Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

There seems to be a lot of confusion about this. To my understanding, the early promotion was related to his rank in the USPHS, but his dad mentioned that he had applied to be a branch chief (which is a separate thing) more recently and didn’t get that. I think the alleged meeting around the time of his disappearance was about the branch chief job.

A lot of CDC employees are in the USPHS, which comes with the rank, uniform, etc., but they hold regular positions in the organization as well. Hope that makes sense!

There seems to be a lot of confusion about this. To my understanding, the early promotion was related to his rank in the USPHS, but his dad mentioned that he had applied to be a branch chief (which is a separate thing) more recently and didn’t get that. I think the alleged meeting around the time of his disappearance was about the branch chief job.

A lot of CDC employees are in the USPHS, which comes with the rank, uniform, etc., but they hold regular positions in the organization as well. Hope that makes sense!

Yes, Hello There, who I think works at the CDC, said the following:

Because that one was a rank promotion for the USPHS and the one in February was not technically a promotion, it was a job he had applied for and did not get. His father clarified everything in the video in this article:
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/family-of-missing-cdc-worker-increases-reward-to-15k

I mean, I can see why they’d want to clarify the point, because the narrative of “passed over for a promotion then goes missing” does not look good for them. No one did anything nefarious by not giving him the job, though — but who knows whether Tim felt otherwise.

But I have heard both his dad and a LEO say on camera that he was disappointed about not getting the job. The USPHS is a little more public, though, whereas I’m not sure CDC would readily comment on internal hiring decisions.

Here is the entire statement from the Acting CDC Director:

6469eead408d9f8d5720dec963b7dd59.jpg

https://twitter.com/ellywyu/status/973209315648724994?s=21

d2f60d897be617747a98a8d4572c362f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why wait four weeks to make sure they clarify the point. It would have been more helpful in the beginning.

My thoughts exactly. Though I never brought into the CDC being responsible for his disappearance, now I’m thinking why would they wait a month to make a statement unless they’re going the “CYA” route.

My thoughts exactly. Though I never brought into the CDC being responsible for his disappearance, now I’m thinking why would they wait a month to make a statement unless they’re going the “CYA” route.

It took this long for people to start getting really confused about it, IMO. It’s a lot of new terms and concepts for people to learn and they started getting the jargon mixed up. I think it was good his dad said something but CDC also wanted to clear it up.

Hmmmm.... So is the CDC quibbling with LE over the exact phrasing (Promotion vs New Position) in order to save face?
OR did LE maybe mislead in order to make Timothy's disappearance seem voluntary?

:thinking:

(I'm still bothered that there has not been another Presser or statement released saying they confirmed it was Tim leaving the CDC in his car that day. Plus, there should have been other cameras that captured his car driving towards his home).

JMO, The CDC statement is missing the crucial recent information about the Branch Chief job Tim applied for but did not get. Reading between the lines, my hunch is that Tim was concerned that the July 2017 promotion was 'instead of' the February 2018 Branch Chief job. Perhaps his bosses already had decided on their choice of applicant for Branch Chief and Tim's July promotion was a token advancement.

Here is the entire statement from the Acting CDC Director:

cache.php

https://twitter.com/ellywyu/status/973209315648724994?s=21

cache.php

The username Tim used for instagram, twitter and youtube is "tjurel"

https://www.instagram.com/tjurel/
https://twitter.com/tjurel
https://www.youtube.com/user/tjurel

It appears he ALSO used this username for his email accounts on gmail, hotmail, aol and yahoo

Here's an article he wrote for Science Magazine in 2002 where he gave the aol email address: http://www.sciencemag.org/careers/2...d-universities-tradition-and-progress-science

It appears he also used to play on chess.com
https://www.chess.com/tournament/122608/player/tjurel

And had a soundcloud account: https://soundcloud.com/user-562979587

Can anyone find additional social media with that username or by searching those email addresses?

Maybe run it through the wayback machine and see if anything was deleted?
(I'm not able to use the wayback machine on my current computer or I would try it myself)

Thanks for this info. Even though his twitter account is private it’s interesting to see the past conversations he’s been involved in. People congratulating him last year for example. I wonder why the friend he was supposed to go to the gala with hasn’t tweeted about him being missing....

