GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder just what kind of training the LE has in missing persons cases..specially investigating????
transcripts from Nancy Grace Show 11/23
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0511/23/ng.01.html

"GRACE: According to the sheriff, they have followed up all leads in the case of Tara Grinstead, a missing beauty queen.

But I want to straight out to her brother-in-law, Larry Gattis. Larry, is it true police not questioned the people in her study groups at her schools?

LARRY GATTIS, TARA GRINSTEAD`S BROTHER-IN-LAW: That`s right, Nancy. I thought it might be helpful to find something out about things she did when she was outside of Oscilla, especially in class, and places she liked to go and some of her friends. So I made a trip there Monday night to Tifton (ph), at Abraham Baldwin College, where she had a class with Dr. Ronnie Green (ph).

And I had called him and spoke with him and the other professors earlier, and they invited me to the class and I went there Monday night. They were all really receptive, and I found to my surprise that they hadn`t talked to any law enforcement at all, the professors or the students.:banghead:

wish they would think outside the box....or heck at least outside their small community...

I feel as if I am missing something in this case. This case has a handle but I am just not seeing it yet. Let me take a little bit of time here to muse out loud.

Ok she did not step into the twilight zone. She never switched on the light when she got home so she was already in distress and wanted the neighbors to know. How could she already be in distress when she got inside the home?

Wait, How do I know she got home? Did anyone see her go inside her home? I need to reread some things. Her car came home but who drove it home?

Also:
When I first heard of this case with the clock time being off I wondered if it had been unplugged, possibly someone hiding under the bed had unplugged it accidently or something and then later had plugged it in again. But now I also wonder if the breaker switch on the breaker box had been switched off to ensure that she was unable to switch on a light. Maybe L.E. need to dust the breaker box switches too.

If she did indeed make it home with her car (as opposed to someone else driving her car home after having already killed her) then perhaps the lights would not turn on because someone already in the house had turned off the breaker. She might have been taken unawares in the dark before having a chance to struggle and hence the necklace left behind unseen because the killer did not see it fall in the dark and later missed it when the power was turned on again - just as the L.E. later missed it in daylight?

Now then . . hmmm how was the getaway made? If he had a car parked in front of her house wouldn't she have seen it and failed to enter her home?
This means either he had his car hidden elsewhere but not too far away or that she recognized the car as belonging to someone she trusted.

The mom (or was it grandmother - cant remember) stated on TV tonight that Tara was "just friends" with the cop that is a family friend but she didn't sound too terribly certain of it. I can just imagine a cop car at her house when she gets home and him out front saying "We think your home was broken into again. Let's go in and see if anything is missing." and he would have on evidence gloves to avoid contaminating the scene,or so he would say. Inside it would be dark because he had already flipped off the breaker.
And then as she gets in far enough he closes the door and . . . . then what? . . . hmmm he would need to quickly subdue her with no blood and little if any struggle. . . .quick side to side neck snap? or taser? head lock? hit on the head with gun? So he misses the necklace because he didnt see it fall when she fell against him and outside he loses one of the gloves outside because its dark and he didnt see it drop either. He flips on the breaker just before leaving.

Ok time to rewind a bit: Maybe someone other than the cop was waiting for her. But then I have to ask:Someone that had tried before to get in her home or one of his acquaintances? Or perhaps Ex bf or lover had hired someone to do the deed? I wonder if he thought to wear the gloves when flipping the breaker- if that is what happened.

I know. I know. This is all speculation for now and rambling at that. I will ponder this awhile longer. Hopefully I will someday have something better to offer regarding this case.

nanandjim said:
Interesting...It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this were true. I hope they find Tara.

Tara's sister said tonight on one of the shows that the policeman is a family friend who has been a family friend for a long time. There was nothing going on between him and Tara. It sounded like the whole family is close to this policeman and his family. Just more gossip...it sounds like.

Nancy covered three cases on her show tonight....Tara's case.....Sue Ann Ray's case and Leslie Adams case. In each case LE has done very little. GBI has taken over and don't seem to be doing much more. I know that two of the families have hired PI's to come in and help investigate the cases because they have no faith in LE. It was really sad listening to the families and their frustration with the investigators. I hope the PI's can find out some things that LE hasn't bothered checking out.

Doc, all good thoughts. The breaker box was one I hadn't thought of and that would explain the clock being off several hours. The reason I think she made it home is because the clothes she wore that evening were found in the home under another pile of clothes. In addition, her cellphone was found in the bathroom and it has been said that she always carried it with her.

Bobbisangel said:
Tara's sister said tonight on one of the shows that the policeman is a family friend who has been a family friend for a long time. There was nothing going on between him and Tara. It sounded like the whole family is close to this policeman and his family. Just more gossip...it sounds like.

Glad to know that. Rumors can ruin a person's reputation. So, it appears that someone outside of Oscilla may be involved. GBI - get busy!

concernedperson said:
Doc, all good thoughts. The breaker box was one I hadn't thought of and that would explain the clock being off several hours. The reason I think she made it home is because the clothes she wore that evening were found in the home under another pile of clothes. In addition, her cellphone was found in the bathroom and it has been said that she always carried it with her.
That's the first I heard about her clothes from that day being in the bathroom and the cell phone too. Thats important to know too. Thx.

Do you know if the pile of clothes on top of her clothes were positioned in such a way that they could have been knocked over and just landed on top? Or were they piled as per getting ready to be put in the washing machine?

Are ther any other details I need to know, any other pieces of the puzzle in that home that I need to account for when theorizing?

Thanks for the help.

concernedperson said:
I had read it was the home cordless phone in the bathroom, not the cell phone. Her cell phone was on her charger.
Where did you hear the cell phone was in the bathroom?

Bobbisangel said:
ok these policeman are family friends ... are these the same LE who are supposedly not doing anything to investigate or help solve this case, per Nancy Grace's transcrpt's and the post above yours??

PrayersForMaura said:
ok these policeman are family friends ... are these the same LE who are supposedly not doing anything to investigate or help solve this case, per Nancy Grace's transcrpt's and the post above yours??

Is it true (NE story) that the "family friend" called Tara some 20 times Saturday evening? Why would he have done this? Why would Tara have gotten upsetwhen he came to school? Maybe he is totally innocent, but I just can't put these rumors (?) aside.

I can see someone being concerened and calling about 4 or 5 times, but 20 seems obsesive. If he is a good friend of the family why didn't he call someone else in her family? Wouldn't the wife be a friend as well? Maybe he was a good friend but the wife had some issues (maybe they were too close).
JMO but maybe Tara's sister is saying this to protect Tara's reputation if she is still out there.

CrimeHater said:
I can see someone being concerened and calling about 4 or 5 times, but 20 seems obsesive. If he is a good friend of the family why didn't he call someone else in her family? Wouldn't the wife be a friend as well? Maybe he was a good friend but the wife had some issues (maybe they were too close).

I guess it's also possible, assuming LE's phone # was a home phone, that someone else in the family also called. But, why all the calls? There seems to be something that's missing.

Also, there has not been an answer as to why Tara went home from school crying when he showed up. Even if there wasn't an affair, something doesn't add up.

I'm basing these two things on the NE story and on forums that were shut down.

Trino said:
Is it true (NE story) that the "family friend" called Tara some 20 times Saturday evening? Why would he have done this? Why would Tara have gotten upsetwhen he came to school? Maybe he is totally innocent, but I just can't put these rumors (?) aside.
I have read that in multiple places, including on the three forums where friends and family seem to post (not here).

I also read about the older neighbor who has a key to her house, washed the car, things like that. That seemed odd to me, too.

I do suspect the married cop friend and the neighbor, but not the ex boyfriend or the kid who had a crush on her.
But I also think she could've run away.

PrayersForMaura said:
I do suspect the married cop friend and the neighbor, but not the ex boyfriend or the kid who had a crush on her.
But I also think she could've run away.

If the door was locked, it would appear she willingly left the house. However, someone still could have abducted her. I just can't figure out when she might have gone and why.

PrayersForMaura said:

I have no idea what force the policeman that Nancy referred to is on. I haven't read the NE to know what was said there either about a policeman. I just know that Nancy asked the sister about the rumors involving a policeman and that is what her sister said....friend of whole family for many years.

Bobbisangel said:
I have no idea what force the policeman that Nancy referred to is on. I haven't read the NE to know what was said there either about a policeman. I just know that Nancy asked the sister about the rumors involving a policeman and that is what her sister said....friend of whole family for many years.

Thought this might clarify things.

http://www.missingabducted.com/index.php/2005/11/18

Challenging a report in the National Enquirer that “a married police officer,” had called Tara some 20 times before her disappearance, the source said it would make sense that Dykes, who was privy to the emotional distress Tara had been suffering as a result of her breakup, would have repeatedly to reach the woman he regarded as a close friend and confident. In fact, though Tara was not officially reported missing until Monday the 24, several people had noticed her absence on Sunday and some, Dykes among them, had telephoned her home looking for her.

Nothing new on Tara I guess. Evidentally the searches haven't turned up anything. I was hoping that they would. If someone took her somewhere she could end up anywhere....even a state or two away. I wish something would break on this case. My heart goes out to Tara's family.

Bobbisangel said:
Nothing new on Tara I guess. Evidentally the searches haven't turned up anything. I was hoping that they would. If someone took her somewhere she could end up anywhere....even a state or two away. I wish something would break on this case. My heart goes out to Tara's family.
I am reading anywhere I can and nothing new. It is so frustrating but don't worry if anythng pops up I will report.

I find the lack of coverage incredible.

Either the family is driving it, or GBI and LE is just this inept. Every Georgia case looks the same at this point.

Sueann Ray
Tara Grinstead
Leslie Adams

And all the ones who never got coverage in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en