed because of opinions, and even the new one has had some posts removed. I just don't understand, but, then, I don't live in Ocilla.

The GBI is also acting very strangely. Why remove her pic from the front page? Is it still there at all?

The sheriff's physical investigation seems done, as in, "Well, we've checked everything in the county..." But, what about other counties? Wasn't she attending classes outside Oscilla? Why hasn't anyone checked her classmates?

The home crime scene investigation from what I've read seemed sloppy - people walking in and out of the house, washing the car. Then, there's the possibility of a Good Ole Boy's LE association, since another office was once a suspect. What about the fire? LE says nothing.

Oscilla appears to have clammed up pretty tightly. Was Tara kidnapped? Did she leave voluntarily? Voluntarily, then abducted? Suicide? What's the real Oscilla theory?

I come from a very small town, although not as small as Ocilla sounds, but there are always two sides to every person. The public side and the private side. The Homecoming Queen who is an angel with her parents and a total crack smoking party girl with her friends, the Mayor who's a pillar of their community but beats his wife daily etc etc. All kids hide things from their parents and the rest of the world and I get the feeling that there is more to Tara than just a Beauty Queen. It's just my opinion, but I think she may have been having a hard time maintaining the beauty queen image, especially if the reports of an affair were true. It may have been too much to see a much of new queen candidates all together and looking forward and maybe Tara couldn't take that aspect of her life being over.

I think that this little town may not want a bunch of people looking through their dirty laundry and may have a good idea what may have happened but might not want to share. I hope to god that she hasn't done anything to herself, but I just don't get the feeling that someone else abducted or hurt her. JMHO.

Montanagirl said:
I think that this little town may not want a bunch of people looking through their dirty laundry and may have a good idea what may have happened but might not want to share. I hope to god that she hasn't done anything to herself, but I just don't get the feeling that someone else abducted or hurt her. JMHO.

I think YHO has good possibilities. Two sour love affairs, assuming there was one with D, is a lot to take. The only nagging question is would she abandon her dog and cat?

The inside of the house, according to LE, did not support the theory of a struggle; it was locked. (Not too many abductors would stop to lock the door when struggling with a kidnap victim.)

A lot of unanswered questions, for sure. I've read about Harper's tight alibi, but LE just said D was cleared. Why not a better explanation? Did he call her 20 times as the NE wrote, or wasn't that true.

Trino said:
I think YHO has good possibilities. Two sour love affairs, assuming there was one with D, is a lot to take. The only nagging question is would she abandon her dog and cat?

The inside of the house, according to LE, did not support the theory of a struggle; it was locked. (Not too many abductors would stop to lock the door when struggling with a kidnap victim.)

A lot of unanswered questions, for sure. I've read about Harper's tight alibi, but LE just said D was cleared. Why not a better explanation? Did he call her 20 times as the NE wrote, or wasn't that true.

You ask a lot of good questions. LE is not giving any answers or providing any info as if to make this case go away. I still think she was lured out of her house by someone she trusted. Cell phone left in bathroom...talking on the phone touching up your makeup before you leave.

A woman who would attempt suicide, for instance, would do this at home. She would have pills and stage everything around her departure. So, IMO, suicide is out of the question.

nanandjim said:
Interesting...It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this were true. I hope they find Tara.

Yes, but if LE said that all three suspects were cleared. It still seems very suspicious that he called Tara 20 times, assuming that's true. Sure wish I were in on the conversations.

Trino said:
Yes, but if LE said that all three suspects were cleared. It still seems very suspicious that he called Tara 20 times, assuming that's true. Sure wish I were in on the conversations.
LE may be saying that all suspects are cleared hoping that one of them will relax, slip up and make a mistake.

nanandjim said:
LE may be saying that all suspects are cleared hoping that one of them will relax, slip up and make a mistake.

Good point. Harper has a good alibi, and I really don't think he was involved. It's hard to do any sort of sleuthing or have an opinion when everyone, including LE, is so tight-lipped. Gee, don't they want our help?

Tonight on Nancy Grace Tara's sister was once again asking for help in finding her sister. She stated that the police haven't really been working on her missing sister's case, Tara has been missing 32 days now, she was going to 2 different college's and the police have not even questioned anyone from the 2 college's. This is so sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop