GA - Tara Grinstead, 29, Ocilla, 22 Oct 2005 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently he did this with his hands during the commission of his burglary. Or that was what I understand from the charges the judge read to him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Does that imply the murder wasn't his reason for being there? I call BS if that's his story.

can someone quickly update me why the sp killed her? looks like from some of these posts, he surprised you all by being charged.........

Finally. Much relief felt for the family, and for all who may have been "under a suspicion cloud."

Very surprised that the murder (allegedly) happened in her house.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

can someone quickly update me why the sp killed her? looks like from some of these posts, he surprised you all by being charged.........

That really hasn't come out yet. Understandably, the GBI was fairly tight-lipped with details. It sounds like they have other persons to 'interview' etc. I imagine more will come out in the next several days.

I really feel like Up and Vanished/sundrop made this happen.

I agree... I had just started the podcast (I'm only a few episodes in), so I saw this news & came here to see if this was someone mentioned on the podcast. Sounds like it isn't, but it's hard to imagine that this break is totally coincidental...

Is this guy one of the names of graduate students on the suicide note?

Could this have just been purely a chance encounter? Attempted burglary at her home and she walked in on it? Maybe the only connection was that she taught at the school he went to?

Does that imply the murder wasn't his reason for being there? I call BS if that's his story.
That's just what the judge read. That he did commit aggrivated assault with his hands; leading to murder during the commission of a felony crime:, burglary and did conceal her body. I also saw local ppl commenting that other arrests are soon to come. Now whether that was just talk idk. But, the GBI officer did say that it was possible.

I have to say this, alot off ppl made comments that it didn't make sense that he was never on their radar. Well, I suppose it does if he was never arrested he had not been cosidered a POI. All this time alot of ppl thought (self included) it was someone close to her.
However, I think he may have been a stranger to her. So that would not have put him on their radar. Just bc he attended that high school does not mean they were close. She may know the face but not spend any time with him. Thats common in small towns. I lived in south georgia for 36 yrs and saw the some of the same faces daily, said hello, but they were strangers to me. So it would make sense if he burglarized her home and this murder occurred. Or he intended to harm her. His story is burglary so we may never know.

I don't even recall this scenario of burglary 'gone wrong' even being on my radar. I was almost certain it was someone she knew.

It goes to show.

All speculation obviously.

So Tara went to the BBQ, and may have walked in on the burglary in progress when she got back home - and to think of all the theories involving her ex-lovers and friends or stalkers; and it comes down to one of the most simple explanations, and certainly one of the most tragic. I wonder what items Duke wound up stealing, if anything.

That's just what the judge read. That he did commit aggrivated assault with his hands; leading to murder during the commission of a felony crime:, burglary and did conceal her body. I also saw local ppl commenting that other arrests are soon to come. Now whether that was just talk idk. But, the GBI officer did say that it was possible.

I have to say this, alot off ppl made comments that it didn't make sense that he was never on their radar. Well, I suppose it does if he was never arrested he had not been cosidered a POI. All this time alot of ppl thought (self included) it was someone close to her.
However, I think he may have been a stranger to her. So that would not have put him on their radar. Just bc he attended that high school does not mean they were close. She may know the face but not spend any time with him. Thats common in small towns. I lived in south georgia for 36 yrs and saw the some of the same faces daily, said hello, but they were strangers to me. So it would make sense if he burglarized her home and this murder occurred. Or he intended to harm her. His story is burglary so we may never know.

Could this have just been purely a chance encounter? Attempted burglary at her home and she walked in on it? Maybe the only connection was that she taught at the school he went to?

I was wondering the same thing. The burglary charge doesn't make sense to me unless that's why he was at her house in the first place. Although the judge said all of the charges happened on October 23rd, so it was after midnight. Wasn't Tara home before then?

Very interesting. I think like so many murderes he's distancing himself. She had time to take off the clothes she was wearing at the party that night, so she didn't bump into him at the front door. I suppose he may have been hiding in the bathroom, and she encountered him there. But it seems like he'd have seen her car lights and gotten out or hidden in an unused room.

Late night burglary - greater risk of being caught and encountering the homeowner - not sure I buy that as his reason for being there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420
Back