GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have the link, but it was stated in an early report when they were not able to get in touch with Tim, the parents drove overnight (I think from Maryland) to his house. They had a set of keys and went inside, found his car home, wallet, keys, etc inside as well as the dog.

I agree with watergirl62, the dog being left in the house doesn't fit with him leaving voluntarily.

Maybe he told his family on the Sunday that he hated his job and wanted to leave.
Perhaps he told them at work, I think they holding back a lot about the case, on the off chance he does return, I think it is unlikely at this point.

It appears now that only local LE is handling the case. I don't know the answer to this..... but If progress is slow and Timothy is not found soon, since the CDC is a federal agency, would the FBI get involved? I'm happy to see so many people aggressively searching and bringing awareness to the case ..... and already taking it nationwide. The media has also kept it in the news daily. All of this is so beneficial.

The Jurisdiction for the CDC is the Federal Government. They may or may not investigate or get involved depending on the feed back they get from the family regarding conversations and texts that were found.

From the link I provided in my prior post, the reporter in the video states it WAS the extended family member who went into Timothy's house and found the dog that had not been cared for, as well as Timothy's personal belongings left behind...

It seems like there is always so much conflicting information that comes out in these cases. I tend to believe though that this news station has the correct facts about that matter. Makes more sense...

JMO

I’m sharing this article as it seems to give a few more details about TC’s personality, and also quotes his father as saying that their last conversation was “not normal. I was not comfortable.” I’ve seen other articles mention the last conversation between TC and his dad as being “not normal” but none where the father said he wasn’t confortable with their conversation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/us/cdc-employee-missing.html

Quoting my earlier post to say I now believe I was wrong, wrong, wrong!

I think this later article ( thanks Skagirl, ) has the right information. So I stand corrected.

From the link it states that when the family had difficulty contacting Timothy, they asked a relative to check his house. The relative found the house and garage locked, with two windows open. So his parents drove all night from Maryland and arrived the morning of Feb. 14th.

The article states: "They used a spare key to enter their son's home, where he lived alone with his dog, Mr. Bojangles, known as Bo."

They were the ones who found his dog uncared for, along with his personal belongings, his wallet, cellphone, keys to his car, and various forms of ID, including his driver's license and passport. Not the relative.

I'm so sorry for posting apparent erroneous information. I did hear it in the video I had linked but I wish I had waited longer for the facts to shake out.

Thanks again, Skagirl. It's a very informative article.

Sadly, I'm feeling even more this was a mental health crisis for Timothy, and my heart goes out to him and his family...

Such an amazing man! This case is on my mind all the time. I pray he is found safe...

ETA: Sorry cnmcarthy and Atimom, I just now read your posts regarding all this. Again, my regrets for misleading anyone. Thank you Atimom for trying to correct that misperception I caused. I appreciate that...

JMO

This is my first post ever on web sleuths, though I’ve been following another Atlanta missing persons case (Jenna Van Gelderen) on here for a while. Here is the updated news story on Tim. His family has been inside his house and he isn’t there. His phone, wallet, credit card, and keys were at the house, as was his car. I assume they have called hospitals?
http://www.cbs46.com/story/37529772/police-searching-for-missing-cdc-employee
Welcome SleuthinginATL. I am about an hour away from Atlanta!

another case that seems like it should have a lot more attention. Wow. Hope he is found safe but this is an another odd case IMO.
Indeed. Hubby listens to talk radio and has heard missing cases driving to and from work. We are in the localish area and hubby hasn't heard anything on Timothy Cunningham.

Tim is such a handsome and accomplished man, but his case is baffling. I don't know what to add except my first reaction was I don't like that there is a major railyard so close to his neighborhood.

He was sick, so not feeling 100% and therefore potentially vulnerable to an unexpected visitor. Mental break seems totally plausible with all the stress and abundant family communication and concern. Voluntary doesn't fit for me just because of the dog IMO.

I hope there is a break in his case soon.

( BBM )

The reason why I think it probably IS voluntary, ( though I use that term loosely, ) despite the dog, is because the little bit we've learned sounds characteristic of a psychotic break.

What we've heard sounds like he may have possibly become delusional and paranoid, with hallucinations. If any of that is true, he may have no longer had the reasoning ability to rationally foresee the consequences of leaving the dog alone.

Just a thought running through my mind. Not meaning to try to diagnose from tiny bits of information. ( Only a doctor can diagnose, and never from a distance. )

I pray my fears are wrong. However, it would explain him leaving the dog alone since he would be in the grips of severe mental illness, and no longer aware of what he was doing...

JMO

This is my first post ever on web sleuths, though I’ve been following another Atlanta missing persons case (Jenna Van Gelderen) on here for a while. Here is the updated news story on Tim. His family has been inside his house and he isn’t there. His phone, wallet, credit card, and keys were at the house, as was his car. I assume they have called hospitals?

From Google Maps it seems he lives in a small neighborhood compared to others in GA.
Also, noted it seems no garages. So I am gonna assume driveway or street parking. I wonder if anyone saw him come home that day? ...or any cameras in the area that show his behavior returning home?
ETA Correction - after looking again it seems street parking only.
f62d9d9de757cbd1de417f8da658be31.jpg

( BBM )

The reason why I think it probably IS voluntary, ( though I use that term loosely, ) despite the dog, is because the little bit we've learned sounds characteristic of a psychotic break.

What we've heard sounds like he may have possibly become delusional and paranoid, with hallucinations. If any of that is true, he may have no longer had the reasoning ability to rationally foresee the consequences of leaving the dog alone.

Just a thought running through my mind. Not meaning to try to diagnose from tiny bits of information. ( Only a doctor can diagnose, and never from a distance. )

I pray my fears are wrong. However, it would explain him leaving the dog alone since he would be in the grips of severe mental illness, and no longer aware of what he was doing...

JMO

Agree about the mental break scenario being very possible, but I didnt categorize that as voluntary in my post. I see what you mean that it could be perceived as voluntary if he was having a breakdown and it seemed logical to disappear in his state of mind.

Whatever may have happened, I hope he is found soon. [emoji20]

I could be wrong, but I don't think men over 30 are really prone to be kidnapped for human trafficking.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wish more people understood how trafficking actually works. People in the United States do not get kidnapped by random people. Taken is fiction. It's too risky as they are likely to have people looking for them. Atlanta is a trafficking hub but this usually vulnerable populations. like young women of color without much support and immigrants.

I'd also add that gangs don't kidnap random people and hold them for weeks. Nothing involving some random criminal makes any sense here.

I'm also leaning towards there being a mental health issue here. The convo he had with his dad that Sunday seems to lend to that.

[...]

But the researcher, who studies disease patterns, was not feeling well Feb. 12 and left work around midday.

[...]

“I feel like I’m in a horrible ‘Black Mirror’ episode,” his sister, Tiara Cunningham, told the New York Times, referencing the dystopian sci-fi television show. “I’m kind of lost without him, to be quite honest.”

She told the paper she speaks with her brother often, but their conversation Feb. 12 left her concerned. “He sounded not like himself,” she said. He did not reply to a text message she sent later, and their mother, Tia-Juana Cunningham, did not reach him either.

Cunningham's father, Terrell Cunningham, and mother drove all night from their home in Waldorf, Md., to Atlanta, arriving on Valentine's Day. What they discovered in their son's home raised more questions, including Cunningham's unattended dog, Mr. Bojangles, and his wallet, cellphone and driver's license. His car was in the garage, the Times reported.

Terrell Cunningham also had concerns about recent interactions with his son, whom he described as focused on a host of professional and personal issues.

“The tone and the numerous exchanges gave us reason to be concerned about Tim,” he said. “And I don’t know if it’s an instinct you have because it’s your child, but it was not a normal conversation, and I was not comfortable.” The family did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eks-ago-then-vanished/?utm_term=.d195170465ce

[...]

But the researcher, who studies disease patterns, was not feeling well Feb. 12 and left work around midday.

[...]

“I feel like I’m in a horrible ‘Black Mirror’ episode,” his sister, Tiara Cunningham, told the New York Times, referencing the dystopian sci-fi television show. “I’m kind of lost without him, to be quite honest.”

She told the paper she speaks with her brother often, but their conversation Feb. 12 left her concerned. “He sounded not like himself,” she said. He did not reply to a text message she sent later, and their mother, Tia-Juana Cunningham, did not reach him either.

Cunningham's father, Terrell Cunningham, and mother drove all night from their home in Waldorf, Md., to Atlanta, arriving on Valentine's Day. What they discovered in their son's home raised more questions, including Cunningham's unattended dog, Mr. Bojangles, and his wallet, cellphone and driver's license. His car was in the garage, the Times reported.

Terrell Cunningham also had concerns about recent interactions with his son, whom he described as focused on a host of professional and personal issues.

“The tone and the numerous exchanges gave us reason to be concerned about Tim,” he said. “And I don’t know if it’s an instinct you have because it’s your child, but it was not a normal conversation, and I was not comfortable.” The family did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...eks-ago-then-vanished/?utm_term=.d195170465ce

^His car was in the garage^
Well that knocks out my post of being parked on the street. I didn't see garages but I could have missed it.

ETA I have a thought but I will remain silent since my recent thought appears to be wrong. sigh. ....and it might be considered a conspiracy and I don't want to go bye-bye yet.
Watching and hoping he is found safe soon!

Agree about the mental break scenario being very possible, but I didnt categorize that as voluntary in my post. I see what you mean that it could be perceived as voluntary if he was having a breakdown and it seemed logical to disappear in his state of mind.

Whatever may have happened, I hope he is found soon. [emoji20]

I'm so sorry I misinterpreted your post. Nothing worse than feeling like someone is putting words in your mouth. My apologies!

Please feel free to share your thoughts further. I really like your posts. You always bring a deeper and intuitive sense to the cases you follow...

TIA...

I thought I posted this but I don't see that it showed up. Did any of you notice his brother Anterio works at the CDC as well?

His parents must have been very concerned to drive through the night so soon after him not answering texts etc, yet one report I saw, it sounded like police weren’t notified for about four days.

Perhaps we could list what we know to be true about Timothy from msm link?

I know I am confused with the last day seen vs last day heard from. He left work early one day and the next work day called in sick. Is that correct?

ETA -

Feb 17- MISSING PERSON: Atlanta Police Department needs your help to locate 35-year-old Timothy Cunningham.

He was reported missing on February 14, 2018. He has not been seen or heard from since February 12, 2018 after leaving his job at the Center of Disease Control and Prevention. Anyone with information is asked to call APD's Missing Persons Unit at 404-546-4235.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1803060989704755&id=160302503980620

https://www.facebook.com/AtlantaPoliceDpt/

Perhaps we could list what we know to be true about Timothy from msm link?

I know I am confused with the last day seen vs last day heard from. He left work early one day and the next work day called in sick. Is that correct?

ETA -

Feb 17- MISSING PERSON: Atlanta Police Department needs your help to locate 35-year-old Timothy Cunningham.

He was reported missing on February 14, 2018. He has not been seen or heard from since February 12, 2018 after leaving his job at the Center of Disease Control and Prevention. Anyone with information is asked to call APD's Missing Persons Unit at 404-546-4235.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1803060989704755&id=160302503980620

https://www.facebook.com/AtlantaPoliceDpt/
From SleuthinginAtl link-

His family found his phone, wallet, credit cards, keys and vehicle at his house located in the Bolton community.

ETA- brain failing and there are a lot of links on him going missing and a lot of articles slightly different but I got twoish done.

No link just my thoughts- How recent was that promotion? Did someone want that position and he got it?

Based on Dad & sister's last conversations as not being "normal" with some anger and confusion noted, I'm wondering if there was a family disagreement or some tension.

The NY Times article linked above also includes the following:

Anterio Cunningham, 41, his older brother, said the disappearance “totally goes against not just our core principles as a family but also his personality.”

That business about core principles as a family also suggests some tension or disapproval of choices Timothy was making. It also perhaps skirts around the suggestion of suicide.

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member