Found Deceased GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
attachment.php

LAhiker, it’s cold. :(

https://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?02336000

Thanks for finding that. Though water temps lag behind air temps, probably it's even colder in February.

If we assume that water temps were between 40 and 50 degrees Farenheit at the time, this link from a Minnesota site says that expected time before exhaustion or unconsciousness is between 30 and 60 minutes, depending on a lot of factors.

http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/coastal_communities/hypothermia#time

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 7.47.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 7.47.35 PM.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 669
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVSaoirV2Xc

This is yet another even more recent Gray Hughes video. He live streamed his thoughts on several cases he is following.

His segment on Timothy's case begins at approximately 14:55 in the video, and continues to about the 32:30 mark. There are several dead air minutes after that, during which he composes his notes for the last case, which begins at about the 37:35 mark.

During those minutes in between he does intersperse a few more comments about Timothy. However, the majority of Timothy's case is over by the 32:30 mark.

During this segment on Timothy he does do some review, but includes more in depth analysis of the other various routes Timothy could have taken, the distances involved, and the heights of the bridges to the water below.

He also shows the ramp to the railroad tracks, and discusses the jogging aspect too.

I found this video even more enlightening especially after viewing the other one he did on Timothy's case yesterday...

JMO

Does anyone know what kind of timeline we are realistically looking at for identification of the body that was found? I believe liltexans mentioned dental records, which may be all there is to go on at this point.

I presume, given the location and circumstances, APD would attempt to confirm or rule out that it is Tim first? Wishful thinking?

Does anyone know what kind of timeline we are realistically looking at for identification of the body that was found? I believe liltexans mentioned dental records, which may be all there is to go on at this point.

I presume, given the location and circumstances, APD would attempt to confirm or rule out that it is Tim first? Wishful thinking?

I was hoping that they found a skull and could make a dental ID of the body because a dental ID would be very quick. DNA testing will take much longer, possibly even months. It would be great to get an update from APD about the body found and what they are doing to try to ID the body.

My heart goes out to the family of Dr. Cunningham. Such a tragic outcome. Prayers for all.

Oh, No! I hate this. Rest easy, Tim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Confirmed by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-n...researcher-cunningham/ohcj5gRORntlQ4rnAx21hM/

Does anyone know whether they are likely to have done a full autopsy yet, or whether they would first just focus on identification?

They probably performed the autopsy already, but toxicology results take several weeks to come back, so I doubt they will finalize the autopsy findings until they have all laboratory results completed. Perhaps they will release preliminary autopsy findings, though.

I was afraid when I heard about the body in the Chattahoochee that it might be Tim.
There were two other bodies found that I commented on and it turned out not to be him, so I didn't post about it.
I brought the map up and it doesn't seem like it is too far from where he lived.
I'll tune in at 2:00 for the presser.
RIP Dr. Cunningham.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this. This made me think of some questions -- I realize you may not have all the answers. Would the Chattahoochee be very cold in February in Atlanta? Is it fed by snow melt from the Blue Ridge Mountains? I don't know much about the weather in those mountains or about the sources of the Chattahoochee.

How strong the current of the Chattahoochee is in Atlanta? How deep is the river there?

Another question is whether Cunningham knew how to swim. I gather you can drown yourself even if you know how to swim. You can weigh yourself down with stones as Virginia Woolf did, or you can try to do other things to get around your natural survival instinct, but it may take some doing.

If he did know how to swim, being overweight could make it harder to drown himself because his body would be more buoyant and hypothermia would take longer. Being weighed down by wet clothes, however, might hurry the process. Of course, if he didn't know how to swim, that would make it an effective method of suicide, if that was his goal.

One way people apparently commit suicide by jumping off bridges into rivers is if the fall from the bridge is so great that it knocks you unconscious. Looking at Google Street View, it doesn't look like the bridge across the Chattahoochee at Marietta Blvd NW is high enough to reliably knock one unconscious. The bridge at the James Jackson Parkway has curved metal fences that would prevent one from jumping off. I don't know about the railway bridge because it doesn't have Street View.

But if the Chattahoochee in that area was cold and swiftly flowing at that time, suicide by drowning/hypothermia might have been easier. (Steep banks might also make suicide more possible, but not sure the Chattahoochee has steep banks there.)

Not to say that the body is TC's, or even if it is, that he committed suicide -- just thinking about how doable that would be. JMO
From what I understand after living here all my life, that the Chattahoochee River is ALWAYS between 50° - 56°. Even in the hottest days of summer.
I have gone rafting down the "hooch" a few times and the water is frigid! My bare feet got cold on the bottom of the raft.
People are also known to float their coolers in an inner tube because the water helps keep the drinks/ice cold.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So very sorry to know that this brilliant man has died. Wishing his family much love, comfort and peace.

So very sorry to know that this brilliant man has died. Wishing his family much love, comfort and peace.

What a tragic loss! I was so hopeful that he was taking a break, but I really knew better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just turned on the TV - so very, very sad.

If this was suicide, I pray you are at peace, Dr. Cunningham.

bigstock-Candle-With-Flame-In-Dark-Back-160910972.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ragnimom
Back