GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how long did you follow the case?

I followed it for about the first 2 years. Then sadly other disappearances occurred, which took my attention away. I don't know if you've seen Tara's Disappeared episode, but it was well done. I believe it may have been a 48 Hours episode that dealt with Tara's case and the case of Jennifer Kesse. Apparently, at one point police thought their cases could have been connected.

at first i was a little confused but now i am convinced it was heath dykes. why? i will explain

1. he left about 15-20 voicemail messages the next day she dissapeared.( i mean they were good friends but thats a little to obsessive in my own opinion.)

2.he travelled one hour and 20 minutes from his home to her house, the next day she dissapeared, we know by phone records that he was at her house at 12 midnight, because he called her mom to ask if she have heard from her. ( we are talking about a married man, with two kids, what are you doing at midnight in her house?? would love to know the story he told his wife that night)

3. he left a business card in her door,( really?? i mean come on these two were childhood friends, why leave a business card, especially if u allready left numerous voicemails)

4. he was at her house before anyone knew she was missing, that means that the glove was there when he got there, thats if he wasnt the abductor/killer( he didnt see the glove, i mean i know it was dark but he lawn was prescint he should have seen it, especially if he is a police captain, they watch every detail, unless he dropped it)

5. he was inside tara's house , when that vickers guy came to her house and knocked on her door really loud, we know this because of the police report ( that in my opinion maybe he thought that the opportunity can be right, i mean if he ever did something, now there was somebody that could be blamed for, its important to try to think like a bad guy here)

6 and to make matters worse neither in the show dissapeared nor in 48 hours did they say in detail who he was or nothing not even his name, (thats weird to me)

so what so you think my friend? either this guy has the worst luck in the world or he is the one that did it

at first i was a little confused but now i am convinced it was heath dykes. why? i will explain

1. he left about 15-20 voicemail messages the next day she dissapeared.( i mean they were good friends but thats a little to obsessive in my own opinion.)

2.he travelled one hour and 20 minutes from his home to her house, the next day she dissapeared, we know by phone records that he was at her house at 12 midnight, because he called her mom to ask if she have heard from her. ( we are talking about a married man, with two kids, what are you doing at midnight in her house?? would love to know the story he told his wife that night)

3. he left a business card in her door,( really?? i mean come on these two were childhood friends, why leave a business card, especially if u allready left numerous voicemails)

4. he was at her house before anyone knew she was missing, that means that the glove was there when he got there, thats if he wasnt the abductor/killer( he didnt see the glove, i mean i know it was dark but he lawn was prescint he should have seen it, especially if he is a police captain, they watch every detail, unless he dropped it)

5. he was inside tara's house , when that vickers guy came to her house and knocked on her door really loud, we know this because of the police report ( that in my opinion maybe he thought that the opportunity can be right, i mean if he ever did something, now there was somebody that could be blamed for, its important to try to think like a bad guy here)

6 and to make matters worse neither in the show dissapeared nor in 48 hours did they say in detail who he was or nothing not even his name, (thats weird to me)

so what so you think my friend? either this guy has the worst luck in the world or he is the one that did it

It's good to have new discussion here. Welcome to WS Alexzamora!

I think MH did it with a 2nd choice of HD. Recently, I drove through the little town of Ocilla. I wish I had had time to stop & engage some locals about their theories. Somebody is getting away with murder.

why do you think it was mh? i was in ocilla for a week, and let me tell you its a weird little town, mystery surrounds it.

I used to follow Tara's case. I always had the impression that she was a very interesting young woman. I can't believe that there aren't any updates or that they haven't located her yet. I hope that her family and friends get closure someday.
I read there was an arrest made in the Holly Bobo case and that was a case that seemed dead too but finally some results. Maybe in time this case too will have a result. I just hope it will be a happy result. (Sorry, I always wish for nice things to happen even though I know it doesn't always work out that way.)

Thanks, I am always hoping the same

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

1. glove found on yard about a footstep from her doorsteps, it contains dna but nobody matches, nobody.

2. A house mysteriously burns down, possibly arson, a month after she dissapears, in the same city.

3. her brother in law fails one question from a lie detector test, the question was if he had an affair with tara, it showed deception.

4. a married cop, (close friend of her) drives one hour and ten minutes to her house, the day after she dissapears and leaves a business card, he had left 22 voice mails the previous night.

5. Three months before she went missing, a former student, comes to her house and knocks violently in her door, trying to force his way in. The neighbors calls the police and it becomes a disturbance. The married cop was inside her house, visiting at the time.

6. Her ex boyfriend was in town the same night she went missing, he went to a local tavern, and then did a ride along with a former friend of his, sergeant sean fletcher. That ride along he did becomes his alibi.

7. In an interview he gave to the media, the ex boyfriend said , that she had been at her house, the week before she went missing and told him, that if he didnt return with her, she was going to commit suicide.

8. The police finds 100 dollars in her unlocked car dashboard, and her seat had been moving back, too back for her, she was only 5'3.

9. No sign of forced entry, the only items that were missing was her keys, her purse, and her earrings. Her cell phone was found plugged in charge.

10. two witness saw a black truck park in her house after she dissapear.

These reasons make this case one of the hardest cases ever, too many distractions, i found more reasons to suspect of heath dykes but everyone could have done it, what do you guys think??

Has there been any news lately on Tara Grinstead ? This has to be one of the toughest missing person cases I've come across. Its been almost 10 years and there isn't even a concrete suspect. With the lack of progress and issues concerning the GBI and local LE, the FBI needs to take over the case.

Anyone else out there think that the glove might be a complete red herring? The fact that the DNA can't be tied to anyone just makes it seem like its either nothing, the killer had an accomplish, or the killer is somebody totally on the periphery of Tara's life. I wonder if they tested MH's military buddies, MH's friends, classmates, and co-workers. Given the lack of suspect, I tend to think the killer has to be somebody totally out of left field similar to Christa Worthington.

i tend to tie this case in with jennifer kesse I don't know why but when i think of one i will automatically think about the other...something else that alexzamora touched on. One time while i was on FB i just typed in ocilla and added some girl that was the same age as tara and was born in ocilla so i new she would at the least maybe know her but forsure know about the case and man did she ever come across as a weirdo and some of the stuff she said was just plain bizzare ...

1. glove found on yard about a footstep from her doorsteps, it contains dna but nobody matches, nobody.

2. A house mysteriously burns down, possibly arson, a month after she dissapears, in the same city.

3. her brother in law fails one question from a lie detector test, the question was if he had an affair with tara, it showed deception.

4. a married cop, (close friend of her) drives one hour and ten minutes to her house, the day after she dissapears and leaves a business card, he had left 22 voice mails the previous night.

5. Three months before she went missing, a former student, comes to her house and knocks violently in her door, trying to force his way in. The neighbors calls the police and it becomes a disturbance. The married cop was inside her house, visiting at the time.

6. Her ex boyfriend was in town the same night she went missing, he went to a local tavern, and then did a ride along with a former friend of his, sergeant sean fletcher. That ride along he did becomes his alibi.

7. In an interview he gave to the media, the ex boyfriend said , that she had been at her house, the week before she went missing and told him, that if he didnt return with her, she was going to commit suicide.

8. The police finds 100 dollars in her unlocked car dashboard, and her seat had been moving back, too back for her, she was only 5'3.

9. No sign of forced entry, the only items that were missing was her keys, her purse, and her earrings. Her cell phone was found plugged in charge.

10. two witness saw a black truck park in her house after she dissapear.

These reasons make this case one of the hardest cases ever, too many distractions, i found more reasons to suspect of heath dykes but everyone could have done it, what do you guys think??

Good grief. That's quite the summary. Wow

Completely random, with that large group of suspects, but, the fire made me think of it. Has Israel Keyes been ruled out?

Good grief. That's quite the summary. Wow

Completely random, with that large group of suspects, but, the fire made me think of it. Has Israel Keyes been ruled out?

Do the police have his DNA? Is the glove DNA still around to compare? I always thought it was a "random" person. It seems unlikely due to the complexity of this case but stranger things have happened. It obviously wasnt robbery. I also think the fire is a huge red flag. Some strange stuff went on in that town for sure. My sister lives nearby and says there is still a sign up somewhere about Tara bc she didn't live there at the time & heard about it. Crazy. Tragic. What happened to Tara?

Yes there's DNA retrieved from a latex glove found in the yard

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Lets remember we don't know where the glove came from .thier made of a light plastic would blow in the slightest amount of wind so while they do have dna from that glove they don;t know if the glove is even connected to the crime... Just thought that should be out there when thinking that they have the perp;s DNA...they have someone's DNA on something we don't know if it was even involved in the crime...

To me theres something to be said for the cop bf and why his parents where he was living at the time were shooting at the searchers that were just doing thier jobs but happen to cross over on to thier land .So I ask why dont his parents want the searchers to be looking anywhere on thier huge acerage farm land ..not even the fbi has been aloud to search the ex bf/cop's home property......

What a shame this is not solved. Somebody has been looking over his shoulder for a long time. She had so much to offer.

Was going home to watch the video of the pageant true? If so, where's the video? Supposedly no official taping that Saturday at the pageant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member