Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will be in the Kennesaw/Marietta area today. I will keep my eyes open...just in case he is wandering around.

Hello. Newbie here. Forgive me if I missed this, but do we know where the house keys were placed inside the house? Were they with his wallet, placed on a hook, in a pocket?

FWIW--I don't believe he took his own life. I, myself, have suffered from suicidal ideation since I was a young teenager, and though I have thought of ending my own life, I would never risk the lives of my cats. If Mr. Cunningham planned to take his life, even if that plan was hatched only minutes before executing it, I think he would have done something to make sure his dog was looked after.

Hello. Newbie here. Forgive me if I missed this, but do we know where the house keys were placed inside the house? Were they with his wallet, placed on a hook, in a pocket?

FWIW--I don't believe he took his own life. I, myself, have suffered from suicidal ideation since I was a young teenager, and though I have thought of ending my own life, I would never risk the lives of my cats. If Mr. Cunningham planned to take his life, even if that plan was hatched only minutes before executing it, I think he would have done something to make sure his dog was looked after.

Welcome. Like you, I think I would also make sure my pets were taken care of, but I have heard from many mental health practitioners in various cases who have explained that depression and suicide are all about taking care of that pain, and that suicide can often been seen as selfish as kids, pets, aged parents, are often left behind...

I don't have a theory here, I just think that Mr. Bojangles being left alone isn't enough to rule out self-harm, sadly... IMO of course.

Welcome. Like you, I think I would also make sure my pets were taken care of, but I have heard from many mental health practitioners in various cases who have explained that depression and suicide are all about taking care of that pain, and that suicide can often been seen as selfish as kids, pets, aged parents, are often left behind...

I don't have a theory here, I just think that Mr. Bojangles being left alone isn't enough to rule out self-harm, sadly... IMO of course.

I agree, AzPistonsGirl...I guess I also look at it like Timothy may have thought between his family, friends, neighbors or co-workers, it would only be a day or two before help came for his dog...I know, for all us pet lovers, even a few days is concerning -- but like you say, the mindset is different when someone has a mental break/depression hits.

And Yes, WELCOME, "ILiveForMyPets"! Anything else niggle at you about Timothy's disappearance? As far as your question, I don't recall hearing/seeing exactly where the keys were placed, in relation to other items -- but maybe someone on the thread did, from TV footage inside the house.

I agree with Az on this one. I’m afraid he might have thought Bo would be taken care of based on the “Sunday conversations” with his family. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not had the time or been able to get someone to ride along to search the 3 places other WSers recommended...Spinks Collins, Standing Peachtree, etc. But it is still a very high priority and as soon as I can safely do so, I will. It feels like time is starting to slip away and I don’t want Tim to be forgotten or overlooked.

As far as I know, the directorship is at a much much more senior level; Cunningham would not have applied for it.

Speculatively, it's possible that changes at the CDC had some effect on his research, but I don't know any details about that. JMO.

Thanks, I thought it seemed like a position too high for where he was career-wise but I was thinking that if he had unrealistic aspirations like that, then it could be a crushing blow to him to not get the position.

I suppose that's the difference between "ideation" and "actualization".

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I suppose that's the difference between "ideation" and "actualization".

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Welcome, Ilive4mycats! Thank you for sharing your insights with us. Your cats are lucky to have you. :heart: :cat:

Sadly, it looks like Tim's case is losing steam. Wish there was more to go on.

Just can't let it stand unquestioned that people who commit suicide are being selfish. Possibly sometimes but most of the time not. Just my opinion.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Just can't let it stand unquestioned that people who commit suicide are being selfish. Possibly sometimes but most of the time not. Just my opinion.

I very much agree. Though suicide is often viewed as a selfish act to onlookers, I can attest that most suicidal people do not agree.

From working with suicidal patients for 15 years, the majority told me they thought they were actually doing their loved ones a favor. They felt they were a terrible burden on them.

This was reflected repeatedly in their speech and their suicide notes ( which were brought in with them by EMS and were placed on their charts on our psychiatric unit. )

That is how distorted their thought processes are. When I would mention to them that their families would have been devastated if their suicide attempts had been successful, especially their children, their stock response would be:

"Anyone would be a better parent to them than me. Everyone would be better off without me."

In my opinion, those statements reflect illness, not selfishness...

JMO

I don't feel "selfish" is even a consideration, in terms of mental health issues -- I consider it like they are not capable of thinking rationally. But I didn't take AzPistonsGirl's comment that she was saying mental health sufferers are selfish. I didn't read it that way -- more like she was just explaining how the same care they would normally take of their pets would be focused on their own fog.

I've scoured the Web looking for updates on Timothy and came up with nada... frustrated.

Sadly, it looks like Tim's case is losing steam. Wish there was more to go on.

Yes i check in a few times a day hoping for updates. Its the missing that get to me, tbeir families dont even get closure, so they can begin to move on.
I just cant see that Timothy would have gone off to start a new life, and left his family in limbo.

I don't feel "selfish" is even a consideration, in terms of mental health issues -- I consider it like they are not capable of thinking rationally. But I didn't take AzPistonsGirl's comment that she was saying mental health sufferers are selfish. I didn't read it that way -- more like she was just explaining how the same care they would normally take of their pets would be focused on their own fog.

I've scoured the Web looking for updates on Timothy and came up with nada... frustrated.

I agree with you too, TTT. I don't believe AzPistonsGirl was saying that was her​ belief, but more so an opinion by society in general...

No shade intended to AzPistonsGirl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx