GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily, the lamp was broken plus the clasp of a necklace was found on the floor and it had been pulled apart

With 2015 approaching and all the new technology coming out I'd like to think this case will be solved somehow.

I hope 2015 is the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greta Investigates on Fox news channel will doing an hour special on tara's case at the end of February.

Going back over some old stories, I was thinking about 2 things in the article:

1....They found it strange that her car doors were unlocked and that her car seat was pushed back way too far for someone her size. She was petite -- 5 feet, 3 inches tall -- and typically kept the seat much closer to the steering wheel.

2....Also strange: An envelope full of cash was found on her dashboard..

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/30/grace.beauty.missing/

So it seems that someone may have driven Tara's car. When they got out they forgot to set the seat back (happens all the time) and they forgot to take the money in the envelope. What if some came to Tara's home saying they were taking up a collection or donations for something and that envelope was the ruse? They somehow then take Tara and her car somewhere, afterwards driving the car back to Tara's but forgetting the seat and cash. Leaves her car, drops a glove on the way. I wonder if the envelope has been tested for DNA. If it was Tara's money it would be in her purse, it belonged to the abductor (probably a man).

Going back over some old stories, I was thinking about 2 things in the article:

1....They found it strange that her car doors were unlocked and that her car seat was pushed back way too far for someone her size. She was petite -- 5 feet, 3 inches tall -- and typically kept the seat much closer to the steering wheel.

2....Also strange: An envelope full of cash was found on her dashboard..

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/30/grace.beauty.missing/

So it seems that someone may have driven Tara's car. When they got out they forgot to set the seat back (happens all the time) and they forgot to take the money in the envelope. What if some came to Tara's home saying they were taking up a collection or donations for something and that envelope was the ruse? They somehow then take Tara and her car somewhere, afterwards driving the car back to Tara's but forgetting the seat and cash. Leaves her car, drops a glove on the way. I wonder if the envelope has been tested for DNA. If it was Tara's money it would be in her purse, it belonged to the abductor (probably a man).

The money is thought to have come from one of the teenagers that Tara coached in beauty pageants....IIRC. Tara was known to loan these girls money for pageant dresses or prom dresses or some similar thing if the girls could not afford them. One of those girls possibly paid her back in cash and Tara left it in the car on the center console between the seats. Whoever took Tara was not interested in money if indeed her car was used in taking her away. Or maybe that person did not notice the envelope because he was consumed with taking Tara.

Tara disappeared late on a Saturday night after attending a barbeque at a friend's home. She left that barbeque around 11:00 PM so I don't think anyone would use that kind of ruse by knocking on her door at that time of night. It's possible that someone was already waiting in her house when she got home. It's also possible that she knew the person and let him inside.

The article says the money was on the dashboard not the console, but it press may have gotten wrong...Maybe the ruse was "I've got the money I owe you and I will stop by when you get home from the barbeque to pay you".

According to her family the money was in the console between the seats. I tend to believe them.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/12583446/ns/dateline_nbc/t/what-happened-tara-grinstead/#.VNbl7OY7tJk

Why would one of the girls want to make Tara disappear? I believe the DNA in the glove is male DNA.

I think someone...an adult male....had been watching her, was waiting for her in her home, and took her somewhere else in her car. Then this man returned Tara's car to her home, unknowingly dropped the glove, and walked off to his own vehicle that had been parked nearby but unnoticed.

According to her family the money was in the console between the seats. I tend to believe them.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/12583446/ns/dateline_nbc/t/what-happened-tara-grinstead/#.VNbl7OY7tJk

Why would one of the girls want to make Tara disappear? I believe the DNA in the glove is male DNA.

I think someone...an adult male....had been watching her, was waiting for her in her home, and took her somewhere else in her car. Then this man returned Tara's car to her home, unknowingly dropped the glove, and walked off to his own vehicle that had been parked nearby but unnoticed.

Yes I think it has been confirmed it was definitely male DNA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Police officers spend a lot of time in ER or at accident scenes. It would not be too difficult just to get a glove that had been woren by a perimedic or Dr and leave it at the scene. (or anyone else just visiting any medical facility and picking a glove in the trash)

I think the killer is a male too.

It would be pretty hard to get used gloves worn by medical personnel. They are not left lying around. Those gloves are disposed of in a secure manner....not just tossed in the trash. They put used gloves in a hazardous waste disposal box. There would also be more than one type of DNA on that glove if it had been used on a patient.

There was only one type of DNA and a partial print from one person....an unknown male.

Still there's nothing to say that the glove wasn't planted, someone with crime scene knowledge could have easily pulled that off

Still there's nothing to say that the glove wasn't planted, someone with crime scene knowledge could have easily pulled that off

It's pretty risky to hang around a crime scene planting evidence. The perp would've had to keep the glove...uncontaminated...somewhere and then remember to throw it out on the lawn where anything could've happened to it. I think it was unintentional....as was leaving the seat back in Tara's car. The perp was in a hurry to get out of the area before someone saw him and just made some mistakes.

Most gloves of that type don't yield fingerprints. The GBI was extremely fortunate to get what they did. We don't know what else the glove has told detectives.The GBI seems to be pretty sure it's a viable piece of evidence. They have more than likely chased down the manufacturer and know which businesses and facilities in the area buy that type of glove. They are used in all types of businesses besides medical facilities.

I totally disagree, this case is 9 years old the outdated GBI strategy has not worked, the person who did this has advanced crime scene knowledge especially he knows how to get rid of body damn good

It would be pretty hard to get used gloves worn by medical personnel. They are not left lying around. Those gloves are disposed of in a secure manner....not just tossed in the trash. They put used gloves in a hazardous waste disposal box. There would also be more than one type of DNA on that glove if it had been used on a patient.

There was only one type of DNA and a partial print from one person....an unknown male.

I am a nurse and everywhere I have worked ER, ICU, Recovery room and Urgent care the gloves are thrown in the trash unless a the patient is in isolation for a contagious disease. Easy for anyone to pick up. Even go somewhere to have your blood drawn, the personal will throw the gloves in the trash and anyone can pick them up. You could easily grab a clean glove and wrap the used one up in it until you are ready to plant it. No contamination and easy storage... or even but in a paper bag to keep the DNA nice and fresh. I think the glove was used by the killer during the kidnapping, but it would be very easy to get a used glove somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn