GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what we know, this reminds me so much of a case that I worked on here on WS a few years ago. Unfortunately, it wound up being a suicide. I wonder what the surrounding areas of his home are like? Wooded, bodies of water? On the case that I am thinking of, they found him in the woods near his house. Sadly I will be very surprised if this is not suicide.

ETA just saw the map posted a few pages back. Lots of woods :(.

Thanks, I was trying to figure out if it made sense to open the windows. That doesn't sound quite warm enough to turn off heat and open them and if there was rain, it really wouldn't make sense. JMO.

Could he have left through the window? Locked the door from the inside then left through the window. This scenario would almost look like he was fleeing/hiding from someone. Wanted them to think he's home when he's not. Were the lights left on or TV or something?

Too farfetched?

I'm thinking he has/had a secret. Maybe a secret relationship or something to do with drugs or money. Maybe he was blackmailed or threatened. Maybe someone put a lot of pressure on him in the days before which is why he sounded confused - too preoccupied with the severe problem he found himself in to talk about the usual stuff with family?

Maybe that person demanded to meet with him and he thought he'll be right back but things turned nefarious.

Regarding the question whether he called in sick or he left work sick. Could he have called his boss while at work, told him that he doesn't feel well and will go home? Maybe boss was in another part of the building, or TC didn't want to face him, so he just called him and left. That would explain why both was reported.

I don't think he was sick, I think something was going on that he had to take care of urgently, right then.

All jmo moo.

Could he have left through the window? Locked the door from the inside then left through the window. This scenario would almost look like he was fleeing/hiding from someone. Wanted them to think he's home when he's not. Were the lights left on or TV or something?

Too farfetched?

I'm thinking he has/had a secret. Maybe a secret relationship or something to do with drugs or money. Maybe he was blackmailed or threatened. Maybe someone put a lot of pressure on him in the days before which is why he sounded confused - too preoccupied with the severe problem he found himself in to talk about the usual stuff with family?

Maybe that person demanded to meet with him and he thought he'll be right back but things turned nefarious.

Regarding the question whether he called in sick or he left work sick. Could he have called his boss while at work, told him that he doesn't feel well and will go home? Maybe boss was in another part of the building, or TC didn't want to face him, so he just called him and left. That would explain why both was reported.

I don't think he was sick, I think something was going on that he had to take care of urgently, right then.

All jmo moo.

Big guy to get out a window but anything is possible. I don't think he was sick either, he was meeting someone perhaps to work out his troubles?

Regarding his private Instagram account. Did you read his tag line? and only line. He may of only had a handful of people privy to his private life.

Can we assume that any attics and crawl spaces have been checked. If he was paranoid about something, it’s possible that he hid inside the house and some thing happened.

Just a thought that I haven’t seen mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting thought - Particularly since his door was locked but his keys were found inside (and the fact the windows were open, and no additional provisions or longer-term arrangements for the dog).

I assume most people have all keys (home, car, office, etc) on one key ring... likely was the same for TC, right? Or maybe he just left his "main" key ring at home and grabbed a spare house key (locking the door on his way out) which would seem like he planned only for a quick trip down the block/street. There's been no mention that he was a runner/walker... but even if he was it seems his dog would have gone along. (mostly thinking/reasoning aloud here... and might not make sense, lol)

I do hope he's found soon.

Some articles say only his car keys were in the house, who knows now. He may have been held up to such high perfect standards, from his family, looks like his Dad may have been and still is in a uniform in this article....Military. Plus high Professional standards. That has to take a toll on anyone.

Here is a good article. It also states his long time boss retired and he had a different boss now.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/timothy-cunningham-cdc-missing-atlanta-flu-photos/

Do we know what time he left work the last morning and did he usually drive to work?
He seemed to spend a lot of time on his phone, but did he even take it to work that day? He wasn’t answering by the afternoon.
He was said to be a meticulous planner, I wonder if he even returned home after leaving work that day, maybe he knew exactly what he was going to do when he got up that morning.

The thing that stands out most to me about this case is what his father said about him sounding angry or confused. Then the subsequent follow up call from his sister.

I agree 100% !!

I’m sharing this article as it seems to give a few more details about TC’s personality, and also quotes his father as saying that their last conversation was “not normal. I was not comfortable.” I’ve seen other articles mention the last conversation between TC and his dad as being “not normal” but none where the father said he wasn’t confortable with their conversation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/us/cdc-employee-missing.html

And since Atlanta is a hotbed for human trafficking, he may have been taken and could sadly be on the underground market by now.

