GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I dont think Tara had any dealings with this guy other than teaching him in HS three years prior to the murder. If he had any link at all even casually toTara then the GBI would have interviewed him years ago. No one seem to even consider him to be a suspect not the GBI nor the family and friends of Tara's. If he had any kind of relationship at all with her I do think the police would have made sure at that time to make sure he had no knowledge or involvement by bringing him in to be interviewed. I think even the GBI is shocked that it turned out to be someone they had never even heard of much less be a potential murder suspect.

Now Ocilla is a small town so if she saw him out while she was shopping or whatever I am sure she would speak to him and then be on her way.

I think the reason it took so long is this guy had no personal relationship or contact with Tara not even slightly close in time to when she was murdered. Suspect who dont have a close link to the victim are the hardest cases of all to solve.

This case is so much like a lot of other cold cases. They will be at a standstill for years even longer than this one but it seems that a lot of killers like to talk about what they have done. if they speak to someone about their crime they think they can trust a lot of times it comes back to bite them in the butt. The person who came in to talk with the GBI may have had a close relationship with the suspect but then something may have happened that separated their friendship and when that happens often the person being told will finally go to the police about what they know.

IMO

I dont think Tara had any dealings with this guy other than teaching him in HS three years prior to the murder. If he had any link at all even casually To Tara then the GBI would have interviewed him years. No one seem to even consider him to be a suspect not the GBI nor the family and friends of Tara's. If he had any kind of relationship at all with her I do think the police would have made sure at that time he had no knowledge or involvement by bringing him in to be interviewed. I think even the GBI is shocked that it turned out to be someone they had never even heard of much less be a potential murder suspect.

Now Ocilla is a small town so if she saw him out while she was shopping or whatever I am sure she would speak to him and then be on her way.

I think the reason it took so long is this guy had no personal relationship or contact with Tara not even slightly close in time to when she was murdered.

This case is so much like a lot of other cold cases. They will be at a standstill for years even longer than this one but it seems that a lot of killers like to talk about what they have done. if they speak to someone about their crime they think they can trust a lot of times it comes back to bite them in the butt. The person who came in to talk with the GBI may have had a close relationship with the suspect but then something may have happened that separated their friendship and when that happens often the person being told will finally go to the police about what they know.

IMO
Or they have wanted the reward money.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I saw this today on social media and my jaw dropped. I'm completely blown away. Now I just hope he leads them to her body, she deserves a proper burial.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I didn't know that about the pittbulls. Wow. We have two that sleep in the bedroom. While others may refer to them as guard dogs in my mind they're alert dogs, there to wake me up and give me time to grab a gun. I've read many times you want "guard" dogs for the noise rather than protection.

Yes, we have two adorable dogs ourselves and they alert me and my hubby if someone is approaching our home even if its our family or friends. lol Sometimes all someone has to do is pass by our home jogging and aren't even in our yard for them to alert us that someone is close.

But I have seen so many others say they have their dog for protection and 100% believe the dog would fight/attack to their death to defend them when that isn't true at all based on so many cases we have discussed right here over the years on WS. To me its a false sense of security.

The Greone dogs never even barked nor did the dog that was in the bed with Jessica Lunsford when she was kidnapped by the pedophile/killer John Couey and taken out of her home without her grandparents hearing a thing. I believe that a lot of dogs can sense the presence of evil too and can be just as fearful as human beings are.

I would never want our dogs to even try to protect us. We are their mom and dad and its our responsibility to protect them just like we would do if our children still lived at home with us. That is why instead of relying on them we have a very sophisticated alarm system/cameras and both of us have firearms and know how to safely use them.

IMO

Or they have wanted the reward money.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If they are the one who turned this guy in they deserve the reward money if they didnt participate themselves........like helping him hide the body and/or help burn her remains. This case may have continued to be unsolved if they never told the authorities since it looks like the police had no clue about him being the suspect.

I'm a little behind...body....any mention of her body???? Never heard this name...we've done a tremendous amount of work on this case over the years.....this is really something!

I'm lost right now, trying to catch up.....what of this???

