GA GA - Timothy Cunningham, 35, Chamblee, 12 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was going to ask about rivers or bodies of water in the area.... then looked at SleuthyLou's excellent maps.

Could he have been taking a walk to 'clear his head', and fallen into the river ?
Hopefully he's just needing some time alone.
Did he recently break up with a girlfriend ?

Also I may have been listening to too many missing 411 accounts of young men -- except Timothy was older than the age group of missing college students, obviously. :(

Good to see there's a reward offered and family who miss him !!

I am from Atlanta and familiar with the area where Timothy lives. It is a mixed section of Atlanta. While the homes in that area are nice (Adams Crossing is a well known neighborhood), it is a small pocket. The area's proximity to railroad tracks can draw an unfavorable element. Also, the area turns fairly quickly as you head south. Drugs and gang activity in that area are well known. I hope that Timothy is found safe.

You can Google crime on La Dawn Ave. There was also a high profile shooting on Sumter Street in 2015. Both of those streets are right around the corner from Timothy's Street.

If it were me, I would take a closer look at the railroad tracks (active line).

Was going to ask about rivers or bodies of water in the area.... then looked at SleuthyLou's excellent maps.

Could he have been taking a walk to 'clear his head', and fallen into the river ?
Hopefully he's just needing some time alone.
Did he recently break up with a girlfriend ?

Also I may have been listening to too many missing 411 accounts of young men -- except Timothy was older than the age group of missing college students, obviously. :(

Good to see there's a reward offered and family who miss him !!

The Chattahoochee River is a short walk up the road.

I live in Metro Atlanta, West Marietta, and I agree that the Bolton area is not the best. They’ve really tried to fix it up in the past 5-10 years with nice, new homes, and some trendy eateries, shopping, etc (closer to the Howell Mill area, if you’re familiar with the area), but that’s only a small part, as GA Peach stated (hi, neighbor!!). The area around the water plant and along the tracks - sketchy. Bolton Road - sketchy. Overall, it’s an area I do my best to avoid.

Also, wanted to add that I’ve been seeing this on the local news, both on television and moreso on Facebook via the WSB-TV/Channel 2 local news page, a lot since it happened. I just saw a post this evening and was surprised he was still missing and thought hmmm, I wonder if he’s on websleuths?!

I am from Atlanta and familiar with the area where Timothy lives. It is a mixed section of Atlanta. While the homes in that area are nice (Adams Crossing is a well known neighborhood), it is a small pocket. The area's proximity to railroad tracks can draw an unfavorable element. Also, the area turns fairly quickly as you head south. Drugs and gang activity in that area are well known. I hope that Timothy is found safe.

You can Google crime on La Dawn Ave. There was also a high profile shooting on Sumter Street in 2015. Both of those streets are right around the corner from Timothy's Street.

If it were me, I would take a closer look at the railroad tracks (active line).

The Chattahoochee River is a short walk up the road.

'Not sure if there's any "new" information in this report but his sister was the last to actually speak to him.

"...Ms. Cunningham, 27, was the last family member to speak with Commander Cunningham before he went missing, she said.

their brief phone conversation on Feb. 12 was a little different from most.

“He sounded not like himself,” she said, without elaborating. They ended the conversation the way they always do: “Love you. I’ll talk to you later.”"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/us/cdc-employee-missing.html?mtrref=www.google.com

Did he have a significant other, or was he dating anyone?

I assume the neighborhood has been canvassed for security cameras, with no report of him being seen?

ETA: His car was located in the garage so I suppose he either left with a friend or on foot.

So we know that Timothy has a strong network of support from family and friends. He has a tight knit family and communicated with them frequently. His parents were worried/concerned about something when they heard from Timothy last on Sunday, February 11th....something seemed off. Then Timothy talked to his sister the very next morning about 7am. He went to work Monday, left work early due to illness, and hasn't been seen since.

I am absolutely not criticizing the fact that they were a tight knit family with frequent conversations...... but do the phone calls/texts in such close proximity raise a red flag to anyone besides me? It seems to me that Timothy's sister was checking in Monday morning to make sure everything was ok with him ..... following up on the parents concerns from the previous day.

Things we don't know: were there concerns for depression / mental health issues / nervous breakdown? Was there something stressful going on within the family? Did Timothy have any recent relationship problems or financial issues? Anything super stressful happening at work? Was he afraid of being stalked or targeted by someone for some reason?

I believe I read that the weekend text messages between Timothy and his parents were turned over to LE, hopefully therein lies a clue. Wherever Timothy is, I hope he is found soon. My thoughts are with Timothy's family and friends.

Private (and possible old) twitter account:

https://twitter.com/tjurel

And, second-guessing my earlier post... it could be possible he was lead away from the home at gunpoint (although LE reports no evidence of foul play)

Like others... I wish we had more info

Private (and possible old) twitter account:

https://twitter.com/tjurel

And, second-guessing my earlier post... it could be possible he was lead away from the home at gunpoint (although LE reports no evidence of foul play)

Like others... I wish we had more info

From that I was able to find his (private) instagram-- it links to his twitter: https://www.instagram.com/tjurel/

Based on his user name it is probably really old as well. JMO.

There is a youtube with the same name (tjurel) that I think is his as well, but it hasn't had any posts for 10 years and I can't find a clear shot of him in the video to prove it's him (mostly videos of his dog) so I'll refrain from posting it.

"LE reports no evidence of foul play" I imagine they picked up information from his text messages, and they are keeping it private.

As Fred and Edna mentioned he could had left with someone or on foot. I think the most likely scenario is he left with someone, even someone he was in a relationship with, so he was comfortable leaving his wallet, cell phone & KEY TO HIS CAR behind. No mention of house keys left behind so he most likely took the keys since he left the house and garage locked. He didn't need his wallet (with his license etc.) if someone else was driving. A lot of men, my husband included, puts a wad of money in his front pocket, He does not use his wallet for money and refers to pay cash and never really charges anything.

His Dad said he had a lot going on in his personal life as well as work. Perhaps newly involved with someone that he wanted to spend a lot of time with and his career was so grueling other relationships never worked out due to hours he spent at work and traveling.

He could have went with this person and could have been on the rocks with to reconcile and feels such peace and comfort with that person he is still with them. It's not out of the realm of reality that he could be gay, and is tormented exposing his relationship and outing himself. Because of that his partner maybe didn't want to continue the relationship under those circumstances. If he is with someone he cares about and didn't show up for work for 2 weeks, I don't see him losing his position over it, and if he does he is accomplished enough he would have no problem picking up a new career. Maybe being under the radar will make it easy for him to now leave his job and have a relationship with someone and won't be scrutinized by his employer (Military & Government).
I think he would have taken his dog if was going off with someone to start a new life.

@kiwi50- Good point about taking his dog if he had left to start a new life. Likewise, seems like he would have taken his dog if he was going out on foot in the neighborhood for a walk with intentions of coming back home soon. Wondering what kind of dog he has..... a protector or one that would kill strangers with kisses?

Addendum to my previous post (106) on this page.... Just to clarify, IMO it seems like the family was very concerned of some changes in behavior and were worried about possible imminent danger for Timothy, and wondering if that's not why his sister called him so early Monday morning.

Who’s searching for his body? There are several ways he could have ended his life close to his home.
In this case, a $20000 reward is being offered for information leading to an arrest and indictment in this case.
Is there a reward for finding a missing person?

TC didn’t respond to the text message he received from his sister after he spoke to her on Sunday.
He didn't respond to his mother either when she contacted him on Sunday.
He went to work Monday morning and left at midday because he wasn’t feeling well.

<snipped>

The authorities in Atlanta announced a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment in the case of a missing Centers for Disease Control and Prevention employee who disappeared about two weeks ago. The police have found no evidence of foul play, he added.

Commander Cunningham&#8217;s family has teamed up with Crime Stoppers of Greater Atlanta to offer a $10,000 reward.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/24/us/cdc-employee-missing.html?mtrref=www.google.com

@kiwi50- Good point about taking his dog if he had left to start a new life. Likewise, seems like he would have taken his dog if he was going out on foot in the neighborhood for a walk with intentions of coming back home soon. Wondering what kind of dog he has..... a protector or one that would kill strangers with kisses?

Addendum to my previous post (106) on this page.... Just to clarify, IMO it seems like the family was very concerned of some changes in behavior and were worried about possible imminent danger for Timothy, and wondering if that's not why his sister called him so early Monday morning.

I don't think the moment he left he planned on staying where ever he is, or he would have taken his dog. I think who ever picked him up he ended up staying with because he found comfort and peace with that person he may even be local at that person's home and isn't ready to return. He may have read on social media that his dog is being taken of care of, by possibly his parents probably staying at his house. They said they had the key for his home and traveled there. They would not stay in a hotel as they would want to be in his house so when and if he did come back.

He left work sick. His windows were open. He disappeared. What if he had a high fever that made him want to open his windows and then made him hallucinate and wander? Has anything been said about surveillance cameras?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the weather like the day Tim disappeared?

What was the weather like the day Tim disappeared?
Imho Just from my memory...just an average Feb 12th. Not too cold and overcast also maybe a little rain. Moo

I will check and see what was reported that day.

ETA Temps were 62°/50°.

He left and knew enough to lock the house, the garage and take his keys, when he left. He was going to kill himself why bother?

He was a scientist he could have killed himself at home with chemicals and gone to sleep if he was going to kill himself. He would know the correct mixture for an immediate death.

Imho Just from my memory...just an average Feb 12th. Not too cold and overcast also maybe a little rain. Moo

I will check and see what was reported that day.

ETA Temps were 62°/50°.

Thanks, I was trying to figure out if it made sense to open the windows. That doesn't sound quite warm enough to turn off heat and open them and if there was rain, it really wouldn't make sense. JMO.

Most people know the direction of the rain at their own homes. I have windows that don't allow in rain when opened.

Can we assume that any attics and crawl spaces have been checked. If he was paranoid about something, it’s possible that he hid inside the house and some thing happened.

Just a thought that I haven’t seen mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member