I could be wrong, but I don't think men over 30 are really prone to be kidnapped for human trafficking.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

<snipped for focus>... quotes his father as saying that their last conversation was “not normal. I was not comfortable.” I’ve seen other articles mention the last conversation between TC and his dad as being “not normal” but none where the father said he wasn’t confortable with their conversation.

Ugh! I wish they would disclose what he actually said. This is so frustrating.

Ugh! I wish they would disclose what he actually said. This is so frustrating.

I&#8217;m with you on that! I feel like knowing whatever the conversation was about might help with finding him...

I&#8217;m also sharing this article as it mentions that he spoke with his sister at 7:00 a.m. on Feb. 12th & has a few quotes from long-time friends of TC.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...cunningham-went-missing-more-week-ago-n850721

Some articles say only his car keys were in the house, who knows now. He may have been held up to such high perfect standards, from his family, looks like his Dad may have been and still is in a uniform in this article....Military. Plus high Professional standards. That has to take a toll on anyone.

Here is a good article. It also states his long time boss retired and he had a different boss now.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/02/timothy-cunningham-cdc-missing-atlanta-flu-photos/

'Maybe there is confusion about the keys... car keys, all keys?

AND... additionally confusing to me is... the reporter in the video (approx 50) states "... loved ones say he was there (his home as she had just referenced) Monday afternoon but no one knows where he went after he left".

I thought he was last seen in the morning (leavingthe CDC). Of note, the news video was originally posted Feb 19... was this incorrect info... or maybe the family/loved ones just assumed he went home since his car was there? Or was he seen at his home??

Not enough info or confusing info :thinking:

ETA: The link !

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/police-search-for-missing-cdc-employee

Based on Dad & sister's last conversations as not being "normal" with some anger and confusion noted, I'm wondering if there was a family disagreement or some tension. He may not have been physically ill, but left work Feb 12 to sort out some social or mental health issues. If drugs or alcohol are involved, he could have checked into rehab, in which case, with HIPPA laws, it may be difficult to locate him. I also read that he left work about noon and was planning to finish the days work at home. Wondering if he logged onto his computer after getting from home, and if so, what time?

One other thing that caught my attention, but I could be reading into it is ...... Timothy's mother saying "Tim, if you see any of this information please know that you can come back home. We love and miss you. We just want you back in our arms." This seems like a Mom who is reaching out to a very fragile person or she has a suspicion that Timothy left home voluntarily for some reason.

The search effort includes small and large groups organizing to canvas and flyer the local area, said close friend David Calloway. He spoke on behalf of the family and is helping lead the search. Social media, digital messaging services and Morehouse&#8217;s alumni network have expanded that effort nationwide.

As of today we have been unable to locate Mr. Cunningham and we are seeking the assistance of the public with this case,&#8221; Officer Donald T. Hannah of the Atlanta Police Department said in an email on Saturday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/us/cdc-employee-missing.html

One other thing that caught my attention, but I could be reading into it is ...... Timothy's mother saying "Tim, if you see any of this information please know that you can come back home. We love and miss you. We just want you back in our arms." This seems like a Mom who is reaching out to a very fragile person or she has a suspicion that Timothy left home voluntarily for some reason.

See, that's what makes me think something in their last conversations with him might have set him off. Like, whatever they discussed was troubling enough for them to think he might have disappeared over it and now may be ashamed to resurface because of it. Assuming that conversation was about his sexuality, did he feel afterwards that he'd been disowned?

Still, I can't imagine such an accomplished person sacrificing so much for parental approval and voluntarily leaving and running off with a lover. And if he just voluntarily left, seems like he would have taken his phone, at least. Although, tracking. But, if running away with a lover, why not take the dog, too.

If no foul play is suspected, I just think the most plausible explanation might be a mental break. I just wonder what his mental state was when he left work. And does anyone know who reported him missing and when they realized he was missing? If it were a fight, seems odd his parents wouldn't have first assumed he was avoiding them vs. being missing.

Tim is such a handsome and accomplished man, but his case is baffling. I don't know what to add except my first reaction was I don't like that there is a major railyard so close to his neighborhood.

He was sick, so not feeling 100% and therefore potentially vulnerable to an unexpected visitor. Mental break seems totally plausible with all the stress and abundant family communication and concern. Voluntary doesn't fit for me just because of the dog IMO.

I hope there is a break in his case soon.

From the link I provided in my prior post, the reporter in the video states it WAS the extended family member who went into Timothy's house and found the dog that had not been cared for, as well as Timothy's personal belongings left behind...

It seems like there is always so much conflicting information that comes out in these cases. I tend to believe though that this news station has the correct facts about that matter. Makes more sense...

JMO

Oh thank God. Yes that definitely makes a lot more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC