Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I deleted my remarks because they were in error.
On February 27 the police gave a press conference in which they mistakenly referred to the job change as a promotion. Further they said that the meeting on Monday was to discuss the reasons TC did not receive the promotion.

I didn't listen to the entire press conference this time and I do believe this has been clarified in our discussion on at least one occasion. The issue remains does the public understand that TC did not lose out on a promotion? My guess is no.

Ok! I wonder why then does today's CDC statement not call out the matter of Tim's lack of job change to clarify. I suppose that could be too personal, but they are already choosing to detail the matter of his July 2017 promotion, so while on the topic, why not try to set the record totally straight.

I am very interested in what Ursamajr pointed out - that perhaps the statement has been put out to send a message to Tim. That's an angle I hadn't considered.

I noticed the distinction his parents made when saying he had a lot going on professionally AND personally. https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/us/cdc-employee-missing.amp.html

Last weekend, I left my house locked with purse, keys, phone, and dog inside because my neighbor saw me as I coming home and asked me to help her with something. Made me think of this case....

What day is garbage day in his neighborhood?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed the distinction his parents made when saying he had a lot going on professionally AND personally. https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/us/cdc-employee-missing.amp.html

Last weekend, I left my house locked with purse, keys, phone, and dog inside because my neighbor saw me as I coming home and asked me to help her with something. Made me think of this case....

What day is garbage day in his neighborhood?

Unless it has changed in the few months since I moved, garbage day is Thursday.

Edited to Add: Hopefully this means that his trash was still at home and LE was able to search it for any clues. I assume/hope no one would put the trash out on that following Thursday without having gone through it first.

So this is how Timothy’s father describes what happened in the days leading up to his disappearance:

c59888e1198582d8782fd6dd1a6837d4.jpg

That is a screen grab of a video in which his father clarified the difference between the promotion Timothy received last July, and the position he was not selected for. The video is available here:
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/family-of-missing-cdc-worker-increases-reward-to-15k

Calling it an “assignment” could also mean it was a temporary move. For example, if the current branch chief was on longterm leave, another TDY, etc., Tim May have applied to do the job in his or her absence. That is common at CDC.

Just speculating, but if that’s what it actually was, it would most likely be less disappointing than if he had applied for a permanent position he didn’t get.

Bizarre. I feel like there are two possibilities:
1. There was a miscommunication between media and LE and/or family and CDC and indeed there never was an application for a promotion that may or may not have existed and...
2. The CDC (with LE's help?) is releasing this statement to send a message to the public - but mainly Timothy - that he did not get passed over for a promotion and therefor didn't "fail" or "disappoint". This statement may or may not mean a promotion was indeed on the table.

Or #3:
The CDC saying "Not our fault!"

So this is how Timothy’s father describes what happened in the days leading up to his disappearance:

Hmm. Just thought of something. If he'd gotten the new position, would he have been working with different people? If he was having a problem with someone, he might have been eager to get a different position in order to get away from them, not because the new position was a promotion.

I'm really concerned that those days off work, and after, he was struggling with depression/thinking things through, and I give a lot of credence to JazzTune's last post (#62). So I am less optimistic now of a good outcome... but I always cling to the hope that it's still possible, because not to be cliché, but anything truly *is* possible.

Please don't get discouraged because of my thoughts about this. I really am holding on to hope for a good outcome. A safe return.

I still wonder about foul play too. Yet, I keep coming back to his father's words when Timothy initially went missing. At that time his father stated that Timothy had recently seemed confused with bits of anger in his voice.

That immediately raised red flags for me. But keep in mind where I'm coming from. I saw red flags because of MY experience from many years of caring for those with mental illness.

That doesn't mean Timothy was dealing with any of that. It just means that was MY experience.

His words made me wonder about possible paranoia, psychosis, depression, etc., because those were frequent symptoms in many of our patients.

But in all fairness, that doesn't mean Timothy was experiencing any of that. There can be many normal reasons for any odd behavior at any given time.

So I do apologize for misleading anyone. That wasn't fair. Timothy and his family do not deserve that.

With that said though, I am still very, very concerned about him.

IF he was in the grip of a mental health crisis, he would not have been able to think or behave rationally. Therefore, his usual behavior could not be expected from him.

My heart aches for everyone involved. Thoughts and prayers he will be found safe...

JMO

I spoke to my cousin in Atlanta about TC’s disappearance. He said the story hit the 10pm news several times in the “A” as it’s lovingly called and eventually faded. He also said he guesses there’s not much interest because he was a person who “had it all” and walked away(allegedly). I find that very, very sad that’s the attitude people have😢

Please don't get discouraged because of my thoughts about this. I really am holding on to hope for a good outcome. A safe return.