The judge said Duke removed Grinstead's body from her home.

During his first court appearance, we heard for the first time authorities believe Duke used his hands to kill Grinstead.
LOCAL NEWS HERE, WSBTV

What's the link to Dr. Godwin's FB page? I can't seem to find it.

I saw this today on social media and my jaw dropped. I'm completely blown away. Now I just hope he leads them to her body, she deserves a proper burial.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RSBM

That ! ^^^^^

Great news to see an update... I was afraid this would be a cold case forever.
Hope Tara can be laid to rest ; it's been too long already... :(

Anthony Vickers and Ryan Duke would have overlapped while in high school when Tara was teaching. Could they know each other and if so, and if so, perhaps Ryan was paid to kill her because he wouldn't come under the radar of LE? Or perhaps another one of Tara's friends or men in her life paid Ryan (and perhaps others) to kill her? This might also explain why she received all of those calls from the married man when she dissapeared - was he confirming she was dead? This mystery is still unsolved imo but it looks like we might get more answers soon.

Anything is possible, but to me this does not seem a murder for hire situation. If he used his hands that means he did not bring a weapon along when he went to her home. Had he been hired to kill her I think he would have brought a weapon.

Of course, as more details come out we may find that he did in fact have a weapon (other than his hands).

Payne is going to be on "Good Morning America" tomorrow am, I'm setting the dvr. Also, I recommend giving podcast Episode 7, Phineas Gauge as listen, particularly to the suicide story.

During the TV telecast following the court appearance, the reporter interviewed the lead investigator. He asked the investigator about all the innocent people whose names had been mentioned by the public as possible suspects. The investigator basically said it was a shame that these people had had their reputations "sullied" and only because they had somehow been associated with Tara. The detective didn't name names, but he was pretty adamant that these people didn't deserve what the public had done to them.

During the TV telecast following the court appearance, the reporter interviewed the lead investigator. He asked the investigator about all the innocent people whose names had been mentioned by the public as possible suspects. The investigator basically said it was a shame that these people had had their reputations "sullied" and only because they had somehow been associated with Tara. The detective didn't name names, but he was pretty adamant that these people didn't deserve what the public had done to them.

Thank you! Someone mentioned on another thread I'm following about this new development on Tara's case and a commenter today said that he or she believes the ex husband is responsible. Nearly 12 years later and still under the cloud of suspicion. I can't imagine.

THIS HAS MADE ME SO HAPPY AND SAD AT THE SAME TIME! So happy there is an arrest! So sad for the family. I've been crying while reading all the posts! Happy tears that there is finally some answers! More arrests may be to follow?
I'm sure he won't go down alone if he did in fact do this crime with someone else. I agree with ocean. This wasn't a burglary. I think he had fantasized for years about her. Doesn't matter if she never even taught him. In these small schools, all teachers are known to all the students. maybe he had ran into her recently and followed her home to see where she lived and began stalking her without her knowledge? Waited for the right time and took it when the opportunity arose. I agree the burglary was the purse and keys. His prime motive was IMHO sexually motivated.
I'm glad that the original suspects and POI are cleared and totally taken by surprise that it wasn't someone in her circle!
Will be interesting to know if any further arrests follow.
Prayers for the family and friends of Tara in the weeks and months to come. I'm glad they are finally receiving some answers. Dr. Godwin and Payne I think played a big part in getting this case out there and knocking on doors and getting the interviews. I think it spooked someone into telling what they knew. Thankful for all of those who played a part in the arrest of this man! Thankful Thankful Thankful!!!! You may finally rest beautiful Tara! :loveyou: Justice will come finally!
Thank you Dr. G for being so helpful with all of our questions! You were a great support and a great detective too! Well done!

This gives me so much hope for so many other cold cases!

I can only imagine how mixed feelings Tara's family has. They finally got some answers and hopefully one day they'll find some closure, but there's still a long journey ahead of them. I'm keeping Tara's loved ones in my thoughts.

I am, too, skeptical about the "burglary gone wrong" motive.

At least it seems like Tara has been haunting him. He looks like a shadow of his former self.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420
Back