GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, y’all, I just spent all kinds of time writing that post and while I was writing it, there was an update (at 11:32am, just now, 10 minutes ago, seriously!).
It wasn’t him. Glad it’s not and glad the missing man’s loved ones now have answers. But I should’ve totally been doing laundry or dishes or something else I’ve been ignoring instead of writing that now useless post. 😩 Oh well, got to brush up on my sleuthing skills, right?!

Interesting that Tim's father said that he detected anger in his son's communications. Not known if this anger was concerning his professional or personal life, as it seems he had been dealing with issues in both areas. IDK if anger is an emotion which might lead to suicide ? I wonder if someone stopped by Tim's house, and he left with them. Possibly just to ride around and talk ? And things then went sideways ?

Reminder: Please do not sleuth Tim's family members, including their social media accounts. At this time, there are no POIs or suspects in Tim's disappearance and all of his family members are considered victims.

Should that change, we will open up sleuthing to any POIs or suspects.

Thank you for your cooperation.

This post lands at random.

Tim, where are you? We are worried about you.

Omg, y’all, I just spent all kinds of time writing that post and while I was writing it, there was an update (at 11:32am, just now, 10 minutes ago, seriously!).
It wasn’t him. Glad it’s not and glad the missing man’s loved ones now have answers. But I should’ve totally been doing laundry or dishes or something else I’ve been ignoring instead of writing that now useless post.  Oh well, got to brush up on my sleuthing skills, right?!

Nothing wrong with your sleuthing skills. Please don't feel bad. It was not a useless post. You shared some good thoughts that could even prove helpful for other cases as well.

But if it makes you feel any better, the same thing happens to me all the time. Must be a Murphy Law thing for WS posting.

The minute I post, there is an update that changes everything, or I find a late post from someone else up thread that I missed. Which had i seen it beforehand would have caused me to completely change how I worded my post.

So, feel free to join me on this 'can't believe I did that' bench. I'll move over and make room for you...;)

Interesting thing about this....

A body was also found in a Dunwoody retention pond a couple of weeks ago. Dunwoody and Gwinnett are about 40 minutes apart. Other articles specify that Nucera was the man found in the Dunwoody pond, which makes sense because he lived in the Dunwoody area. I think WSBTV has made an error in reporting that it was the Gwinnett pond. Every other article states it was the Dunwoody pond.

“Dunwoody police officers found the body of 37-year-old Mark Nucera on Feb. 10 in a pond behind a house on Kingsland Drive, Dunwoody police spokesman Sgt. Robert Parsons said in a news release. ”

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/polic...y-found-dunwoody-pond/yxr6ORi0rzO4b3VYWETNkK/

http://www.11alive.com/article/news...ied-at-missing-man-from-dunwoody/85-523424287

That being said, several residents who saw the body in the Gwinnett pond have stated it was a white male. Sadly, bodies found in ponds have been common in the Atlanta area lately.

Jumping off of your post liz b. about the 2 open windows.

Was curious what the window configuration was on Timothy's house so I found his address via property records.
https://qpublic.schneidercorp.com/Application.aspx?App=FultonCountyGA&PageType=Search

You cannot see the back of the house from street view, but you can see the driveway, and garage from the map view.
I cant tell if the back balconies are accessible from ground level.

The vegetation is so thick around there. Walk out of his house and head down La Dawn or Marietta. :notgood:

I tired to post these without the actual house number, hope that's okay.

TChome_map.PNGTChome_front.jpgTChome_west.PNGTChome_east.PNG

Reminder: Please do not sleuth Tim's family members, including their social media accounts. At this time, there are no POIs or suspects in Tim's disappearance and all of his family members are considered victims.

Should that change, we will open up sleuthing to any POIs or suspects.

Thank you for your cooperation.

This post lands at random.

I'm sorry. I wasn't accusing his brother. I thought it was interesting that they both worked there and that for that reason the CDC was not more active in the search. Note taken.

I'm sorry. I wasn't accusing his brother. I thought it was interesting that they both worked there and that for that reason the CDC was not more active in the search. Note taken.

I didn't think you were accusing him. :)

I just wanted to make sure everyone understands that we can't post any of the family's social media at this time, just Tim's if it is public. If mainstream media reports something about where Tim's relatives work or anything interesting about them, you may certainly post those links and discuss anything in the articles.

I hope that helps.