I still wonder about foul play too. Yet, I keep coming back to his father's words when Timothy initially went missing. At that time his father stated that Timothy had recently seemed confused with bits of anger in his voice.

That immediately raised red flags for me. But keep in mind where I'm coming from. I saw red flags because of MY experience from many years of caring for those with mental illness.

That doesn't mean Timothy was dealing with any of that. It just means that was MY experience.

His words made me wonder about possible paranoia, psychosis, depression, etc., because those were frequent symptoms in many of our patients.

But in all fairness, that doesn't mean Timothy was experiencing any of that. There can be many normal reasons for any odd behavior at any given time.

So I do apologize for misleading anyone. That wasn't fair. Timothy and his family do not deserve that.

IF he was in the grip of a mental health crisis, he would not have been able to think or behave rationally. Therefore, his usual behavior could not be expected from him.

My heart aches for everyone involved. Thoughts and prayers he will be found safe...

JMO

Unfortunately, the facts you presented are a reality. IMO, too much points to a mental breakdown that finally erupted like a volcano. I’m praying this is one of those rare cases he returns home unharmed.

Did Tim have a passport? Is it accounted for?

“The most unusual factor in this case is that every single belonging that we are aware of was located in the residence,” O'Connor told reporters on Tuesday. “His keys, his cellphone, credit cards, debit cards, wallet, all of his identification, passports. Anything you could think of, we've been able to locate. None of those items are missing.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/02/28/the-cdc-researcher-who-mysteriously-vanished-had-recently-been-passed-over-for-a-promotion-police-say/?utm_term=.a904dba31f80

“The most unusual factor in this case is that every single belonging that we are aware of was located in the residence,” O'Connor told reporters on Tuesday. “His keys, his cellphone, credit cards, debit cards, wallet, all of his identification, passports. Anything you could think of, we've been able to locate. None of those items are missing.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/02/28/the-cdc-researcher-who-mysteriously-vanished-had-recently-been-passed-over-for-a-promotion-police-say/?utm_term=.a904dba31f80

But isn’t his work cell phone still unaccounted for/missing?...Not that I think locating it will make a difference with finding Timothy, but I just wanted to mention it as I do think it’s kind of strange that it hasn’t been found yet.

But isn’t his work cell phone still unaccounted for/missing?...Not that I think locating it will make a difference with finding Timothy, but I just wanted to mention it as I do think it’s kind of strange that it hasn’t been found yet.

Do we know that his work cell phone is missing? Or was that just speculation? LE said his cell phone was in his house, but didn’t indicate which one, but said anything you can think of was there. But then they said they checked his work cell phone records to make sure his work cell phone was not being used. I think that’s where discussion the missing work cell phone came from. But that’s not really confirmed. Is it?

Hmm. Just thought of something. If he'd gotten the new position, would he have been working with different people? If he was having a problem with someone, he might have been eager to get a different position in order to get away from them, not because the new position was a promotion.

When you get promoted in the USPHS you do not move to a new job title/position within the cdc. It is just a new rank. When he became a Commander in July 2017, he was in the same position as “team lead” and still working with the same people.

JMO

You're so sweet, JazzTune. You didn't "mislead" anyone, and I certainly did not mean to lay my now less-than-optimistic stance on you...

You have experience, and it adds to out knowledge base. TBH, I have a family friend who is bipolar, and he is okay now, but he went off his medication and "off the grid" for awhile, and it got really dangerous -- he ended up calling me, when he was hardly making sense/so incredibly confused (but had still hung onto his cellphone and was able to dial me)... I was so blessed that he called me, and I was honored to be someone he trusted like that. I walked him through getting a cab in Chicago and to an ER in time. Later, he confided that he was not sure he was going to "stay alive" much longer. It had such an impact on me. He is doing well today!

So I am influenced by my own experiences too.

All that said, I am often the last person on a case to give up hope. There is ALWAYS a chance. So I do still have hope...I am just very worried for Timothy right now.

Thanks so much, for your expertise AND compassion.

On whitepages.com TC’s sister and some other woman with a different last name shows listed to that address and under a former address of TC. When I did a search on the woman she is listed to a totally different address in Atlanta. I also searched Facebook and came across her profile. It’s definitely her because she lives in Atlanta and her first name is not a common name. It could be something, but I’d take it with a grain of salt because sometimes that info is inaccurate. Also, she could be a blood relative with a different last name.

I recall reading, only once, very early on, that one or more family members, local to Atlanta, went by Tim's house ( I think before his parents got there ). And the family member(s) had a key to Tim's house .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back