Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonder if we could ask LE why he was removed from the missing persons list. Him no longer being listed would also explain LEs lack of searches and updates and the family's recent media silence.
Was he in fact on the list?

Was he in fact on the list?

The police, in the presser, mentioned they were following up on several crime stopper tips. Someone else here confirmed they'd bookmarked the list and it definitely included his name. Not sure beyond that.

Because Crime Stoppers only gives rewards for crime tips.
http://www.atlantapd.org/community/crime-stoppers
Crime Stoppers Greater Atlanta is a community based, non-profit program, managed by a civilian volunteer advisory board. It is a crime information collection operation, which enables anyone with information about a crime, and who wishes to remain anonymous, to pass that information on to law enforcement through a neutral organization. The program works because of its unique partnership between the public, the media and law enforcement, working together to resolve community problems through the apprehension of criminals and prevention of crime. It is an effective partnership because everyone shares an equal role in solving crime.
When an individual has information about the criminal activity, any other unsolved crimes, or information about a wanted fugitive, he or she is encouraged to call 404-577-TIPS(8477) or e-mail the anonymous information using the online form at www.crimestoppersatlanta.org. The tip can result in a reward up to $2,000 to the individual who supplied the information needed to solve the case.
Crime Stoppers Greater Atlanta, as a force multiplier, helps law enforcement reduce the time it takes to investigate cases and put criminals behind bars. The faster the criminals are taken off the streets, the more crimes can be prevented, reducing the number of victims in the community.

Thank you but this just confuses the issue more, IMO. Why would Crime Stoppers offer a reward at all in Tim's case if they didn't think a crime had occurred? Are there other examples of missing persons gone voluntarily that Crime Stoppers has sponsored?

Thank you but this just confuses the issue more, IMO. Why would Crime Stoppers offer a reward at all in Tim's case if they didn't think a crime had occurred? Are there other examples of missing persons gone voluntarily that Crime Stoppers has sponsored?

Yes, there was a reward offered when Leanne Bearden disappeared. She was found dead a month later - suicide.

I think Timothy Cunningham's case was listed with Crime Stoppers because it's possible that a crime was committed, and a reward will encourage people to come forward if they saw anything or know anything that might be relevant. Though LE has not found evidence of foul play, they've also said they're not ruling anything out.

In addition, the reward may help keep the disappearance in the public eye.

Whhhooa, he at one point DEFINITELY was listed on their page! I've thought the past few weeks the lack of police involvement and lack of anything from the family in the past 3-4 weeks looked suspect. I bet they found him in a hospital or in mexico or something and just not blowing up the spot on him. I know for a fact shortly after he went missing atlanta pd crime stoppers did have him listed, i even bookmarked their twitter because of it just to watch if anything happened from it. would also explain why the they had set up for him out of nowhere stopped accepting donations

I’m fairly certain he was never on a “missing” list. Crime stoppers does have a reward out for him but that’s different than LE having them on their missing persons website.

And I’m *assuming* that the was taken down because the goal amount was surpassed AND people were leaving horrible comments about Tim on there, especially after that vaccine conspiracy theory came out. People wrote some really mean and hurtful stuff on there and it was probably easier to shut it down. I *doubt* taking the down had anything to do with anyone knowing anything.

Also, just to keep the record straight, those of us at CDC don’t know where Tim is. We have no idea. We are extremely upset by this and aren’t keeping anything a “secret” or know that he will return. He could return and to be honest, we hope he will. We are constantly reminded of the services available to us at cdc in case we are having trouble processing his disappearance and need to talk to a therapist. But we know just as much as the public does in terms of the details of his disappearance.

By now I thought we would hear something about Tim leaving the CDC campus the morning of February 12. Because a card swipe was needed to enter or leave the building I believed there would be video of Tim as he entered and left and that we would hear about that, but we haven't. The police did mention trying to verify who was driving Tim's car as he left but we've heard nothing more, not even whether or not such video should exist.

I’m fairly certain he was never on a “missing” list. Crime stoppers does have a reward out for him but that’s different than LE having them on their missing persons website.

And I’m *assuming* that the was taken down because the goal amount was surpassed AND people were leaving horrible comments about Tim on there, especially after that vaccine conspiracy theory came out. People wrote some really mean and hurtful stuff on there and it was probably easier to shut it down. I *doubt* taking the down had anything to do with anyone knowing anything.

Also, just to keep the record straight, those of us at CDC don’t know where Tim is. We have no idea. We are extremely upset by this and aren’t keeping anything a “secret” or know that he will return. He could return and to be honest, we hope he will. We are constantly reminded of the services available to us at cdc in case we are having trouble processing his disappearance and need to talk to a therapist. But we know just as much as the public does in terms of the details of his disappearance.

Thank you so much for posting! We really appreciate your insight and input. It has been so invaluable.

I can't imagine how stressful Timothy's disappearance must be on all of you too, at the CDC. Please know that many of us are with you in spirit.

Again, thank you for being here and sharing your thoughts...

I’m still interested in what he sounded “confused” about when talking to his parents on Sunday. That’s a key aspect. I don’t think this is a work conspiracy btw. We need more insight into the personal issues but I understand we probably won’t get that info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for posting! We really appreciate your insight and input. It has been so invaluable.

I can't imagine how stressful Timothy's disappearance must be on all of you too, at the CDC. Please know that many of us are with you in spirit.

Again, thank you for being here and sharing your thoughts...

I totally agree, HelloThere. Can’t imagine having to face his empty desk and see people leaving horrible, insensitive comments online. I hope you feel we’ve been respectful in our discussions. Thank you for being here!

It isn't necessary to believe this is a work conspiracy to want to know if Tim ever left the campus that day. I would like to know did he ever arrive home? When did this disappearance begin?

I share your concern that Tim seemed confused that day and recently I have read that the use of benzodiazepines can result in confusion and not seeming like yourself. Interestingly the use of benzodiazepines can also result in lowered inhibition and suicidal behavior.

For a fact I know nothing about Tim's medication use and I'm not suggesting it is responsible for his disappearance. I was however surprised to learn that benzodiazepines had this potential.

ETA: benzodiazepines are used in the treatment of stress.

It isn't necessary to believe this is a work conspiracy to want to know if Tim ever left the campus that day. I would like to know did he ever arrive home? When did this disappearance begin?

I share your concern that Tim seemed confused that day and recently I have read that the use of benzodiazepines can result in confusion and not seeming like yourself. Interestingly the use of benzodiazepines can also result in lowered inhibition and suicidal behavior.

For a fact I know nothing about Tim's medication use and I'm not suggesting it is responsible for his disappearance. I was however surprised to learn that benzodiazepines had this potential.

ETA: benzodiazepines are used in the treatment of stress.

I agree with you about work comments btw. I only made my comment so people knew I wasn’t thinking conspiracy.

Did he carpool with anyone?

HIPAA - PHI - Missing Person:

https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-profe...close-to-law-enforcement-officials/index.html

When does the Privacy Rule allow covered entities to disclose protected health information to law enforcement officials?
Answer:
The Privacy Rule is balanced to protect an individual’s privacy while allowing important law enforcement functions to continue. The Rule permits covered entities to disclose protected health information (PHI) to law enforcement officials, without the individual’s written authorization, under specific circumstances summarized below. For a complete understanding of the conditions and requirements for these disclosures, please review the exact regulatory text at the citations provided. Disclosures for law enforcement purposes are permitted as follows:
[...]

• To respond to a request for PHI for purposes of identifying or locating a suspect, fugitive, material witness or missing person; but the covered entity must limit disclosures of PHI to name and address, date and place of birth, social security number, ABO blood type and rh factor, type of injury, date and time of treatment, date and time of death, and a description of distinguishing physical characteristics. Other information related to the individual’s DNA, dental records, body fluid or tissue typing, samples, or analysis cannot be disclosed under this provision, but may be disclosed in response to a court order, warrant, or written administrative request (45 CFR 164.512(f)(2)).
[...]

I agree with you about work comments btw. I only made my comment so people knew I was thinking conspiracy.

Did he carpool with anyone?

I'm not aware of a carpool.

Maybe I should have asked is it a work conspiracy to inquire whether or not to him ever left the CDC campus? I supposed it wasn't because the police were the first to bring it up in their press conference. I wish they would share the information with us.

Maybe I should have asked is it a work conspiracy to inquire whether or not to him ever left the CDC campus? I supposed it wasn't because the police were the first to bring it up in their press conference. I wish they would share the information with us.

I don’t think so. My comment wasn’t directed towards your post. I was just making a general statement about my own comment.

I also wish that LE would confirm that he left. But it seems likely that he did because his car and all his belongings, including things he likely had with him that morning, were found at home.

(Of course, one can imagine scenarios in which TC was attacked at work and an assailant took all those things home, or in which he voluntarily departed from work to some other location and in which an accomplice took those things home. But these seem unlikely to me.)

It would be good if LE would have another press conference with any updates, or if an enterprising reporter would do a follow-up story and try to get more info from the detectives. JMO

Are his parents still in Atlanta, if so, are they hunting actively for him still?

I just went back through the APD press conference from Feb 27 and it was the position of the APD at that time that it would be speculative to conclude Tim ever returned home because they have no evidence to prove that.

I just went back through the APD press conference from Feb 27 and it was the position of the APD at that time that it would be speculative to conclude Tim ever returned home because they have no evidence to prove that.

I think it’s reasonable to believe that Tim left the CDC campus and got home before he disappeared, based on where his belongings were when his parents arrived.

The parking lots and decks at CDC are pretty busy and even if the cameras didn’t pick up any footage of Tim getting in his vehicle and driving off, someone else would have seen something suspicious. After all, he left campus that Monday at a time when people were still arriving to work (people start at all different times at CDC- it seems like Tim started earlier than most, maybe to beat the traffic).

Edit: I almost always notice whenever I come into the garage in the morning and someone is already leaving. Mostly because I want to try and take their spot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRANNYINVESTIGATES
Back