A body was also found in a Dunwoody retention pond a couple of weeks ago. Dunwoody and Gwinnett are about 40 minutes apart. Other articles specify that Nucera was the man found in the Dunwoody pond, which makes sense because he lived in the Dunwoody area. I think WSBTV has made an error in reporting that it was the Gwinnett pond. Every other article states it was the Dunwoody pond.

“Dunwoody police officers found the body of 37-year-old Mark Nucera on Feb. 10 in a pond behind a house on Kingsland Drive, Dunwoody police spokesman Sgt. Robert Parsons said in a news release. ”

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/polic...y-found-dunwoody-pond/yxr6ORi0rzO4b3VYWETNkK/

http://www.11alive.com/article/news...ied-at-missing-man-from-dunwoody/85-523424287

That being said, several residents who saw the body in the Gwinnett pond have stated it was a white male. Sadly, bodies found in ponds have been common in the Atlanta area lately.

Thank you for the heads up! WSBTV has since deleted the paragraph from the article I linked which stated the body was identified as Nucera...I'm going to delete my post to prevent confusion.

(Darn it it won't let me delete my previous post identifying body as Nucera based on WSBTV article.)

Thanks, I was going to post this link on Evan Painter's thread since it was approx 4 hours away.

The post has been updated now that they have identified the man, but previously there was a note at the end of the article saying that although police had not confirmed the identity, they had released that it was not Tim Cunningham.

EDIT: ... and now it looks like maybe it has been changed again. Tough to say at this point what's accurate. I know at one time, they had clarified that it was not Tim before they knew/released who it was.

Jumping off of your post liz b. about the 2 open windows.

Was curious what the window configuration was on Timothy's house so I found his address via property records.
https://qpublic.schneidercorp.com/Application.aspx?App=FultonCountyGA&PageType=Search

You cannot see the back of the house from street view, but you can see the driveway, and garage from the map view.
I cant tell if the back balconies are accessible from ground level.

The vegetation is so thick around there. Walk out of his house and head down La Dawn or Marietta. :notgood:

I tired to post these without the actual house number, hope that's okay.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Yes, from your third photo -- or from Google Street view if you go even further towards the corner -- you can see that the garage is down under the right side of the house. So the reports that his SUV was in the garage could indeed be correct.

The ground falls away in the back of the house; the back balcony is one floor above ground level, but maybe there are stairs.

Like you, I wonder which windows were left open and why. My interpretation of why his relatives found that odd due to his environmental concerns is that he would normally regard it as heating the outside.

There's been some confusion about whether Cunningham called in sick or left work saying he felt sick. My understanding of the news reports is that he left work early and we don't know whether he came home after that, but I could be wrong.

Cunningham's house is near wooded areas, a creek, the railroad tracks, freeways, a water treatment plant, and the Chattahoochee River. Given that we don't know whether he came home from work (assuming he was at work to start with), it's not clear how relevant that is. I don't know whether it's clear to law enforcement whether he went missing from home, but if that's a possibility I hope they're searching all nearby areas.

I don't know whether it's clear to law enforcement whether he went missing from home, but if that's a possibility I hope they're searching all nearby areas.

I would assume they probably know from access cards or parking lot CCTV whether he drove to work that day. If he did, they can assume he returned home after he left work, since the car was there.

I don't know the area, and these things depend a lot on region, but that strikes me as a huge house for one person!

Featured on The Today show - interview with Tim's parents:
https://www.today.com/video/cdc-employee-still-missing-after-leaving-office-with-flu-1170513475768

"We as a family were aware of some personal issues that were going on with Tim. There were also some work issues that had occurred."

After watching that interview, especially the end - I'm leaning towards him taking off voluntarily, or sadly, self harm

So sad to see his little dog, who looks elderly, missing his buddy, Tim. Thankfully his parents drove to his home, found Bo and cared for him. So often the pets become victims in these cases. I hope Tim is found safe soon. Hoping these personal and work issues did not cause him to be a victim of foul play but more than likely a mental break.

Atlanta temps. High 62 F/ low 50 F on 2/12.

If I had a fever and was sweating, I might open the windows in my bedroom and maybe turn the ceiling fan on. Not sure I would if I had a cold. Scenario: he was sick and opened them to get fresh air. Dunno.

https://m.accuweather.com/en/us/atlanta-ga/30303/february-weather/348181?monyr=2/1/2018
0070d07f8c4da34ae89a92fbc4add10e.jpg

I read upthread that it was raining at some point. To me, leaving windows open in the house might imply he stepped out, with the intention of returning fairly soon. jmo,though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735