Dumb question, I know!
Can a CDC employee also be an FBI agent?
They do partner in things.
I'm curious.
https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/8/10/02-0400_article
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It has absolutely crossed my mind that he is off the grid on purpose with the help of the CIA or FBI or (insert other government agencies).
I have zero reason as to why I think that, I just personally (IMO) feel he would not commit suicide in such a secretive manner to where they would not find his body.

This was brought up earlier in a previous thread....
TC called in sick on both Thursday and Friday.
Exactly what did he do over the weekend? Was he in bed most of the time? Was he on SM? Did he walk his dog in the neighborhood? Did he go to the he grocery store?
The only thing that we know for certain is that during this time he approached his neighbor, asking him to tell his wife to remove his cell phone number from her phone.
But whar else did he do? What were his typical weekends like?
Very good and important questions. I hope some of the information comes out to help paint a better picture of his last few days before his disappearance.

This was brought up earlier in a previous thread....
TC called in sick on both Thursday and Friday.
Exactly what did he do over the weekend? Was he in bed most of the time? Was he on SM? Did he walk his dog in the neighborhood? Did he go to the he grocery store?
The only thing that we know for certain is that during this time he approached his neighbor, asking him to tell his wife to remove his cell phone number from her phone.
But whar else did he do? What were his typical weekends like?

These are my questions too.
Where my friend works, if he calls in sick, he has to see a doctor and provide a doctor's note to his employer before he can return to work.
It doesn't look like TC's employer forced TC to consult with a doctor when he decided to call in sick on Thursday and Friday and leave due to illness after he attended the meeting on Monday morning. No medical intervention by the employer was provided to TC so I guess they don't have a policy in place for this.
Perhaps TC didn't want to go see a doctor because he wasn't physically ill, just emotionally upset.
When i worked in a military medical clinic, if a member was sick, they had to immediately report to sick bay. Sick leave had to be approved by a medical doctor and the member's supervisor received a written notice from the clinic advising them that the member was ill and was off work for x amount of time. If the member needed more sick time, they had to see the doctor again.

I also wonder about TC's fitness routine. Did he workout at a gym or did he jog with his dog on a regular basis.

It took this long for people to start getting really confused about it, IMO. It’s a lot of new terms and concepts for people to learn and they started getting the jargon mixed up. I think it was good his dad said something but CDC also wanted to clear it up.

You have a very valid point. IMO, this happened due to the public having minimal information. When that happens it’s human nature to fill in the gaps. I texted relative last night who lives into Atlanta area to see what the word on the streets is about this case. He hasn’t responded back yet though.

These are my questions too.
Where my friend works, if he calls in sick, he has to see a doctor and provide a doctor's note to his employer before he can return to work.
It doesn't look like TC's employer forced TC to consult with a doctor when he decided to call in sick on Thursday and Friday and leave due to illness after he attended the meeting on Monday morning. No medical intervention by the employer was provided to TC so I guess they don't have a policy in place for this..

Here’s a thought: maybe after hearing about why he was not selected, he was so visibly distraught that his supervisor suggested he take a couple of days off because maybe they had noticed a change in his demeanor prior weeks.

I worry about this, too. Of course I don’t know his true work ethic, but by all accounts, I imagine he was great with attendance at work. CDC also has pretty flexible policies on telework, depending on the department, so if he were just mildly ill, he might not have even used sick leave at all (but worked from home instead). Did he tell his family that prior week that he was home sick? And if so, did he describe his symptoms? It seems like something that would have come up if they were regularly talking or texting. If he didn’t mention it at all, it would strike me as odd.

Thinking outside the box - if he was po'ed about not getting the promotion, could he have called in sick and traveled somewhere for a job interview with a prospective employer?

Thinking outside the box - if he was po'ed about not getting the promotion, could he have called in sick and traveled somewhere for a job interview with a prospective employer?

Seems he would have taken things with him though and arranged for doggie care IMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlove
Back